TSR brush...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say at this stage is that if the M&F brushes made by Lee Sabini are anything to go by (see OP) I expect this brush to be of a similarly excellent quality and that it exceeds many of the Simpson brushes I have. The handle quality and finish are exceptional and the "blonde badger" hair (2 band super) that he uses certainly has a different feel (in a very positive way) to the Simpson 2 band brushes that I have so it should provide a different if not better experience.

antdad said:
I can't justify another brush to anybody so you'll just have to have a little faith and decide when you see the prototype. Equally although I appreciate the input I won't be openly inviting or discussing design details on this thread. I repeat the logo/font to be used is just not up to me.

All I can say at this stage is that if the M&F brushes made by Lee Sabini are anything to go by (see OP) I expect this brush to be of similarly excellent quality.

the M&F brushes are getting very good reviews on the other forums, looking forward to this brush...... :D :shave :shave

Having seen these later pictures, I must admit I'm starting to weaken... I'd be tempted by a more expensive brush provided it was worth it (and I think these later examples look that way) - a bargain priced brush isn't a bargain if it doesn't offer anything extra to what I have at the moment. I'd rather pay the extra and go for something special - be it a TSR brush or one of Fido's...

I particularly like the more ornate handle style - the detail really makes it stand out.

So I'm LEANING towards in... :shave

The M&F should be a very good brush, full trust on Tony who's already tried Lee's work plus the Spaniards on AC.com have done the same and have very positive feedback as well.

Beejay's work for Steve looks very very good though (resembles a NF Tubby from the side :?: ) so any option would be a top choice.
Perhaps we could start as thought originally (M&F now, bj next time whenever that comes...) :p

I ordered a custom LE Vie-Long last week, similar to the one the guys over at AC.com made in December 2010 (AC.com engraving, white badger, 50mm loft, olive wood handle). I'll post feedback when I get it.

Our brush will be very special, though - there's only one TSR! ;) :cool:

Work in progress...still much to be finalised.

tsr1.jpg

antdad said:
All I can say at this stage is that if the M&F brushes made by Lee Sabini are anything to go by (see OP) I expect this brush to be of a similarly excellent quality and that it exceeds many of the Simpson brushes I have. The handle quality and finish are exceptional and the "blonde badger" hair (2 band super) that he uses certainly has a different feel (in a very positive way) to the Simpson 2 band brushes that I have so it should provide a different if not better experience.

A few weeks ago I ordered a couple of M & F brushes from Lee, they arrived yesterday and they are beautiful. I am looking forward to the opportunity to acquire another!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-26 at 7.41.42 AM.png
    361 bytes · Views: 51
I knew this would happen...

I was just wondering whether to buy another brush - one of Fido's - and was thinking how things had gone a little quiet on the TSR brush front, so today I pulled the trigger on a 2221 High Mountain... and then you announce this!

Really! The nerve of some people! :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see it... I'm sure I could find room for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom