TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pics from the meet...

Re: TSR sit down 6:th of August ...

Boots already mentioned for picnic food. But I imagine people have a Boots (or if not British, the equivalent) locally, so didn't consider them "special" enough for a special visitors' shaving shopping trip.

The old star/ adam and eve right by at james's park station. Or the old monk is a bit cheaper, or the sanctuary OR the colonies, again that side of the park. All suitable close and you can admire the wonderful 55 Broadway while we are there for all you architecture admirers

Skin Glider said:
No way in hell am I wearing a "name badge" !! jesus christ people will think we are American tourists :shock: :lol: :lol:

But it would be cool if we use our online names ... or not :|

peg20 said:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames">http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames</a><!-- m -->

They have their own beer (Old Wallop) on tap, which is served into pewter tankards.

Old style drinking, for old style shavers. Excellent!

Mikael said:
Skin Glider said:
No way in hell am I wearing a "name badge" !! jesus christ people will think we are American tourists :shock: :lol: :lol:

But it would be cool if we use our online names ... or not :|

Fine by me :lol:

Is there a pub called the Red Lion round that way? Going back a few years now but on a beer trip to London went to one in that area. I'll check out the CAMRA good beer guide as well, means the beer drinkers get a decent pint, you lager drinkers can get the same rubbish anywhere...

Day booked off, hotel hopefully booked before weekend, checked my budget and i've more money than i thought i had so plenty for beer festival at earls court the day before and maybe even some shave spends on the day (not a shave mind)

peg20 said:
Just found this thread. I'd be interested in joining too, but will have to check if I can devote even more time to razors. Please consider me a "tentative".

As for locations, I used to work in St James and used to go to this bar/pub quite a bit:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames">http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames</a><!-- m -->

It is in a basement (so not ideal for mobile reception). They have their own beer (Old Wallop) on tap, which is served into pewter tankards. Quite quiet, so should be plenty of space for everyone (unlike many other London pubs). Not sure about lager, but they have a decent wine list as you'd expect.

EDIT: Should also say that the beer was not expensive by London standards.

You did look at the opening times on their website. Monday to friday only :lol:

Red Lion, Duke of York Street, St James. (i think there are two Red Lions in same area) but i think this is the one i've been to...

Only problem is differing opionions on opening times, found closed at weekends or just sundays. Life is never easy is it...

Maybe you are thinking of the Golden Lion on King Street? A much more traditional pub. Food is average though. I've only been in the Red Lion (Duke of York Street) once. It wasn't very welcoming, and seemed to be geared more towards the lager-after-work drinker.

I'll leave it to others to check the opening hours, as I failed to do so correctly last time *blush*.

Definately the one on Duke of York Street, there is another Red Lion in Crown Passage nearby.

Not been round that area for ten years or so, so i'll leave it to someone more local to figure it out.

Skin Glider said:

TSR T-Shirts!!! :lol:

I had the Chequers pub in mind for a meeting point, it's just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street.

Who's being the local to coordinate things then? I was happy to but it seems we've got quite a few locals coming.

Canuck said:
I had the Chequers pub in mind for a meeting point, it's just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street.

Who's being the local to coordinate things then? I was happy to but it seems we've got quite a few locals coming.

Excellent meeting point! :D That´s it, I decide so (since I started the thread):
2 a clock at The Chequers pub (just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street).

I´m happy if you coordinate things from your end - meeting point´s sorted then, but where to go and in what order after that is also yours (if you want it), but if people want to volenteer and help, it´s an open case, even though Canuck has the final say, when it comes to planing.

I think that we maybe should contact some of the shops and ask if they can do something special for us (refeer them to this thread and forum, by all means). Any volonteers for that mission? (my English could scare them off!?)

Thought I'd wear my Town Crier outfit complete with bell.

On the other hand, I'll just turn uo looking like my avatar. Finding everyone will be fun, I''ll probably forget where we agreed to meet.

That's fine Mikael, I'll print off some little maps just in case anyone wants to have a wander by themselves, all the main shops are within 5 minutes or so. There's even an Italian barbershop hidden away that sells Proraso products.

I'll email all the shops in advance, not sure what they can do for us but you never know, there might be some samples on the go. I'll probably send something off today and then remind them a couple of days before.

Back
Top Bottom