Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

Fri 14th July

Omega 11137 boar
Tabac
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick NOS Super Chrome coated [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tabac A/S Lotion

After the Single Edge it just had to be the S/S PAL, my favourite Injector [ post E] that only uses a single blade. The Shave was as usual very smooth, but not as close as I get with other Schick blades. Will eventually give it a run out with a Proline , but first must try that blade in the futuristic Personna.

So far Shaves with the Personna have not been good, so maybe the Proline will works its magic on it,as it did with the Supply Single Edge. Must find a quiet morning, when not going out officiating.

IMG_1390.jpg

Friday AM 2017-07-14

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Porcelain Finest (22mm/45mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
DE Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Polished-Satin Diamond
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Love My Skin Almond aftershave
j23QfSK.jpg

Friday SOTD:

IMG_4864.jpg

For starters, I was fortunate enough to be one of the testers for @phoenixandbeau's new Vegan soap! How exciting! It arrived today and, as I was lucky enough to finish work early I thought I'd treat myself to a quick shave before taking the dog out for a sunny stroll. The soap loaded easily and quickly with my damp brush and the lather was very easy to whip-up with my soft, cold water. I trialled this soap with a newly-acquired Gillette Super Speed (Rocket HD?) loaded with a Gillette/Wilkinson blade on its first outing and set to work.

The razor was far more aggressive (ish) than with any of my previous outings with Gillettes, though my experience is somewhat limited. I could feel and hear the blade today which made a nice surprise as I was anticipating milder than mild. The soap did its job well, keeping me well-cushioned and letting the blade slide over my skin easily. 2 passes and one or two touch-ups later and I'm pretty smooth in the directions I shaved in.

I tried a couple of suggestions of how best to approach ATG passes on my neck where there are exceptionally flat-lying hairs. One included pulling the skin taught just behind/in front of the problem area, to force the hair to stand up and giving a cleaner cutting approach. The other involved a scything/guillotine motion so technically not aiming to mow the hair but slice it, as a slant would do. Unfortunately, probably due to my technique, neither of these aspects worked for me, and left me with two weepers. Alum attempted to stop them but even that struggled a little. I splashed on some slightly stingy aftershave (Wickham's Cashmere - lovely scent) and let them dry of their own accord. I'm feeling nice and post-shave I feel pretty great, mostly down to the forgiving soap, but I've a feeling if I shave tomorrow as planned I would end up a little raw... Sunday it is then!

Huge thanks to Kerry for providing this opportunity - I think anyone who tends towards vegan soaps will be in for quite the treat!

Onto the next one, chaps!

Friday...

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Razor - Feather Artist Club kamisori
Blade - Feather Pro Guard #1
Post/Smell - Alum and Fine Platinum a/s

So, with trepidation in I went. Almost 3 passes (I left the sides of the neck). And it went quite well...one nick on the lip due to carelessness. This'll be a great shaver with a lot more practice. Thanks @Blademonkey for advising the Pro Guard blades: there might have been a bit more blood if I went for something more assertive at this novice stage.

Friday...

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Razor - Feather Artist Club kamisori
Blade - Feather Pro Guard #1
Post/Smell - Alum and Fine Platinum a/s

So, with trepidation in I went. Almost 3 passes (I left the sides of the neck). And it went quite well...one nick on the lip due to carelessness. This'll be a great shaver with a lot more practice. Thanks @Blademonkey for advising the Pro Guard blades: there might have been a bit more blood if I went for something more assertive at this novice stage.
You will soon be throwing it around your face as if it were second nature, well done, first one over! :)

Bath/Brut body wash (man, this stuff is green)!
Phoenix & Beau Vegan Sample
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Rockwell 6c plate 3
Gillette Silver Blue 3
Proraso Green ASL
Peppermint witch hazel mixture
YSL Kouros EDT

small amount of the Vegan soap pushed into the bottom of my bowl worked up with the Plissoft brush soon produced ample lather.
Slickness was very evident and plenty of cushioning.
Post shave feel is good, leaving my skin feeling supple.
It was a bit odd using a soap without any perfume. I think next time I use it I might add a drop of lavender oil.
I've run out of good things to say about the Rockwell (for the time being at least)!

I love Kouros. If my old lady was here she would say. . . "You don't half stink"!!

Thanks again Kerry for the opportunity to test the new Vegan formula.

Back
Top Bottom