Show us your slants

image.jpeg Fasan
Gillette type with wedge shaped twisted head and guard similar to Pomco, Merkur and others. Three holed double edge blade, guard attached to handle. Plastic or metal with various handle designs.

Weight 17g

Huge blade over hang and loud as a 1912 and shaves like a knife through butter. Smooth and not scary.

Last edited:
image.jpeg Bonsa
Bontgen and Sabin, trade name on 1922 and 1932 lists various plastic and metal Gillette types.

11g

This razor has a slanted head and no twist to the blade but also has a massive blade gap, similar to that of my Futur on setting 6. It shaves like a dream, smooth and not aggressive.

image.jpeg Neo Gam
West Germany and Italy. Plastic (various colours including chrome) razors that take the standard double edge blade. Various models (at least 8) with straight, tilted, and adjustable angle heads, closed comb, or smooth or ribbed bar guards, metal and various colours of plastic, fluted handles.

21g

These other models are high on my wish list as it provides a wonderful smooth shave in such a quirky design.

View attachment 15615 Neo Gam
West Germany and Italy. Plastic (various colours including chrome) razors that take the standard double edge blade. Various models (at least 8) with straight, tilted, and adjustable angle heads, closed comb, or smooth or ribbed bar guards, metal and various colours of plastic, fluted handles.

21g

These other models are high on my wish list as it provides a wonderful smooth shave in such a quirky design.
West Germany, sold in Italy. 23.4 grams. And I don't believe Waits that there is a version with adjustable angle until I see one. And then I want one.
Ahhh, the memories. What a great pass around that was. Thanks, again. Smashing!

image.jpeg Mulcuto
Double edge Gillette type, variety of heads and handles, including angled head, tapered head and wing topped head.

21g

Took a while to get the angle right and achieve a decent shave with this razor. It does give a nice close shave but does have a little blade chatter if not used correctly.

West Germany, sold in Italy. 23.4 grams. And I don't believe Waits that there is a version with adjustable angle until I see one. And then I want one.
Ahhh, the memories. What a great pass around that was. Thanks, again. Smashing!

I've said it before but am quite smitten with this razor and it's unusual shave. The head is so smooth on the contours of the jaw ands neck. I've seen a Ras and Lux for sale, maybe a little rich for me at the moment and whether I'd spend this on a different weight or handle design. But that Ebor type design. That's one I want for sure.

image.jpeg Trumpf
No idea on this one?

It's got the same tilt and slant as the Fasan but the caps are not quite interchangeable due to the angles being ever so slightly different.

It's also lighter than the Fasan at a hefty 11g.

image.jpeg Ile de France
Plastic with a thick head with slanted bar gaurd. Double edge flexible blade with centre hole and end slots.

19g

Hopefully I have some proprietary blades in the next week or so to give this a proper outing.

My Merkur 39C, twisted head but not massively, performs a lovely close, efficient shave every time. I shall have to give it a polish and do some nice close ups on the DSLR.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_b26fdb7d8af54d739e8f8ad11d2855f6.jpg

My Merkur 39C, twisted head but not massively, performs a lovely close, efficient shave every time. I shall have to give it a polish and do some nice close ups on the DSLR.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_b26fdb7d8af54d739e8f8ad11d2855f6.jpg

I've used the 37c and didn't go much on it? Wondering if the extra weight would have helped? There seemed to be quite a bit of blade chatter and felt skittish on the skin? Shame it's not a 3 piece and able to change and swap handles.

I've used the 37c and didn't go much on it? Wondering if the extra weight would have helped? There seemed to be quite a bit of blade chatter and felt skittish on the skin? Shame it's not a 3 piece and able to change and swap handles.
I sold my 37c after trying the NeoGam. Felt pointless ;)
That reminds me: Is the NeoGam actuallly a slant? The head is normal. In German they have two words for slant. One is Schrägschnitt (angled cut) and the other one is Torsionshobel (twisted blade razor). We seem to use 'slant' for both types.

Diagonal vs slant is what I always use to distinguish betwee the two. Two totally different beasts, where I generally perceive,as a rule of thumb with loads of exceptions naturally, the diagonals as more aggressive. Handled correctly some diagonals give me closer shaves than all of my slants.

I've said it before but am quite smitten with this razor and it's unusual shave. The head is so smooth on the contours of the jaw ands neck. I've seen a Ras and Lux for sale, maybe a little rich for me at the moment and whether I'd spend this on a different weight or handle design. But that Ebor type design. That's one I want for sure.
The neogam for me shaves best, with diagonals for me it's the less weight the better.
With the NeoRas-NeoLux things get complicated. The NeoRas was made with a plastic handle, more or less like the NeoGam, but a bit heavier. The NeoLux then came with the onyx-like grip (not sure if it's really stone). Then, to the best of my knowledge a bit later, the NeoLux was produced with this onyx-like grip except in two-tone: the two "stone" parts of the grip had different colors. This razor was branded NeoRas, has NeoRas on the bottom of the grip (whereas the other has NeoLux) and came in a NeoRas marked plastic box.
So you got two different NeoRas razors, and two basically the same NeoLux razors that are named differently.
All these razors have the 45°diagonal head.
I'll show examples of all four razors (Gam, Ras, Lux, Ras) later in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom