TSR brush...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MandoBear said:
Teiste said:
After all the love that you gents have spread here for those brushes,I have ordered a 24mm knot 53mm loft M&F blonde badger brush in horn handle.I really wanna try it now,and,If I like it,Ill get this one for sure.
Thanks to antdad for the work that hes doing trying prototypes and dealing with people like us...... :lol:
Teiste, where/how did you order? I've tried Googling M&F and have only really come up with reviews and forum posts. Or does one contact Lee directly?
I contacted Lee directly.Let me know if you need his email address.

Heres mine:
Horn handle,24mm knot and 52 mm loft.Tried twice and really happy with it.Has a really firm backbone while the tips have been soft from the very beginning.Glad to know that these brushes are truly made in England.

P1160867.jpg

P1160868.jpg

I only can tell you,for the ones that arent totally convinced about getting one of these TSR limited edition brush,that you wont be able to find such a wonderful brush,suitable for both face lathering and bowl lathering,with hard soaps and creams,with this quality.
Thanks to antdad who put me under the steps of these brushes and count me in for one of theTSR LE brush.

Handsome brush Tieste, I've yet to receive the final prototype from Lee but I hope everybody is as pleased with the end result.

For those waiting for news I really don't know how long this is going to take, it'll be months rather than weeks.

Teiste said:
Heres mine:
Horn handle,24mm knot and 52 mm loft.Tried twice and really happy with it.Has a really firm backbone while the tips have been soft from the very beginning.Glad to know that these brushes are truly made in England.

I have seen that you called this type of hair (on foroafeitado.es) as "Best Badger with bleached tips".
How would you compare it relatively to the SOC or the Vie-Long in two band?
Thank you.

bleddyn said:
Teiste said:
Heres mine:

I have seen that you called this type of hair (on foroafeitado.es) as "Best Badger with bleached tips".
Thank you.
Hello there,Bleddyn.
Thats what I have been told that particular kind of hair is : a kind of best badger hair which tips are bleached to give it a whiter color.
The hair is really good actually.The Vie Long hair has less backbone for sure and its a little bit more scratchy while the SOC finest has the same firm backbone and the same soft tips.If I would have to choose one of this,it would be really,really hard,since I must admit that I like the 3 of them a lot.
Un saludo a Portugal.

Teiste said:
bleddyn said:
Teiste said:
Heres mine:

Thank you.
Hello there,Bleddyn.
Thats what I have been told that particular kind of hair is : a kind of best badger hair which tips are bleached to give it a whiter color.
The hair is really good actually.The Vie Long hair has less backbone for sure and its a little bit more scratchy while the SOC finest has the same firm backbone and the same soft tips.If I would have to choose one of this,it would be really,really hard,since I must admit that I like the 3 of them a lot.
Un saludo a Portugal.

I was pending between the SOC or the Vie-Long E16510, but I think I'll buy the SOC. I like soft tips ;) .
I need something to use while i am waiting for the TSR brush :cool: .
Thank you very much for your answer.

I was pending between the SOC or the Vie-Long E16510, but I think I'll buy the SOC. I like soft tips ;) .
I need something to use while i am waiting for the TSR brush :cool: .
Thank you very much for your answer.[/quote]

You won't be disappointed with the SOC I've been using mine for about a month solidly now and it has improved with use.

I have the Vie-Long AfeitadoClasico.com Limited Edition in two band 50mm loft, which has exactly the same hair as the E16510.
Before placing the order I had been debating for quite some time between the two.

This particular brush has the most prickly hair I've ever come across. It may have very good backbone but what you need to know is that being pretty scratchy it is for particular days only when you need some extra assistance in exfoliating properly or perhaps when you are face lathering with a shave cream that is quite dense coming out of its tube.

When I will buy another Vie-Long brush, it'll probably have to be a Silvertip, I would very much prefer that (but then again this is personal preference).
I have been thinking over getting the E16510 as well but the scratchy hair has been averting me from doing so.

Between the E16510 and the SOC badger there is no question about it, definitely the SOC, it is a fantastic brush, especially if you like the ergonomics of the handle.
I sold my Semogue 2010 LE brush (new, unused) to get the SOC badger and do not regret it (but then again I like this handle very much).

Apologies for diverting from the topic which is the TSR brush.

N_Architect said:
I sold my Semogue 2010 LE brush (new, unused) to get the SOC badger and do not regret it (but then again I like this handle very much).

That's the reason you sold it and don't regret it, if you would have used it once... no turning back!
Glad you like the SOC2, just for curiosity what number was your Semogue LE 2010?

N_Architect said:
No. 20, another member here has it now (and he lives in a faaaaaaaaar away continent actually) ;)

The world's smallest continent... or is it the world's biggest island?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 9.29.08 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 9.29.08 PM.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 72
ben74 said:
The world's smallest continent... or is it the world's biggest island?

I figured it was you! I wouldn't have found my LE 2010 #81 if it wasn't for Ben74! Hope you are enjoying your #20, if he even comes up on the rotation with the thousands of M&F Brushes you have been collecting ;) (and now I brought the subject round to M&F brushes, full circle :lol: )

I like the look of that, in ebony it looks a little....meaner?

It looks to be very tightly packed and almost a white out on the image at the tips from the camera flash. Guess you will see how it is when you get it in your hands.

Good stuff.

I only asked Lee to put a touch more hair in than his standard model and left him to shape the knot as he saw fit, It should look better with livery and has bloomed a bit. I'm not expecting it to be ultra dense but dense enough, looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom