Show us your slants

Nice, that Wunderbar. On my wishlist.

Got the Wunderbar when it came out and it was the first slant to be better than my 39c. Couple of weeks later I got the X3 head only and it also was better than my 39c but not by much. The Wunderbar was better than the X3, but considering that I paid $90 more for the Wunderbar, I haven't decided yet if it was $90 better than the X3.

9d39da303fb7ef69e6c3dab9a0c22d62.jpg

The safety bar seems too big and fat on the one on the right? Think that's why I had a mild shave from the Fine slant.

Interesting. I think the side on profile is similar on these two razors. I'll try and find a photos. The x3 is the one on the right in the first photo. How have you found the fine slant, what's it like using an almost weightless razor?

f45a3c4809ca43f9916184424d984aeb.jpg

I find the X3 biggish. The only shavehead so far where I have troubles shaving under the right nostril. Can seem to get the blade high enough when going top down. I'll compare with the B1 somewhere the next two weeks or so, am working through the stash of so far unused by me but presently available slants. The B1 will be last in the series, since I plan to follow that up with the Needle Point that it is based upon.

Interesting. I think the side on profile is similar on these two razors. I'll try and find a photos. The x3 is the one on the right in the first photo. How have you found the fine slant, what's it like using an almost weightless razor?

f45a3c4809ca43f9916184424d984aeb.jpg
Interesting difference in the amount the top caps torque the blades.

I like a lightweight razor over a heavy one and at one stage had exclusive plastic DEs

The Holy Black SR71. Yet another Merkur 37 clone, this one with thick and heave grip. Total weight 144 gram. Crappy finishing, as the photo shows. Also, the coating doesn't like wet lather: won't slide well. Petty, because otherwise a real good razor.
DSC05423.JPG

Just bought a 37c, didn't get on with it that much a few years ago, let's see how I get on with this one with a bit of experience with slants now

I did the same as you but with a 39C several years ago. It was awful. Apparently they have changed the geometry of the head slightly to make it less harsh so it may well end up working out for you

The 37/39series, regardless of new or old or older still head, still belongs to my favorite slants. If you get good shaves with it, they are very good. Wishing you good luck!

Back
Top Bottom