Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, bloom water.
P&B Denali.
Semogue 620.
Rockwell 6C (plate 3).
Astra SP (1).
Thatchers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol aftershave.

I'm mightily impressed with the 6C, and the Astra was a perfect match. A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday morning shave.

Sun 9th july

Stirling Syn. 26mm
OSP Bay Rum
Schick E2
Schick Proline Type B, AC blade- [2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Bay Rum A/S splash

With this blade the E2 is a lot more forgiving, not smooth with oodles of blade feel, delivered one of my best ever Close All Round Shaves.:)

IMG_1381.jpg

Last edited:
Prep: Loads of cold water
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: ER Streamline/Jewel
Blade: Gem SS
Afters: Boots Witch Hazel, TOBS Sandalwood AS.
Much better shave this time. The weight of this razor takes a bit of getting used to but once you've found the angle, it shaves by itself.
IMG_20170709_111540.jpg

Sunday Morning;

IMG_4843.jpg

First of 3 shaves with the Aluminium Tech in the spirit of rotations. Loaded with a Feather Hi-Stainless did a decent job, but again a tad 'harsh' on the first outing. Fortunately, I wasn't pushing boundaries with this Tech as she certainly is a mild shaver. Soap was a home-brew affair, bowl lathered for a change, with a drop of Sublime Vanille oil to add a bit of fragrance. In hindsight I probably could have done with another drop but it was a pleasantly scented shave all the same. Great lather whipped with the 30mm, if I'm honest, and I am not one to blow my trumpet! Lovely and shiny, slick and protective. I think I'll need to make some as a bigger batch and see how that goes! It is a vegan-friendly mixture as it stands, though I'd like to dabble with a bit of tallow at some point. Again, currently, it's all Potassium Hydroxide used for saponification, which is inline with MdC soaps...

Finished off with a bit of Wickham Citrus Musk, washed the majority off with a shower thereafter and dabbed on some Creed Royal Water (copy). Smelling great and feeling great. My only gripe with shaving at the minute is I seem to get marginal irritation on the right-hand side of my neck. The LHS is grand, which leads me to believe I'm accidentally using marginally more pressure or struggling to get the angle where my arm is bent (as I'm shaving solely with my right hand for DE/SE shaving). I'll work it out for sure! That being said, it doesn't feel like I have shaved two days running, which is usually against protocol for me!

Onto the next one, chaps!

19932153_1719350691698311_1635530074667089920_n.jpg

Brush:
Omega 11047
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Treet Carbon (3)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Denali
Post: Boots Tea Tree WH, Nivea 2 Phase & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Great lather, blade was nice today on its final use. The soap was quite cooling, don't think this years incarnation is as cold as I recall last years. My biggest disappointment today is the brush, lathered well but shed over 15 hairs which disappoints me very much, never had a brush shed so much. I want to give it another whirl but I also want to complain and query with the vendor is anyone else has had issues. Happy in all aspects except the brush.

SOTD_20170709-686x1024.png

• Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Edwin Jagger - Ebony / Nickle plated (Pure Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua Di Parma - Collezione Barbiere (sample)
  • After-Shave: Acqua Di Parma - Collezione Barbiere - Balsem (sample)
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Luxury Cologne

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap.
Razor - ATT SE1.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Razor (day 4).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap .
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Formula K Lotion, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Cream.

A relaxed, leisurely Sunday shave. 2 passes, a good close comfortable shave with no issues. The OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol soap with the Myrsol Formula K was a very good combination, possibly a little intense for a Sunday morning :)

I am getting good results with the Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Cream, glad they have a website and do UK deliveries.

Have a good Sunday all,

Chris

20170709_125139-jpg.14473

Prep: Warm shower with L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of Shaves pre shave oil.
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Razor blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Thater 4125/3 (2 Band)
Soap: Fine Italian citrus

A much improved shave from the Rocca. The Nacet wasn't as smooth as the Gillette Platinum but worked well.
I struggled to reduce the stubble until I went ATG though.
There was a Eureka moment when I was playing around with the cutting angle under my chin. You have to hold the razor handle a lot further away from your face than you would normally but it seemed to work well.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom