SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

SOTD: 6th April 2024.

29.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10005.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Astra SP. (Russia) (D1)
Razor: Yaqi DOC Mellon Razor Head./Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend.

A great performance from the Yaqi DOC Mellon/Astra SP duo providing me with an acceptable smooth near BBS combined face & head shave. The in-expensive Yaqi Mellon DOC razor head pairs together with the weighty Schmidt R10 handle wonderfully making a well balanced Frankenrazor which feels solid and comfortable to use.

The Astra SP was a joy to use mowing down my face & head stubble with effortless ease. I can't believe that I haven't added them to my DE blade rotation for such a long time.

A close efficient face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter
Blade: Astra Stainless (2)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

With 2+ days of growth the Jupiter definitely feels more of an appropriate tool. I echo the last participant's thoughts when they said the Jupiter is not a daily shaver. Of course YMMV due to different skin sensitivity and beard coarse levels but for me this is where the Jupiter shines with multiple days of growth.
A lovely weekend to you all.
Jupiter 5.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD: 06/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Barber Station Devil’s Water Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Today's shave:

rdt240406.jpg

- Geo.F. Trumper Sandalwood
- Simpson "Duke" 3 Synthetic
- Gillette Tech with Sputnik blade
- Proraso red aftershave

:D

Grooming cult Eternal watch
Highlander G2 copper
Razorock gamechanger 68
Wilkinson sword
Dendi pure
1000019577.jpg

Second use of the Orion base from Grooming cult and I must admit that this is top tier soap. Scent is not overpowering but stays there throughout the whole shave and with use of the unscented splash it is there a few hours after the shave. And the label on this one is one of the best I've ever seen. It reflects light in such way that it adds whole new dimension to it.

Saturday 6 April

The third of my collection Los Jabones de Joserra, this time Rodrigo de Jerez which is apparently their best selling scent, according to online blurb and which my boss and I readily agree with, it has a masculine base with the aroma of Sweet Tobacco and Spice, descending in to a Tonka Bean, Tobacco Flower, Vanilla and Cocoa heart all resting on a base of Patchouli, Leather and Bourbon. The brownish colour certainly gives a strong visual link with leather and tobacco.
Tried a Lord for the first time today in my toggle, it’s a nice smooth blade and suits the toggle well. Mind you this is probably true of most decent blades.
Excellent shave and great start to the weekend.
Have a good one fellas!

IMG_8934.jpeg

Sat 6th April
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
Ach Brito Mogno
Asylum Injector
Sckick S/S - Japan [ 5 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As modern "Injectors" go this is a big step up from my original Supply V1/ V2 which languish in a cupboard unused for goodness knows how long. Not really a true Injector, but is a good razor for me, currently fitted with a Japanese Schick it delivers great Shaves with a good close all round finish.

IMG_0983.jpeg

06/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 15 (1).jpg
For me the Dart is the most efficient razor i have tried and the closest feeling, on the skin, as using a straight razor from any of my safety razors, i have to be on my game to use it, however, after plenty of practice it can deliver a comfortable BBS finish in 2 passes.
Todays lather i made thicker than usual for plenty of protection, the Arlington is a lovely fresh scented soap and always produces exactly what i need.
Enjoy your day all.

First try of my new EJ89 3D Diamond. I kept all the other elements as the usual suspects to keep it simple. The EJ is excellent. I had an EJ89 as my first DE years ago, but the handle on this is proper knurly, perfect for my gnarly hands (or is it knarly hands). Excellent shave… except I got a bit gung-ho towards the end and scrawped part of my neck. I think it may be a touch more aggressive than the Timor, but that may have been the gung-ho-ness. So next time, take a deep breath and… relax. Some new blades to try out and my potential new holiday soap stick to try out.

Time for a coffee and watch the snooker. Have a great weekend, everyone.

IMG_0121.jpeg

20240406_155130.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Blade - Minora
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Brut

20240406_155051.jpg

First time using a Minora. Seems good. Maybe not the sharpest but smooth. No stubble to be seen but I can feel a tiny amount on my neck after 2 passes.

20240406_161004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom