TSR brush...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting another prototype soon. All I can say is be patient, as your name is now on this thread I'll contact you when the time comes.

antdad said:
I'm expecting another prototype soon. All I can say is be patient, as your name is now on this thread I'll contact you when the time comes.
I do not think we need to rush in any way. It's ongoing prototype work and one way or another it will be ready at some stage.
What we care for is to be good work, which it will, and patience is always a good virtue for such custom items.
Don't forget it will be our brush, a 'TSR' brush... :)

N_Architect said:
antdad said:
I do not think we need to rush in any way. It's ongoing prototype work and one way or another it will be ready at some stage.
What we care for is to be good work, which it will, and patience is always a good virtue for such custom items.
Don't forget it will be our brush, a 'TSR' brush... :)

+1!

I didn't mean to be intrusive or pressure anyone! But since the number 25 is mentioned as a minimum, and I don't know how many people already sign up, I taught perhaps one more could make a difference!

Take all the time you need, by all means! And thanks for the reply and the work, antdad!

And please take my impatience as a compliment, as I'm drooling over the photos! :hungrig

All understood gents, it's useful to know who's interested although a set number is not required for the go ahead. I gave Lee a number "range" he might have to make and he's happy with that.

Not much work done by me to be honest, (See OP) I know the handle and knot (+10% extra hair over his standard for this type) just waiting for it to happen.

Won't be ultra dense at this price point but I do like the face feel and the way this knot/hair performs, I've seen some of our Spanish/Portugese contributors with M&F brushes so it would be nice to know what they think of their brushes.

- I very much like the Polo type that "Slow Shaving" has, but somehow feel we won't be going for that. :(
- The other standard type (that lu20vt in AC.com has for example), like a Rooney 1/3, is good (I feel). I like it more, anyway, than the handle shape of the black prototype Tony showed a month back.
- No offense or intention against our Italian friend, Carvalho, just expressed my view earlier on. Anyway, we're done there.
- Good to know the +10% extra hair.

How about a barrel shaped handle, like the one on the left here?

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• Morris and Forndran.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 36
Ah. My mistake, I was asking what those fellows thought about the knot/hair of those brushes not the overall design.

I have to be an autocrat about this as I've seen too many attempts to launch a TSR brush go to rat shit with everybody having a say. I'm working to a budget to make this more affordable to all, the barrel and the Polo style are larger brushes and they will certainly cost more than the estimated £60 I'm hoping this TSR brush will be priced at.

If you get a personalised two band brush at this price and at this quality it'll will be outstanding value for the majority but I'm afraid it's not up for discussion for the reasons I've given, I'm sure you understand but you'll just have to wait till I evaluate the latest prototype.

I misread, re Polo type handle, sorry!

60£ish sounds very good to me, for this kind of brush. Knot size a side (I never expected a gigant knot anyhow) I´m just happy if it´s not one of the smaller Rooney type handles.

Like Mikael I'm ok as well, and full support on the somewhat autocrat approach as otherwise we may never all fully agree so as move this forward. :)

The knot'll be 24/50 ish bulb with enough density, I'll make sure of that. It won't be chubby dense but then it isn't chubby price. The black handle in the OP is 50mm high X 40mm diameter at it's largest point so it's taller than a CH2 if not quite as wide, I'd classify it as a medium sized brush so good for all. I could highly spec the brush but what would be the point if it prices the majority out of buying one, that's the position I'm taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom