Show us your slants

had a shave with the "new head" Merkur 37c now. @Dave-the-rave showed a picture comparing new with old here.
Main difference is the comb, which has become neater, and a bit more closed. It never was an OC razor, but now the rear end of the bar is smooth instead of toothed. As far as I'm concerned, this does not really affect shavingbehaviour or comfort, it remains one seriously good razor.

Mulcuto Needle Point full metal slant. The original that the iKon B1/DLC/slant is based upon. Rather more aggressive, and a lot more fun to shave with. Truly lovely piece of shaving-history.
DSC05464.JPG

DSC05469.JPG

DSC05465.JPG

None. An insert I saw but don't own made the red dot a hep for remembering what side of the blade was where. It said to place the #1 side of the blade at the dot, then shave the first pass with the dot side and the second with the other side. Next day, place the #3 at the dot. As far as I know, the Fasan Duramat blades were not differential, so this would only help to ensure all sides of the blade were used, possibly to prolong blade-life.

Back
Top Bottom