SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

View attachment 119057

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander synthetic Tuxedo.
Soap Signature soaps Eboracum.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 3
Blade London bridge (2)
Aftershave Diesel.

Another excellent Shave tonight provided by the guaranteed top performance from all of the above items.
The London bridge felt a little sharper tonight and provided an easy 2 pass BBS result, if it keeps this up for another few shaves then I will pick up a 100 of them to stash in my ever growing blade drawer.
Quick splash of what remains of the Diesel and I am good enough for neighbour kissing.
Have a great evening everyone.
Please sell me the stinger handle
Sad Puss In Boots GIF

wo47faD.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Santa Maria Novella Colonia Russa Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Colonia Russa EdC

20240407_193813.jpg

Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Signature soaps Hibernium.
Razors Leaf and Mongoose
Blade Feather Pro Guard (5)
Aftershave Diesel
Head oil Argan.

Today's choice of razor for the Pro Guard was the Mongoose and it was not a great shave, I am not a fan of the prickly Guard rings making the shave not enjoyable but it did deliver a smooth shave.
The only two razors this blade seems to match well with is the Stando rod and the OREN, I will keep persevering though.

My Shave is clean and smooth with no redness again so bonus points to the blade in that instance and all Topped off with a nice head rub with Argan oil and the last remaining squirts of Diesel.
Making a happy ending.

View attachment 119097

Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Signature soaps Hibernium.
Razors Leaf and Mongoose
Blade Feather Pro Guard (5)
Aftershave Diesel
Head oil Argan.

Today's choice of razor for the Pro Guard was the Mongoose and it was not a great shave, I am not a fan of the prickly Guard rings making the shave not enjoyable but it did deliver a smooth shave.
The only two razors this blade seems to match well with is the Stando rod and the OREN, I will keep persevering though.

My Shave is clean and smooth with no redness again so bonus points to the blade in that instance and all Topped off with a nice head rub with Argan oil and the last remaining squirts of Diesel.
Making a happy ending.
I bought some shick to try in the mongoose so can’t wait to try em. I always found the same …. Mongoose hated guarded blades - but rod and hawk love em…. Always interesting to see how razors behave different with blades….

Have you tried the mongoose with the shick blades

I bought some shick to try in the mongoose so can’t wait to try em. I always found the same …. Mongoose hated guarded blades - but rod and hawk love em…. Always interesting to see how razors behave different with blades….

Have you tried the mongoose with the shick blades
I 100% agree with you, I have tried the Proline in the Mongoose and had great shaves with it but I am thinking for me personally, Titan milds are going to end up as my around blade of choice.

B5ACF413-A413-483C-A768-EBAA474BA7C4.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Karve Overlander
Polsilver Łódź (3)
Sir Irisch Moos
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pitralon Classic a/s

Three uses under my belt with Overlander and I can confidently say that’s it’s the most comfortable and intuitive safety razor I’ve used, especially during the atg pass.

Great razor, love it.

Enjoy yours gents.

I 100% agree with you, I have tried the Proline in the Mongoose and had great shaves with it but I am thinking for me personally, Titan milds are going to end up as my around blade of choice.
But Schicks are all in vogue at the moment at chez Satan, together with ladies golfing bags

Back
Top Bottom