Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – Soap Smooth: Jasmine Tea
Post - Cold water rinse / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

well, ‘The Rock' #3 plate gave a very efficient shave with the Super Iridium, and the Jasmine Tea did an admirable job of keeping everything under control... SWEET!!

zQMNbH5.jpg

Wash/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Proraso Red Pre Shave
P&B Spitfire
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Rockwell 6c/4 Voskhod (2)
Hot/cold rinse
Peppermint witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL

I could have foregone a shave tonight as last night's shave was so good, but I've got to be up early to drive to London to visit family, and I'm not one for waking up early just to shave.
The child in me wanted to experiment with the Rockwell, so put it on plate 4. This wasn't necessary, but I wanted to play a bit.
The result was a very good shave.
Two passes XTG L to R / R to L, ATG to finish.
My first run out with the Spitfire soap,. It took some hydrating but i was rewarded with a luxurious rich lather.
The scent I think is an acquired taste, I think I will grow to like it though.

I've got the place to myself while my wife is holidaying in the Canaries for a week. I'll be able to leave my razors and soaps out without being scolded as a miscreant !

Saturday 8th July
SOTD 8th July.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 5
Blade: Treet Platinum (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Lea Sensitive
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Williams Aqua Velva

A welcome return of the Rockwell 6C, first shave with the Treet Platinum blade and it was very sharp and smooth, the Rockwell 6C probably helped a lot here but I was impressed with Treet blade. I managed to get two small weepers that disappeared with the alum and cold water rinse, maybe needing to adjust after a week of shaving with the OneBlade Core.

Saturday 8th July
View attachment 26746
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 5
Blade: Treet Platinum (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Lea Sensitive
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Williams Aqua Velva

A welcome return of the Rockwell 6C, first shave with the Treet Platinum blade and it was very sharp and smooth, the Rockwell 6C probably helped a lot here but I was impressed with Treet blade. I managed to get two small weepers that disappeared with the alum and cold water rinse, maybe needing to adjust after a week of shaving with the OneBlade Core.
Hi @Bizzyberry ,
Hope all is well.

I adore the Rockwell 6c and for the money you cannot go wrong IMO.
I have used the Astra SP, the Polsilver SI and the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow with this razor.

I am finding that plate #4 is my daily beater but should I give my face a rest from shaving for a few days, then plate #6 will remove everything, (including your face if you are not careful:rolleyes:)

I am an avid fan of the Astra SP but to my surprise I am finding the Gillette is winning hands down at the moment, although may I add this could change overnight :).

I have no idea why this is the case but they are definitely worth a try.
If you would like a puck or two to try ;), then give me your addy mate via PM.
Take care,
Wayne

Hi @Bizzyberry ,
Hope all is well.

I adore the Rockwell 6c and for the money you cannot go wrong IMO.
I have used the Astra SP, the Polsilver SI and the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow with this razor.

I am finding that plate #4 is my daily beater but should I give my face a rest from shaving for a few days, then plate #6 will remove everything, (including your face if you are not careful:rolleyes:)

I am an avid fan of the Astra SP but to my surprise I am finding the Gillette is winning hands down at the moment, although may I add this could change overnight :).

I have no idea why this is the case but they are definitely worth a try.
If you would like a puck or two to try ;), then give me your addy mate via PM.
Take care,
Wayne
Thanks @Wayne Pritchard for the kind offer but I have a stash of the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow blades, they are one of my favourite DE blades, though I have not tried one in the 6C yet.

I am also a fan of the Astra SP blades, and I agree the 6C is great razor, for me it is tie between the 6C and the Fatip Piccolo for the best DE razor I have. My other favourite DE razors are the Merkur 45C and the Gillette Super Adjustable.

An interesting Razor @Shave Monkey and I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Razorock BC.
I am yet to use a synth and this is perhaps my next brush purchase.
Many thanks in advance,
Wayne
Hi Wayne. The BC is a great synthetic brush for the price. It's a real attractive brush too, in my opinion. It's soft on the face but has enough backbone to use with a soap. The Bruce is another great synthetic brush they make. I say go for it!

Hi Wayne. The BC is a great synthetic brush for the price. It's a real attractive brush too, in my opinion. It's soft on the face but has enough backbone to use with a soap. The Bruce is another great synthetic brush they make. I say go for it!
Thanks for the reply and the enabling :)
I love the plexi and have read only but good things.
Just wanted your hands on experience and it is much appreciated.
May be the "Bruce" could be next in line after this one. :rolleyes:
Take care,
Wayne

Sat 8th July

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
Ever Ready Streamline- from Clamshell Case.
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Just had to Shave with a Streamline the last modern SE Razor, as there seems to be a lot of interest in the new S/S Razors using Gem Blades.

It Is very easy to load, and I find that it is one of the few Razors that shaves well with a new Blade.
I am lucky that I get good shaves with the Streamline, as I probably used one more than any other
Razor in my early SE shaving Days.

Using a light touch with no pressure, I had a nice easy smooth Shave with a finish perhaps only equalled by the likes of the OCMM , though those who have the skill to bring old blades to life
may well disagree.

IMG_1379.jpg

Back
Top Bottom