SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

SOTD: 08/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Enjoy your day!

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor- Jupiter
Blade: Astra Stainless (3)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Last shave with the Jupiter before being cleaned sanitised and sent to the next passaround participant.

So should you shell out £96 to get one?
Absolutely YES if you:
Like brass as a material for your razors
Have a coarse beard and perhaps not shave daily
Like a mild aggressive razor

Don't get it if you:
Have a preference for light razors
Have very sensitive skin
Shave daily and like very mild razors.

Will I get one? No, because I don't get on with brass very much and I normally shave daily for which Jupiter would be too much.
Thank you very much @Reggie's Razors for your generosity and @Boycie for organising the passaround.

Jupiter 6.jpg

Last edited:
8 April

Signature Soaps Danum
Edwin Jagger travel
Gillette Adjustable E4 (5)
Gillette Silver Blue
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

B749B57B-A074-42B6-BC01-F6CCC3013263.jpeg
An excellent two pass shave, very close and very comfortable (provided the exposed blade tabs are avoided), helped by the superior lather that a Signature Soap will provide.
The EJ travel brush is made with, what I presume, is their own synthetic. It is not like the Mühle black synthetic that I had several years ago. It has more white fibres and is stiffer and more resilient than any Mühle synthetic almost to the point that you would think it wouldn’t work, but it does, very well.

08/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - 21mm Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 15 (3).jpg
The little re-knotted Junior worked really well today.
3 passes today with the Parker set to #5 for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Mon 8th April

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Vitos Super Red
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 7 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Used my original Claymore Evolution which is limited to use with Feather blades only. Thought it might be a problem but have discovered that the Feather Pro which does not work for me in other Razors, does perform well in The Evo. Quite enjoyed the Shave this morning, as it was trouble free with a nice close all round finish.

IMG_0985.jpeg

Monday 8 April

1955 TTO with a red tip was one of three different colours used from 1954 by Gillette to differentiate blade gap. Blue tip the mild version, red the more aggressive and silver in the middle. However, based on using both recently I am unable to feel any discernible difference in aggression between silver and red tip versions that I have.They both deliver an excellent shave without fuss. Mind you the red tip was made in USA and the silver in England. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0570.jpeg

Mr Friendly, you have been very slow with your SOTD presentations of recent and it is about time you made some form of an effort and scribble some useless, uninformative rubbish together.

And so here it is then, my past two visitations to the bathroom sink complete with the theme, 'Total eclipse of my shave'

Saturday

20240406_183849.jpg

All eclipsing razor - Stainless Mongoose
A passing object - Schick Proline
Bonnie Tyler brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Luna Lovesoap - Signature Condate
Mooning cream - Simple
Penumbral perfume - Floris No.89

The instant of greatest eclipse takes place on 2024 Apr 08. This is 1.0 days after the Moon reaches perigee. During the eclipse, the Sun is in the constellation Pisces. The synodic month in which the eclipse takes place has a Brown Lunation Number of 1253.

The eclipse belongs to Saros 139 and is number 30 of 71 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moon’s ascending node. The Moon moves southward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma decreases.

The solar eclipse of 2024 Apr 08 is a relatively long total eclipse with a duration at greatest eclipse of 04m28s. It has an eclipse magnitude of 1.0566.

2024 Apr 08 at 18:00:00.0 TD (=t0)
nxydl1l2μ
0-0.318250.219767.58620.53583-0.0102789.5912
20.00003-0.00006-0.0000-0.00001-0.00001-0.0000
3-0.00001-0.00000----

Tan ƒ10.0046683
Tan ƒ20.0046450

In essence. It goes dark. But it is so close to sunset this year it'll go dark afterwards anyway. We call this night.

I called this celestial bathroom activity 'shaving'. A total eclipse of the face created by passing a non-celetial body (the razor) across the surface of a large moon like object (the face). Quite the antithesis to a solar eclipse whereas one creates a period of darkness this one creates a big beaming light of a face. And removes a few hairs along the way I guess

A heavenly body of a shave and certainly brought a massive smile to Mr Satan. Unfortunately I don't do light and don't do happy. It is against my religion.

The Mongoose? A true God of a razor and I really rated this shave as one of my 'Shaves of the year' to date. Stonkingly brilliant.

'Unfortunately not the same for this chap thanks to some over enthusiastic beer can throwing'

Anyway, if that didn't make any sense to you then we'd better have some Japanese ladies who make even less sense.....

Sunday

20240407_194507.jpg

Right accession razor - Ikon B1
Blinded by the lack of light - Super Iridium
And all shall turn black - Zenith dark synthetic
Corona cream - Floris Elite
Besselian balm - Collagen
Saros's scent- Floris Elite

'Oh my God! The sun has gone, it is the end of the world. Quick, jump out of the window'

They need to live in the NW where the question is 'What's the Sun?'

A shave to eclipse the previous? Not quite as another blade demonstrating how to tug when knackered. A semi-acceptable shave and enough for me to say 'shaved'. Albeit in a fashion.

The only thing I gleaned from this particular bit of me time is that IMO the Penhaligons Bayolea is a better soap. Not quite sure the Floris matches it on the quality front and I find the Penhaligons gives a generally better shaving medium.

I also found out that across the board, I'm a daft twat.

Thank you.

Enjoy your evening of eclipse spotting. We are fortunate we live a 10 minutes walk from an unobstructed west facing seafront. So we shall venture out around 7ish and just in time to watch more grey clouds roll in. So what's the bloody difference? It'll probably be a little darker, but I'd be surprised. Good job there is a seafront bar so one can observe the total eclipse through the bottom of a pint glass. Or just study the bottom of a pint glass anyway.

With this weather there is no spring time and those Drinking boys and girls choir utterly agree......

And I do. Love you all that is

Back
Top Bottom