TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pics from the meet...

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with rare razor sale too ...

Well, Andrew, some of them doesn't have to be so very expensive and for you, my friend, I can do a special price :icon_razz: :icon_wink:

well you can always rely on one to let the side down, i am sorry to say that my employer has rostered me on a two day and three night roster next week which will mean that i will be sleeping during the day of the meet :icon_sad::icon_sad:

sorry, this was a last minute change to my roster due to staff sickness and cover requirements.

i hope everyone has a really enjoyable day out, and i will make the next one if there is one

Steve :icon_sad:

Mikael said:
Well, Andrew, some of them doesn't have to be so very expensive and for you, my friend, I can do a special price :icon_razz: :icon_wink:

You better do 'cause Jimmyman has reappeared in the boards... :p

I can see him appearing in the TSR meeting and offering you a tenner for the lot :icon_lol:

I won't be going to the meeting, as I have too much on here. But I have some shaving goodies which I would be happy to donate to this good cause, including some unused Proraso products, and samples of my latest attempt at a hard shaving soap bar. The latter will not be properly wrapped and labelled, as I don't even know if they will work properly - I will include some of my first attempt which should be taken by people with soft water, as it doesn't seem to cut the mustard in harder water. If the hopefully improved batch that I make today seems to be a goer, I'll include some samples of that as well.
Could someone volunteer to take these if I post them to you? I could probably post them to Mikael, but I'm sure he has better things to do on his holiday than try to find his local sorting office.
Please PM me with your address if you're willing to undertake this onerous task. My only requirement is that Mikael gets 1st choice of the Proraso if he's interested; I know he wants to try out the new hard soap, and it would be great if he could try it out in London (and others also), so I can see how it fares in London's notorious water.

It's not to late to sign up... :D

- TSR sit down/walkabout
- 6 of August - 2 a clock at The Chequers pub (just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street)
- Shaving shopping tour (Canuck has made maps, cheers mate!)
- Shaving for those who want
- Pub (maybe book, if we get to be a lot of people)
- TSR walkabout RAFFLE 5£ a ticket - 1st price made by our own Bejay and money goes to charity (second price a vintage DE).

Thank you Sharon! Much appreciated (and I'll try it out here, right now I super lather even with MdC to get a decent lather though, so my London lather skills are so so)!

Something for everyone taking part in the TSR walkabout, in other words :d

Hello Gentlemen,
Just to let you know that I've got to pull out of the meet because life isn't fair and God hates me.
Actually, it's because I've my work rota buggered about with and now I'm working...I'm really not happy and would pull a sickie but seeing as my place of work is literally around the corner from the meet, it's really not a good idea. Some eagle eyed so and so would probably see me and that would be it for me.
So there you are. Sincere apologies to all, especially Mikael, I was really looking forward to meeting and chatting with you face to face but I'm stuffed.

If you happen to wander past the Lyric Theatre during the jolly, pop your head in the door and say hello if you like. I'll be the clean shaven one wearing glasses in the box office getting shouted at...
Have a great time chaps.

Alan.

Gents,

Another bad news :( I'm now out too. We have to run some tests on the Jubilee that night which means I'm out of action all of Sunday when I would be doing my dissertation, now moved to all day Saturday :(

Please put me down for a couple of raffle tickets though.

Sorry gents, was looking forward to this.

Hmmm - looks like I'm also going to be joining the ranks of those who had planned to go but now can't :/

So sorry folks - been double-booked - it's my MiL's birthday - and my nuts would be on the block if I missed that!

Been looking forward to this for a while now too. Hope you all have a great time! I promise to make the next one (if I'm allowed!)

P.S.: If the raffle is open to all and sundry, then I'll take a couple of tickets too Mikael - I can send the money as a Paypal gift to you (or whoever the trustee is!).

Wow, dropping like flies! Is anybody else going now or is it just Mikael and I?

I've not had any positive replies back from the shaving shops with regards to discounts on the day, but TOBS and DR Harris have said that they'd be very glad to see us and have a chat.

I have to drop a relative off in Kings Cross for 1pm but I should be there before 2.

I had a horrible thought yesterday, pubs in St James aren't always open on Saturdays so I thought it would be typical if the pub was closed as well! OCD kicked in and I had to call them, thankfully The Chequers is open 1100-2100.

I'll be there, I like my trips to London. And browsing in shops! Two or more will be enough, although I'm quite capable of talking to myself. And I still look like my Avatar. Not so sure about Mikael!

Well the nice people at T+H have offered TSR members a 10% discount for Saturday on shop items, and a gentleman at TOBS has said to ask for him personally and he'll look after us. I've not heard back from Penhaligons yet.

Hi all

Thanks to work commitments ie: having to work Friday night I can't make it to this meeting. What really gets me about this I have only worked one Friday this year and due to getting a promotion at work they have altered all my rosters and cancelled my annual leave so I am now doing a 12 hour shift starting at 20:00 Friday night.

I am really sorry to about this. Especially after Mikael put so much effort in. I wish you guys all the best for Sat and I hope the weather stays nice.

I will be at the next meeting I will book annual leave that hopefully isn't cancelled to make sure next time.

Another one bites the dust! :icon_eek:

Ok, to try and help Mikael I've picked through the thread and noted who can't attend. So far I make the list of confirmed attendees as just these 8:

Mikael
Missingskin
Fido
NatJag
Millay
Lesed
Jon_hall
Canuck

Is that about right or do we have any more "maybes"?

Not a big problem as 8 is quite a nice number to go into the shops with, and we'll fit nicely into the pub!

Canuck said:
Well the nice people at T+H have offered TSR members a 10% discount for Saturday on shop items, and a gentleman at TOBS has said to ask for him personally and he'll look after us. I've not heard back from Penhaligons yet.
Good News. Great work there.

Exile said:
Hi all
Thanks to work commitments ie: having to work Friday night I can't make it to this meeting. What really gets me about this I have only worked one Friday this year and due to getting a promotion at work they have altered all my rosters and cancelled my annual leave so I am now doing a 12 hour shift starting at 20:00 Friday night.
I am really sorry to about this. Especially after Mikael put so much effort in. I wish you guys all the best for Sat and I hope the weather stays nice.
I will be at the next meeting I will book annual leave that hopefully isn't cancelled to make sure next time.
Not so good news, and good news all in one post, Well done on the promotion. I'm sure there will still be a good few of us at the meet.

Well I will be attending with goodies from Prof Bighty (Martin) and Sharon our own favourite Nanny.............see you all on Saturday.........:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Back
Top Bottom