Prep....Shower, face wash with Donkey milk soap
Razor..... Cobra Classic....on loan from @culcreuch
Blade.....Schick Proline P-20/30
Soap.....DR Harris & Co ~Windsor
Brush....Fine Stout with angel hair
Bowl....TSR Group buy 2016
Post.....Lavender ASB (B) by @neilbart
Scent....Bond Number 9 New York

Another faultless shave with the Cobra and Proline, you still need a gentle touch but it rewards you with a shave that is so close and smooth, in many respects it's like the ER Streamline, with a gentle hand and the right angle you get an outstanding finnish.
The classic DR Harris was soon whipped into a slick protective lather in my TSR bowl using the little Stout brush by Fine and the fibres are super soft, it was like painting the lather on with a cloud, a nice brush.
Finnished with @neilbart's Aftershave balm Lavender (B) and a few dabs of the number 9 New York on my pulse points. Clean shaven and smelling fab, ready for the day ahead!

Have a fab Friday but let's be careful out there.......:)

WxqD76th.png

Today felt like a Lavish kind of day!

Friday 22nd September

Birch Tar Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Erasmic Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
GEM G-Bar with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and rinse
ASB by @neilbart
Brut Musk AS

First shave with my newly acquired pristine GEM G-Bar. Thanks @The Geordie Shaver !
3 smooth and efficient passes for a BBS shave.

Only a few hours to go and I will be off for a Long weekend:)
It looks like a great looking razor you got yourself there. Proper job! :)

IMG_2086.JPG
#SOTD 22SEP17
Razor: Timeless Ti .95 SB
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: WW Bishop
Soap: Grooming Dept. Voyage
Frag: Farina 1709
Grooming Dept soaps are easily in the top tier for lather production, slickness, and post shave properties. The Voyage scent is just lovely; getting elemi to work can't be easy. The CL Fourth & Pine scent brings me pure happiness when I smell it. I would love to see it in EdP strength and also in a soap collab. Beautiful shave!
Have a great weekend everyone!

~ SHAVE OF THE DAY ~
Pre - Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash
Razor - Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - RazoRock Disruptor
Soap - LEA Shave Stick
Post - Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave
150607928130587[1].jpg
Great shave today wasn't much to take of so I'm super smooth , first time using lea soap its excellent way better than I thought it was going to be and I like the scent its better than the valobra stick imo the lea soap created a much better lather ..... Enjoy Your Shaves & The Weekend PPL Have a Goodn ... il leave you with one of the greatest albums ever made its pretty neat pretty good as jim would say :D

OKHzOn9k_o.jpg

Omega 11126
Parker 65R
Ladas (2)
Haslinger Honig
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Crabtree and Evelyn Hungary Water

I think this blade is one of those that is better for the second shave, first shave takes the edge off it a little. Nice shave today, forgot how much I like Haslinger, very nice soap and the scent is very pleasant. No issues or irritation which is always good news.

IMG_0168.JPG
Friday...

Belter of a shave today; as we edge towards the end of SEptember (not that I'm especially in a hurry to go back to DE shaving).

Soap - Santa Maria Novella
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Made in England)
Blade - Gem SS ptfe; no shim needed
Post - Thayer's and BBA PSB
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EDC

A luxury post-gym shave today. One of my favourite 1912s paired really well with the SMV (what a soap!!; relatively expensive, but it'll last).

3 passes - no buffing needed and for me, the notes of the Alt-Innsbruck harmonise with those of the soap.

Back
Top Bottom