The World Cup

hunnymonster said:
Antdad has it - goalies that have scored more international goals than Emile Donkey, who is allegedly a striker (the goal could be in danger if it was moved to row Z in the stands...)

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamish McAlpine had scored as many league goals :? I haven't looked, but anyone pedantic enough to check is a sad bastard - it's more amusing (and insulting to the tosser) if we all just assume it to be true ;) :D :D :D

Good match up tonight....

portugal-girl-2006-440x313.jpg

versus

spanish-girl_world-cup-2006_02-439x434.jpg

On that form it's Portugal. But my money is on Spain tonight. I think that they are better overall.

Am I the only person left still livid about these bloody vuvuzelas?

Here I am, viewing one of the great local derby world cup matches, and it's like watching a county cricket match. Apart from the swarming bees that occasionally get louder. No atmosphere at all.

This must never be tolerated again.

Fido said:
Am I the only person left still livid about these bloody vuvuzelas?

Here I am, viewing one of the great local derby world cup matches, and it's like watching a county cricket match. Apart from the swarming bees that occasionally get louder. No atmosphere at all.

This must never be tolerated again.

Here,Here Fido, in all sincerity,here,here ! :x

That's one of Uruguays best players not playing against Holland because he will be suspended.

Holland in the final for sure.

Fido said:
Another rule change needed.

Award a penalty goal (like a penalty try in rugby) when deliberate handball prevents a goal being scored.

Ghana were robbed by cheating.

They ought to apply lengthy (12 months for a first offence) bans for obvious cheating - even if it's detected by the referee after the match when he's shown a replay.

If it's a game (and I believe it could loosely be called one) then those playing should play it properly - if the referee calls a decision wrong (like awarding a goal kick after Harald Schumacher knocked Battiston unconscious in the 1982 WC) the player who "got away with it", and it's obvious on a replay, ought to own up (or face a 12 month ban)

That was a rough 2 days with no football! Really upset my routine.

Enjoyed the drama last night. No need for any rule changes, just better penalty takers.
That's Ghana hurt in the morning! :lol:

Good games today, but not much value to be had betting wise....But wait. David Villa is at evens to score at anytime against Paraguay!
It's as if the bookies are giving away their money! :shock:

Snap it up folks, then you can post what you spend your winnings on in the Acquisitions thread.

Am I the only one still watching?

At least England did better than Argentina.

Who now?

Germany to slaughter Spain in the semi final, then lose on penalties to Uruguay in the final?

Can't stop. Kick off in 5 minutes.

Blast, I missed the Tour de France prologue. What with the cricket, tennis and football, it's been a busy day.

I'm still watching, superb game today i think ze Germans could go all the way, they tore the Argies apart.

Oh and i managed to watch a bit of ladies tennis as well.

Back
Top Bottom