SOTD: 220917
SOTD 220917 3.jpg
Blade: Shick Proline #3
Razor: Cobra Classic (On Loan)
Soap: Soek
Brush Semogue Boar
Scuttle: Giles shaving company
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

A glorious 2 pass shave with a few touch ups using The Cobra and Proline Combo. BBS with no weepers and irritation free.
My last use of the Soek soap and what a pleasure it is. A wonderful thick, slick rich and creamy lather created by the semogue and using my scuttle for the first time.
What an impressive bit of hardware that is. The thought that now I can have warm soap throughout my shave during the cold winter months is a bonus and its design is spot on for creating a wonderful lather. Thank you @Roscotanna :)

Test Balm TBC but I could not resist a generous spray of Cade as soon as the Balm had settled in.
Enjoy Your Shaves! :)

OKHzOn9k_o.jpg

Omega 11126
Parker 65R
Ladas (2)
Haslinger Honig
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Crabtree and Evelyn Hungary Water

I think this blade is one of those that is better for the second shave, first shave takes the edge off it a little. Nice shave today, forgot how much I like Haslinger, very nice soap and the scent is very pleasant. No issues or irritation which is always good news.
Whatever the blade i shave with i always hand strop them to take any hidden burrs from the blade edges before use it . Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems to make a new blade very smooth, without any feeling rough issues.Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose, and maybe something to gain.Regards.

Last edited:
Whatever the blade i shave with i always hand strop them to take any hidden burrs from the blade edges before use it . Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems to make a new blade very smooth, without any feeling rough issues.Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose, and maybe something to gain.Regards.
To be honest I never really thought about that with a new blade, even trying to strop one. So strop a blade like I would a straight razor? I'll give it a try when I change blade on Sunday

SOTD_zpsk3jaxlsj.jpg

Today's shave was influenced by my experience yesterday evening when the sky was blue, purple and pink in one direction, yet had the golden glow of a setting sun in the other. This was set amongst backdrop of green, rolling hills which were accented by hints of yellowing leaves on the trees.

It served a perfect end to summer and the visual impact and scents in today's shave reflect this, starting with the citrus scents of the pre-shave oil and moving progressively into more complex scents as it progressed.

Another great shave to mark the Autmnal Equinox. :)

T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Route 66 Bourbon Jungle soap
T&H Grafton AS Balm
Shavemac TSR 2106 LE brush with D01 3-band fan
Colonial Brass General

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Unscented
Razor: ER/Gem Push Button
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, @neilbart's Lavender PSB

index.php

I never know what to call this razor, as the head is stamped Ever-Ready and the handle is a Gem.
No matter what it is, it gave a very good shave, as always.

Last edited:
Friday 22nd SEptember 2017

SOTD 22nd SEpt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#7)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Cella
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Balm by @neilbart

A decent shave, the Cella and Maseto are excellent companions. The GEM blade may be on its way out and/or the G bar is not as efficient as some other razors.

Friday 22nd SEptember 2017

View attachment 29293

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#7)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Cella
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Balm by @neilbart

A decent shave, the Cella and Maseto are excellent companions. The GEM blade may be on its way out and/or the G bar is not as efficient as some other razors.
Maybe the blade. Seven outings is pretty good. I've always found the FHT/G-Bar an excellent shaver. I read somewhere that it was tailor made for the prevailing generation of Gem PTFE blades.

To be honest I never really thought about that with a new blade, even trying to strop one. So strop a blade like I would a straight razor? I'll give it a try when I change blade on Sunday
I'm in the dark on stropping a straight razor, but i assume this is to sharpen the razor edge?,i hand or palm strop mainly to remove any hidden burrs, it suppose to sharpen the blade too.
a quick insight video:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom