SOTD: Saturday 16th Sep 2017 - Friday 22nd Sep 2017

Pre-work prep;
IMG_5176.jpg

Variant ~ Club Cola ~ Midas Synth

Variant loaded with Voskhod (#2). Face-lathered Wickham 1912 Club Cola. Stubble removed without effort. No incidents to report. Neilbart ASB Lime (A) applied.

Over-and-out.

Wednesday 20th SEptember
LEA Classic Cream
YaQi Tuxedo
General Aluminium
Schick Proline P #4
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
1rafQXP.jpg

While I'm waiting in trepidation for the General S/S release I'm more than happy to have a few shaves with the General's I have as I can always rely on great results.
The LEA Classic cream is a favourite of mine and has a subtle menthol giving a gradual cooling effect during the shave.

Just noticed it's my 2000th post :)

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th SEptember
LEA Classic Cream
YaQi Tuxedo
General Aluminium
Schick Proline P #4
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
1rafQXP.jpg

While I'm waiting in trepidation for the General S/S release I'm more than happy to have a few shaves with the General's I have as I can always rely on great results.
The LEA Classic cream is a favourite of mine and gives a subtle menthol giving a gradual cooling effect during the shave.

Just noticed it's my 2000th post :)
Congrats on your 2000th post! :)

20170919_194324-jpg.17854

Last night's shave:
Prep: Hot shower and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Straight Razor: Peerless (on loan)
DE Razor: Gillette Tech
Razor blade: Rapira (2)
Brush: shavemac unique
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Pitralon Classic aftershave

A mixed bag of a shave last night. I decided to face lather, which I never normally do.:rolleyes: I wasn't happy with the lather throughout the shave either. No idea why I didn't start my lather again…….well I do really. Doctor Foster was on a bit later…..I'm only half joking there.;)

First shave with a Straight for some time. Had a lucky escape using SR a while ago and lost my confidence. @Looney12345 very kindly offered to send me a smaller and much lighter razor compared to my Michael Waterhouse beast.

'When' I did get the angle right the razor performed well. I just did my cheeks and a few other areas which were easy(ish) to get to. There was one small cut (nothing major) and a bit of redness/razor burn on my top lip.

Moved onto the Gillette Tech with a Rapira blade to finish up. I needed a few touch-ups on my lower neck but going over my cheeks after I used the SR there was NOTHING left to remove. It's amazing how close you can get ‘when' you get it right with a Straight razor.

Finished with Pitralon Classic aftershave which arrived yesterday. Nice scent but it doesn't last long but the face feel is up there with the Fine A/S. I'll be keeping it anyway.

I'm not happy with the photo or my write-up but wanted to post it as a thank you to Olly for the loan of the razor.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
image.jpeg

...some welcome news this morning with the offer of a new contract; followed later by the delivery of Pitralon Swiss. Feeling good as I stepped out of a steaming hot shower, the house to myself, Oscar Peterson 'We Get Requests' on the deck and the sun shining. I commenced a very leisurely, relaxed shave feeling my equanimity return after a period of absence. Mountains of lather and great scrub from the humble Pro49 got me in the moment. I used an Astra SS for the first time; the smoothness and effectiveness hit the spot for me. Swiss Pitralon has an unusual scent, face feel was good. All is well in my world today :)

Last edited:
XKGgvPHg_o.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Parker 65R
Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Valobra Cologne
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Next Marble

Continue to be impressed with the Parker, a very smooth and comfortable shave. Top notch lather today with the Valobra, can't beat a good tallow soap. Worked superbly with the horse hair, really enjoy using this brush. Great post shave, Marble is a decent Aventus clone but longevity a little lacking.

Back
Top Bottom