8aca177adc37d80a2519157ed2cca5cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Cream: Vulfix Sicilian Lime
Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC3
Blade: Vintage Valet
IMG_20170919_162237.jpg

It's nice to shave with a Valet that works, my VC2 had buckled plating on the top cap, which nearly put me off these razors until I spotted the damage and realised why it was giving such poor shaves.
A very nice shave but still prefer a few of the Gem/ER razors.
I've a VC1 on the way, which takes de-spined Gem blades, so I'll see if that changes my mind again on these grand little razors.

Last edited:
Evening gentlemen, and what a beauty it is too down here in the shire.
Had to spruce myself up as her ladyship was arriving back tonight from her jaunt to the English Riviera with her friend.
So chucked in a chicken and all the veg for a pot roast and headed to the shower.
Now I've been allowing negative vibes to enter my head about the calani soaps, I don't know where or why, but I had decided they were difficult to get a nice lather.
Well that's Tosh! Lathered up lovely with a great smell with the oriental plum, nice and slick.
Calani oriental plum soap
Rockwell razor
Nacet blade #2 and last
Grosvenor boar brush
Dolce and gabanna underarm
Atkinson triple extract.
Absolutely fantastic shave, very smooth, no issues at all, smelling great.
IMAG1334_1.jpg

SFaEl7AB_o.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Parker 65R
Rapira Super Stainless (1)
PAA 11235
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & 4711 aftershave and cologne

This razor continues to excel for me, a superb shaving and one of the most efficient and comfortable shaves I have had. Like a hot knife through butter. I had written off Parker razors but I am eating my words now. What better combination than 11235, 4711 and a Shavemac? just lather and post shave heaven.
+1 on the Parker 65R.. Parker DE razors don't get the credit they rightly deserve...The 65R is a very efficient razor, which pairs up very nicely with Russian made blades.

Last edited:
19/9/2017 (am)

SE shave for SEptember continues......

Prep: Warm water rinse and Somersets shave oil
Brush: Razzor Blue Badger Silvertip
Shaving Soap Sample: Barrister & Mann - Seville
Bowl: Korium Black Night
Razor: Ikon RazoRock Hawk /Maggard MR6 handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post shave: Cold water rinse, Fine American Blend Aftershave Shave

Enjoy your shaves!
dd43b5aae917c83ee962d6498a0ef0f2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tuesday 19th SEptember

sotd 19th sept.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#5)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Musgo Real Oak Moss
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

A fantastic shave with the GEM MMOC. The Musgo Real Cream is excellent, a nice scent too. One almost weeper but otherwise all good.

Last edited:
IMG_0141.JPG

Tuesday 19th...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft B&C
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Schick Proline P-20#1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel
After shave - Tabac Original

Two days growth sliced away cleanly and smoothly. The brush really is a cracker and it gave plenty rich Tabac lather. A big shout out to @patw again for the Proline P-20s - great blades and they paired really well with the Hawk. The Hawk is a real keeper too...smooth and efficient. A really close finish after 3 passes (two would have worked perfectly, but why deny yourself Tabac). No feedback from the alum. All good.

View attachment 29212

Tuesday 19th...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft B&C
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Schick Proline P-20#1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel
After shave - Tabac Original

Two days growth sliced away cleanly and smoothly. The brush really is a cracker and it gave plenty rich Tabac lather. A big shout out to @patw again for the Proline P-20s - great blades and they paired really well with the Hawk. The Hawk is a real keeper too...smooth and efficient. A really close finish after 3 passes (two would have worked perfectly, but why deny yourself Tabac). No feedback from the alum. All good.

Glad to hear your shave was a good'un with the Proline Stephen.

+ 1 on your razor and soap choice

Cheers for the TAG mate ;)

Sotd - Tuesday - 19/9 -

Razor - Merkur 37c slant
blade - Lodz Polsilver (1)
brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 best
soap - MT Lavender De Luxe
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Cool alcohol free
balm - @neilbart - test - Lavender (c).

Result - great. Swapping one experiment for another. First use of the test samples of Neil's balms. In accordance with his wishes I will say nothing in public about how I get on with them - this makes sense. It rules out any chance of us 'auto-suggesting' conclusions to each other - makes it more likely he can come up with some objective feedback from the test group. With that in mind I selected only gear that I am totally familiar with - cut down on the variables - like @Boru62 - I picked a soap within the scent description. I'll swap over to the MT Dark Limes when I get to try the lime balms. Otherwise I will keep pretty much everything else the same. I chose a neutral aftershave so it didn't interfere with the scent of the balm. How nice was it to use the Chubby again? It shed a single hair - but I think that was her way of expressing her displeasure at me not having used her since the appearance of the Masetos. Uppity tarts. There is nothing at all wrong with the Maseto brushes - I have three of them - astonishing value for money, great knots, great hair - but the Chub just has more - class? A great shave - hope you enjoy yours - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom