SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

9 April
Speick Men stick
Mühle travel
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

08D8F51D-3EEB-44D6-A822-FDBFB486103A.jpeg
Speick Men stick (non veggie with potassium tallowate) is a fantastic little stick. If I apply it to my stubble and lather with a damp brush I get a wonderful, thick lather. Today it was a little too thick and probably needed a bit more water. The first pass was tricky but the second was excellent and the result was a super smooth face.

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS Head
Blade = London Bridge ( 1 ) Indonesian
Brush = Turn N Shave Custom Boar Stoat
Cream = The Body Shop with matching balm
Splash = The Body Shop Activist
View attachment 119166
Morning Guys i hope you are all well.
It’s been a fair bit of time since i was on due to work commitments.
Or should i say due to being shattered.
Lucky if im shaving once per week & i hate it.
Iv now spent 8 weeks in Angola and was due home today however my job has issues in Indonesia so heading there for a couple of weeks before i finally make it home.
I just love this Body Shop stuff it’s really underrated by myself but a great travelling set up.
Iv got around 10 soaps with me & im lucky if iv used half of them.
Never mind hopefully i get back to normal when i reach Bintan.
4 Days travel is brutal.
All the best to you all & Happy Shaving
Nice to see you posting Mike, and safe onward travel :)

09/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 15 (4).jpg
Another very efficient shave today using a 2 pass shave routine with the Stainless R41.
Some indication from the splash indicating the closeness of the shave.
Enjoy your day all.

A very enjoyable shave!

The Jewel gets a bad press but it did a good job here and took very little time with no tugging. The Schrägschnitt seems to bring out the good in any blade and while this wasn't a very close shave it was easy and comfortable with no hint of irritation.
Love the soap and enjoying the cooling of it and the Aqua Velva

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Jewel Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Zingari Socialite
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva Fresh Control
IMG_20240409_180208.jpg

Tuesday 9th April

AP1GczPL2AXSZle5Gbl7IwMnZVpBZE_D50Fld0G8Epay1hdEE8sLUbAzlr6SoRAPX-2lyXTR8HDMYh0rEoTtJk3wK99nZLYWmJnNC4KrZWqXIP8uN7BncclzCVy8JEp62iqivWHbPkwz5kDRYTvzjEM77_abbg=w800

Floris Elite (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 98 Professional Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready Streamline (1950s) & GEM by Personna (2)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Lovin' the Floris ... and a superb combo made with Puig Quorum splash.

1000005460-01.jpeg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Capra Alavana.
Razors Leaf and OREN
Blade Feather Pro Guard (6)
Aftershave Brut dupe.

Another day and another go with the Pro Guard, this time it's back in the OREN and what a joy it was to use today.
I would say tonight I had the best shave yet with the OREN, this razor does love this blade and provided me with a cut free, red skin free and sore free shave.
Lovely Lovely Lovely.
Head shave with the Leaf was as always perfect and all that's left to say is enjoy your evening everyone and here is a pic of my spoilt boys 2nd birthday, that was yesterday.
20240408_204233~4.jpg

After finally getting over misery heaped upon me by 'The eclipse of the century', I have finally decided to get over it all, shut up and instead give you my shave for this evening.

So this one arrives to you my shaven brethren themed, 'That was crap. The eclipse I mean'

20240409_172231.jpg

Not this razor - Tatara Nodachi
Not a shite blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Brush it all away - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Get over it soap - Fawcett's scarpicchio
Sooth away your misery - Collagen
Scent of a wasted life - Floris Santal

'Mmm, mmm, ah ah, yes, huh, mmmm, ahhhh. Just get over it you boring old bugger'

A new day, a new me. Rejoice you satanic person and open your heart to putting things to bed and moving on. Neither that or rejoicing being quite on the 'things to do list' on the noticeboard in Satan's kitchen. But hey, here I am.....

And what a damn fine shave that was. The Steven Jagger brush making short work of a good old face lathering and the Tatara making equally short work of removing it. With wonderful effect to boot. A superbly delivered shave with an awesome finish.

Tonsorial happiness. So bloody happy you can have my first choice for a bunch of happy Japanese girlies......

But it was shite wasn't it? A once every few year event and the bloody clouds roll in, you end up getting piss wet through and hurrah, that was this year's eclipse...roll on the next one....uh!

SOTD: 10/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Wed 10th April

Aleppo soap -Skave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L'Occitane Cade soap
Schick I1
NOS Schick Platinum -Sweden [ 5 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Though I have another version of the I! [ White handle ], I could not resist getting this one as it looks really good. Shavewise today not bad, but previous experience has shown that an I1 works really well with a Twin blade.

IMG_0987.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom