The World Cup

andyjreid said:
joe mcclaine said:
The Irish lad up front, Rooney, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Yea so much for the great hope of british football eh?

What was it they said about Rooney "In August he'll be firing them in the back of the net again and again for Man Utd"

Too right he will...cos he gets paid obscene amounts of dosh to do so! Cynical comment to make, but it happens to be true!

Total & utter shambles. And the second half was even worse!

I still think that Capello is da man. However, what on earth was he thinking by bringing on Heskey ( full stop! ) for Dafoe?

The next round is going to be tasty:

Argentina
2B74E5B3A6C03701B6614D752A.jpg

versus Germany
german-girl_world-cup-2010_06.jpg

I know who I fancy.... :roll:

So who now?

I hope Spain win it. That first defeat may have been a blessing in disguise. It's going to be good to relax now. And isn't it odd? I don't remember hearing vuvuzelas during yesterdays match. Too much else to be bovered about.

Where do you get those pics?!

Strange no one is talking about Brazil. I think that both they and Spain have a couple of gears yet to find.

Before the tournament started I put a couple of quid on Argentina and Germany to win the World Cup (at good odds), so from a financial point of view I am looking at the winner of their game to go on and win.

Argentina, because they've bought this tournament to life, played the best football and I'd like to see even more egg on the faces of the lazy British Press pedalling nonsense about Maradona.

...but I think it will pragmatic Brazil.

I saw Higuita at the old Wembley when he did the infamous Scorpion kick, the only thing to brighten a generally shite game.

International goalies that took the occasional penalty or free kick?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a633kGljLnk&feature=related[/youtube]

hunnymonster said:
Heskey (England): 62 caps - 7 goals
Higuita (Colombia): 68 caps - 8 goals
Chilavert (Paraguay): 74 caps - 8 goals

Why are 2 of these players considered as "desirable"?

Could be because two of those players are skilfull and maybe do a bit more than 'just head the ball on' as Mr. Heskey does.

There we go then, really don’t mind that we played shite. From when I was old enough to follow the game our national team has been shite at best, with a couple of decent games in between to keep you going back. What bothers me this time around is the sheer lack of any type of fu**ing passion or born and bred pride in wearing the national strip.

I’ve seen more fair sporting aggression and pride down my local park on a Sunday morning for Christ’s sake.

And what have I got to look forward to now, the hope that Andy bloody wan**r Murray fractures both legs and ruptures his spleen the pr**k..... :evil:

Bollocks, I’m going to order some more shaving stuff to get over it.

I think that it's worth a mention that no English fans have been arrested at this world cup. Credit where it's due.

What with your crappy football team, and well behaved fans, you're more like Scotland than you think! ;)

Pi**ing myself at the above 2 posts. I was at a mate's wedding. He had it y'day because he thought we'd top the group and not be playing! Glad I was out the house and not watching that on telly.

At the start of the tournament, I thought we could try and get to the semis :cry:

To get SWMBO into the footy, I thought I'd get a wallchart and let her fill it in. There's also a space on it for predictions: finalists, golden boot, where will england get to etc.

She doesn't know ANYTHING about footy and said we wouldn't progress beyond first round!
Bizzarely, she also said Roony would win golden boot.

Back
Top Bottom