SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

YMMV indeed!

I'm also a cold water shaver :)
I also very much agree with you regarding overloading, it was using straights which made me appreciate a thinner lather :)

I just came to the conclusion proper soaps and creams are a waste of time for me, I can happily shave using a straight with pretty much anything, so foam with a cart is life on easy mode. Speaking of which, for me it just works... Eyes closed BBS in under 60 seconds, love it... I can go about my day.

I did fall out of love with the hobby and it became a chore so I guess this is exactly the end result one might expect lol. It's a funny life, back when I had to scrimp and save, wheel and deal for every purchase I couldn't get enough of it. When I wasn't shaving I was discussing it, researching it, hunting for new products, vintage treasures...This went on for a good 6+ years but a couple of years ago my life circumstances changed and I could suddenly have anything I wanted, price not an issue, nobody to ask... And I lost all interest :( There's a lesson in that somewhere!
Change of life circumstances? Did you buy shares in The Emporium?
It’s a pyramid scheme, I tell you!

SOTD Wed 10 Apr 2024

The midweek, shave
FE3D9B7B-286A-48DE-9792-7D5811605D0C.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 Coffee
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Derby Premium (1)
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Good, comfortable, smooth shave with a first outing Derby Premium behaving well in the Twist. Maca Root giving a superb lather, as always and the usual lotions and potions doing their stuff on the old bloke’s face! Couldn’t find the little yellow figure, hope Woofles hasn’t eaten it!

Speaking of which, when I returned from the bathroom, this is what I found…
9FB8A5D8-F7B0-4B76-89B8-C8C6810D9CC7.jpeg
…in my seat!
Sorry, who’s seat?
Ok, our seat I suppose!
Glad that’s sorted.

SOTD: 11th April 2024.

32.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock SharpEdge. (Russia) (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Aqua ASL. + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently this morning.

The star performers of my shaves throughout the week have been both the Astra SP & the Gillette 7'O Clock SharpEdge blades.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 11-Apr
1000025535-01.jpeg
Brush: Oumo 'Big Hand' Ex ST-1 27
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: GSB

Nice smooth shave today with a brilliant scent. I forget how much water P&B can handle, or rather that it needs. It was only after the shave I remembered that this one usually benefits from a decent bloom. Not to worry, still ended up with a decent lather and a great finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 11th April
Schick G1 - Schick Proline B #1 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - OSP Spice Road - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018050-01.jpg

Thursday 11 April

Yaqi Katana,
synthetic brush
Arko
Baxter balm

Used a new Derby half blade, I’ve not had problems before in other razors but today it was unimpressive, tugged a lot. Now the Katana is on the aggressive side but it just didn’t work with the Derby. I’ll check out a Gillette next time.
Result was dfs but needed a lot of pick up action which left some irritation soon soothed by moisturiser.

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0574.jpeg

SOTD: 11/04/2024

Razor: Yaki The Final Cut
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Cowboy Up (sample) Croap
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Enjoy your day, folks!

11/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 15 (6).jpg
I decided to try the Moisturising Dove soap for my pre-shave scrub, its really nice and leaves the skin soft with some slip even after the rinse off. It did not effect the lather at all. Definitely a thumbs up from its first showing.
I am gravitating towards milder razors with sharper blades lately, the KAI (on its 9th outing :D) worked very well in the ERA #3, so much so i am going for #10 tomorrow.
3 full passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom