SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

Ahem. Ladies, gentlemen, the indeterminates and the odd dog or two apparently. I welcome you all man, woman and beast to my shave from last night (because I'm rubbish) themed, 'Construction, deconstruction, selection and complete bodge ups'

20240410_182753.jpg

Constructively deconstructive - Occams Enoch
Selectively deconstructive - Schick Proline
Constructively selective - Highlander LFC
De's, cons and ivlies - Signature Londinium
Se's, lects and ies - Collagen
Deconstructperfumeselectme - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'Cardboard?'

Construction workers. Who'd want them?

The Enoch. Who'd want one?

Pathetically engineered by someone who failed their SATS exam in problem solving. Manufactured in a shed, and a very old one with a leaky roof at that. Uses medieval technology as a method to hold the blade in place. And probably used as a method of torture by the same medieval folk in forcing the imprisoned put it all together. To which the tortured would confess to anything once they realised how many digits were being lost in the process. Except on those occasions the blade fell out.

The big but.

What a stockingly superb piece of shaving brilliance. Smooth, accurate and capable of stunning finishes. It also happens to be incredibly quick, but that is more through wanting to shave rapidly before the whole thing falls apart.

On this occasion with a new Schick in place this was one of those God shaves. Helped along with a God soap and a brush which had better be curse free tonight.

Massive grin value and very happy bunnyism.

One of those razors though which says 'I don't want to die alone'. Neither do the Beaver apparently....

Thursday 11th April

AP1GczPL2AXSZle5Gbl7IwMnZVpBZE_D50Fld0G8Epay1hdEE8sLUbAzlr6SoRAPX-2lyXTR8HDMYh0rEoTtJk3wK99nZLYWmJnNC4KrZWqXIP8uN7BncclzCVy8JEp62iqivWHbPkwz5kDRYTvzjEM77_abbg=w800

Floris Elite (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 98 Professional Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready Streamline (1950s) & GEM by Personna (4)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

SOTD: 12/04/2024

Razor: Yaki The Final Cut
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Friday12 April
A shave utilising non ferrous metals today, (apart from the blade of course :ROFLMAO: )
The brush, an aluminium handled Rubberset
The razor, a copper Alpha Outlaw
The soap, Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver in an aluminium tub
The blade, new 7o’clock Sharp Edge by Gillette

I don’t think I could have used a better combo than I used today. All elements performed perfectly, so much so that whilst extremely pleased with a bbs finish, I felt a tinge of regret that my shave was over for another day. Daft I know, but when you enjoy something so much you don’t want it to end.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0575.jpeg

12 April

Simpson Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm
Dior Sauvage

B5A641E2-71F8-438B-A5C9-C64EC312D951.jpeg
Wonderful to be able to take the time for a really good shave this morning. The Blackbird, when I’m in sync with it, produces the smoothest, closest shave possible and I was certainly on song this morning. The Simpson Chubby 2 was magnificent with its own shaving cream. Sometimes I’m glad I kept a couple of premium badger brushes, today was one of those days. Altogether a superb shave.

1000005520-01.jpeg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Hibernia.
Razors Leaf & Occam's Oren.
Blade Feather Pro Guard (8)
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

It's been a couple of days since my last Shave but that didn't matter to the Oren and the well matched Pro Guard blade, I quite like it in this razor once I got used to having no that no blade feel but it does give a little audible feedback.
The brush and Hibernia gave me an excellent slick lather to ensure a quality shave.
A nice 2 pass shave and ready for the day.
Have a great Friday.

12/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Kai DE Stainless (10 and out).
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 15 (7a).jpg
10 and out for this KAI blade, it performed well enough, although, there was some drop off towards the end of the shave.
I have been messing around with 3 of my Straight's today, working from new bevels on the 1K through a progression to 12K.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom