TSR brush...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
antdad said:
The knot'll be 24/50 ish bulb with enough density, I'll make sure of that. It won't be chubby dense but then it isn't chubby price. The black handle in the OP is 50mm high X 40mm diameter at it's largest point so it's taller than a CH2 if not quite as wide, I'd classify it as a medium sized brush so good for all. I could highly spec the brush but what would be the point if it prices the majority out of buying one, that's the position I'm taking.

Thank you Tony! Much appricited, really! I think it´s a killer deal for that price, even without the extra stuffing it´s bloddy brilliant :D and I´ll shut up about the handle size now ... since I´m very happy with it :lol:

I didn't think the barrel handle would be viable, I was just being mischievous and forgot the appropriate smileys. ;) :twisted: I happen to like the black handle in the OP. The specs sound good and it's better that the brush is affordable to as many as possible. The approach you're taking is the best way of getting the brush made as well.

Again I agree with Tony, Mikael and James. All well, especially the specs (handle height, knot, loft) are good for my tastes and preferences.
Also feel specs are somewhere along a 'middle' road so quite a few of us to make (or to have made) the decision and jump in.

Still very interested - and I like the handle shapes posted in the OP (as an aside, I don't like barrel shaped handles :D ).

Happy to wait patiently and trust Tony's judgment on this one - but very keen to see the outcome! :D

N_Architect said:
- No offense or intention against our Italian friend, Carvalho, just expressed my view earlier on. Anyway, we're done there.
- Good to know the +10% extra hair.

None taken, except in the Italian part, as I'm Portuguese! :D No worries, 60% of Americans think we are part of Spain so... :lol:

I was planing on getting the white handled blonde badger model, a Portuguese friend has one and says its very close to perfect, but not being a fan of white or off-white handles, the black handle on the OP sent me over the edge! I must have this brush! The 24mm/50mm is my favorite knot measure, as an exclusive face latherer it's perfect, and I've hear that the blonde badger has the most unique backbone and soft tips combination in all the badger realm! The 10% more hair is just like christmas coming early! :eek:
So thanks for designing my ideal brush antdad!
You can stop with the mind reading now! :lol:

antdad said:
Won't be ultra dense at this price point but I do like the face feel and the way this knot/hair performs, I've seen some of our Spanish/Portugese contributors with M&F brushes so it would be nice to know what they think of their brushes.

I have a M&F 24mm knot/52mm loft and i love it. It´s my favourite brush, at least for now ;) .
I suppose rntdcarvalho was talking abut me, and i would like to have one of this too, if possible.

P.S. I also like like the butterscotch that you sold to me, but unfortunately I am the only person in Portugal who likes butterscoth handles :roll: .

bleddyn said:
I have a M&F 24mm knot/52mm loft and I love it. It´s my favourite brush, at least for now ;) .
I suppose rntdcarvalho was talking about me, and I would like to have one of these too, if possible.

I was!

bleddyn said:
P.S. I also like the butterscotch that you sold to me, but unfortunately I am the only person in Portugal who likes butterscotch handles :roll: .

You are! :lol:

Ah glad you like it bleddyn, it seems it could have been a future classic if you lived somewhere else. :lol:

All this talk of perfection is a little premature but I'm content to base the TSR brush on the white M&F brush which also happens to be my current favorite. ;)

hunnymonster said:
But if you're the only man in Portugal that likes butterscotch handles... then you must get all the butterscotch that's available?
[/quote]

The problem is that they aren't available here in Portugal.
I have 3 at this moment, the one i bought from antdad, one from penworks and this one that i have bought on the bay and have restored with a TGN knot
klenzo.jpg

After all the love that you gents have spread here for those brushes,I have ordered a 24mm knot 53mm loft M&F blonde badger brush in horn handle.I really wanna try it now,and,If I like it,Ill get this one for sure.
Thanks to antdad for the work that hes doing trying prototypes and dealing with people like us...... :lol:

Teiste said:
After all the love that you gents have spread here for those brushes,I have ordered a 24mm knot 53mm loft M&F blonde badger brush in horn handle.I really wanna try it now,and,If I like it,Ill get this one for sure.
Thanks to antdad for the work that hes doing trying prototypes and dealing with people like us...... :lol:
Teiste, where/how did you order? I've tried Googling M&F and have only really come up with reviews and forum posts. Or does one contact Lee directly?

I did actively invite the open discussion of M&F brushes in this thread hoping to generate a little more interest, it has possibly worked a little too well.

If you want Sabini's contact details just pm me, I'll happily forward them.

Thanks for the offer Tony. For now, my purchasing interest is restricted to the TSR brush - but I was just interested to know a bit more about the range of M&F brushes he offers in general.
Thanks for your working with Lee on this.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom