SOTD: 220917
View attachment 29283
Blade: Shick Proline #3
Razor: Cobra Classic (On Loan)
Soap: Soek
Brush Semogue Boar
Scuttle: Giles shaving company
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

A glorious 2 pass shave with a few touch ups using The Cobra and Proline Combo. BBS with no weepers and irritation free.
My last use of the Soek soap and what a pleasure it is. A wonderful thick, slick rich and creamy lather created by the semogue and using my scuttle for the first time.
What an impressive bit of hardware that is. The thought that now I can have warm soap throughout my shave during the cold winter months is a bonus and its design is spot on for creating a wonderful lather. Thank you @Roscotanna :)

Test Balm TBC but I could not resist a generous spray of Cade as soon as the Balm had settled in.
Enjoy Your Shaves! :)
There is nothing quite as nice on the colder mornings than a scuttle full of warm lather, it makes for a much more enjoyable shave, wonderful! :)

That looks simple enough, I'll definitely give it a go on Sunday. How many times do you strop it?
I personally strop between 8-10 strop strokes on each side of the blade..applying a little pressure on each stroke, just use your judgement,& a little bit of common sense and you'll be done..you should feel a difference with your shave.Regards.

20170922_205152-1995x2777.jpg

Bulldog face wash
Omega pro49
TOBS Sandalwood
Gillette Tech
Astra SP
A little alum, and
Nivea sensitive Post Shave Balm

A good shave. Two passes with touch ups. Definitely reduced irritation by removing a pass but managed to keep it smooth by doing one WTG, then one (mostly) ATG. THERE are some areas I still can't do ATG which get a pass across instead.

Feel just about ready to give up on my 30 days as I feel I have learned a lot about using my Tech and I'm getting back to back DFS shaves.

Since I have 2 new razors arriving ( and then hopefully no more !) it's time to move onto a different one i think. I have had the Schick Krona the longest so may attempt a month with that, or I have my 50's super speed to try. HE rocket may be a step too far...

~ SHAVE OF THE DAY ~
Pre - Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash
Razor - Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - RazoRock Disruptor
Soap - LEA Shave Stick
Post - Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave
View attachment 29279
Great shave today wasn't much to take of so I'm super smooth , first time using lea soap its excellent way better than I thought it was going to be and I like the scent its better than the valobra stick imo the lea soap created a much better lather ..... Enjoy Your Shaves & The Weekend PPL Have a Goodn ... il leave you with one of the greatest albums ever made its pretty neat pretty good as jim would say :D
Classic album, one of the finest debut album ever, followed by another great album. Side one, track one, Break on through, a perfect introduction to a band and their ideals. Great shave stuff to as well.

Razor: Mongoose B2 w/ Custom Handle England
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger
Soap: Oleo Montrose Beach
A/S: Old Spice
Decanter: Old Spice Coin Bank Ship 1969-1970 ID #3638

This is a rare and interesting Ship in a Bottle. It originally contained a bottle of after shave and one of cologne. By submitting a coupon and $2.50, you received a small ship to place inside. Product ID #3638

ship in bottle offer.jpg

22 09 17a.jpg

22 09 17.jpg

There is nothing quite as nice on the colder mornings than a scuttle full of warm lather, it makes for a much more enjoyable shave, wonderful! :)
I could not agree with you more Paul.
My first experience with a scuttle and what a difference it is.

Boiling hot lather and a hot dipped brush!
I cannot believe it has taken me 51 years to discover it. :D

Winter. Bring it on! :)

Safe home mate - I believe that you will be going back to an 'early summer,' - how could you tell? My landlady and good friend is from Brisbane - and she described the climate in Oz as either hot or too f***ing hot. yours - I.
@Digimonkey just warm and cool in the afternoon in Sydney at the moment, don't worry the heat and the brush fires is not that far away while is still Spring. Summer season doesn't start until December, weather report say we could have a very early Summer season any time and brush fires too starting early.

SOTD: 250917
SOTD 250917.jpg
Blade: Gem ss #4
Razor: ER 1912
Soap: Lea
Brush: Omega 30mm synth Barber Handle
Scuttle: Giles
Balm: Lime #c in trial
EDT: CK no1

Beautiful evening shave using the amazing ER 1912 and the superb Lea soap that I grated into a newly acquired @Roscotanna scuttle.
I am slowly falling in love with the Omega, she really works her socks off mixing lather and paints your face with the softest of touches.
The three day growth was dismissed without any hesitation.

Really happy with the BBS result after a 3 pass shave with a bit of buffering.

Enjoy your shaves folks! :)

SOTD: 250917
View attachment 29367
Blade: Gem ss #4
Razor: ER 1912
Soap: Lea
Brush: Omega 30mm synth Barber Handle
Scuttle: Giles
Balm: Lime #c in trial
EDT: CK no1

Beautiful evening shave using the amazing ER 1912 and the superb Lea soap that I grated into a newly acquired @Roscotanna scuttle.
I am slowly falling in love with the Omega, she really works her socks off mixing lather and paints your face with the softest of touches.
The three day growth was dismissed without any hesitation.

Really happy with the BBS result after a 3 pass shave with a bit of buffering.

Enjoy your shaves folks! :)

Cracking photo Wayne !!!.....you've posted in last weeks SOTD though mate:p:):D

Just thought I'd keep you up to date :D

Back
Top Bottom