TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pics from the meet...

Re: TSR sit down 6:th of August ...

I seem to have disapeared off the maybe list :cry:

Should know in a week or so if i can make it. Just got to decide if i can afford a hotel for 2 nights and go to the beer festival on the friday and possibly stay saturday otherwise it#s a 7pm ish train back to liverpool.

Mikael said:
Update:
- TSR sit down/walkabout
- 6 of August (after lunch, two a clock, if that´s a good time - we need to figure out a good meeting point)
- Shaving shopping tour (Canuck and the locals´re guides - maybe contact some of the shops in advance?).
- Shaving for those who want
- Pub (maybe book, if we get to be a lot of people)

and Exile´s on the contender list now :D

Contender list:
man of leisure
Canuck
Mikael
Sunburyboy
al_kaholik
missingskin
Fido (you´re on this list, until you say maybe - bring brushes and a table and we´ll set up street brush stand )
Hax
NatJag (if no work)
Millay
Skin glider
Exile

Wannabe (maybe) list:
N_Architect
Max
James_uk
Steve27752
Dipesh
Soapalchemist
Lesed
PompeyBill
Add me to the contender list...be rude not to come along. :)

Oboy, we´re going to be a serious force, soon we have a football team ... no ... we allready have that :D

Update:
- TSR sit down/walkabout
- 6 of August (after lunch, two a clock, if that´s a good time - we need to figure out a good meeting point)
- Shaving shopping tour (Canuck and the locals´re guides - maybe contact some of the shops in advance?).

and Exile´s on the contender list now :D

Contender list:
man of leisure
Canuck
Mikael
Sunburyboy
al_kaholik
missingskin
Fido (you´re on this list, until you say maybe - bring brushes and a table and we´ll set up street brush stand )
Hax
NatJag (if no work)
Millay
Skin glider
Exile
Tardisbasher

Wannabe (maybe) list:
N_Architect
Max
James_uk
Steve27752
Dipesh
Soapalchemist
Lesed
PompeyBill
jon_hall

jon_hall said:

Should know in a week or so if i can make it. Just got to decide if i can afford a hotel for 2 nights and go to the beer festival on the friday and possibly stay saturday otherwise it#s a 7pm ish train back to liverpool.

:cry: Still not readmitted to the maybe list :cry:

:lol:

jon_hall said:
jon_hall said:

:cry: Still not readmitted to the maybe list :cry:

:lol:

:oops: Sorry!

Just found this thread. I'd be interested in joining too, but will have to check if I can devote even more time to razors. Please consider me a "tentative".

As for locations, I used to work in St James and used to go to this bar/pub quite a bit:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames">http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames</a><!-- m -->

It is in a basement (so not ideal for mobile reception). They have their own beer (Old Wallop) on tap, which is served into pewter tankards. Quite quiet, so should be plenty of space for everyone (unlike many other London pubs). Not sure about lager, but they have a decent wine list as you'd expect.

EDIT: Should also say that the beer was not expensive by London standards.

Will know by end of week if i can make it. Can get a Premier Inn for 58 quid total for two nights, just waiting to see if Travelodge can make me happier with their so called sale on Thursday. And then attempt to get the day off...

Beer Festival at Earls Court on the friday and this on the saturday (i'm hiding my debit card)

peg20 said:
Just found this thread. I'd be interested in joining too, but will have to check if I can devote even more time to razors. Please consider me a "tentative".

As for locations, I used to work in St James and used to go to this bar/pub quite a bit:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames">http://www.davy.co.uk/stjames</a><!-- m -->

It is in a basement (so not ideal for mobile reception). They have their own beer (Old Wallop) on tap, which is served into pewter tankards. Quite quiet, so should be plenty of space for everyone (unlike many other London pubs). Not sure about lager, but they have a decent wine list as you'd expect.

EDIT: Should also say that the beer was not expensive by London standards.

Sounds like a plan, if someone doesn´t have another, way better, plan :D

Who is making the name badges for everyone?
Its gonna be like a star trek convention with the amount of people turning up :D

You'd be sillier to poke fun at a guy with a straight razor than one with a plastic light-up lightsaber toy.

I'm planning to "stumble across" the gathering whilst innocently going for a drink. At least until I can tell there is no-one in the pub who will recognise me. :)

Davy pub after the shaving shop walkabout, if someone doesn´t have another plan.

Boab: Well, I thought you did!? :?

Update:
- TSR sit down/walkabout

Contender list:
man of leisure
Canuck
Mikael
Sunburyboy
al_kaholik
missingskin
Hax
NatJag (if no work)
Millay
Skin glider
Exile
Tardisbasher
Lesed

Wannabe (maybe) list:
N_Architect
Max
James_uk
Steve27752
Dipesh
Soapalchemist
PompeyBill
jon_hall
peg20

I'm having difficulty thinking of somewhere else other than Davys for the original meeting place. If it is nice weather, then we could meet in Green Park (nearest tube Green Park) which would allow people to picnic and eat whatever they want whenever they get there. On the East edge of the park there is a handy passageway through to "St. James's Palace", which comes out on St James's Street quite close to T&H, so opposite that might make a good spot. Alternatively, St James's Square Gardens is nice and quiet, but might be closed at the weekend. I'm not sure.

There's a Boots, an M&S, Pret, Starbucks etc. all along Picadilly just by Green Park tube for those that don't want to carry picnic food with them. As I said, I don't have a backup plan for poor weather other than suggesting another pub.

In terms of shopping locations, you've got (walking through from the passage I mention) T&H, D.R. Harris, TOBS, Penhaligons, Trumpers (Curzon St or Jermyn St) all very close.

peg20 said:
There's a Boots, an M&S, Pret, Starbucks etc. all along Picadilly just by Green Park tube for those that don't want to carry picnic food with them. As I said, I don't have a backup plan for poor weather other than suggesting another pub.

In terms of shopping locations, you've got (walking through from the passage I mention) T&H, D.R. Harris, TOBS, Penhaligons, Trumpers (Curzon St or Jermyn St) all very close.

Don't forget the Boots! ;)

Back
Top Bottom