Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

Morning gents,

Well it ended up being much longer between shaves than I anticipated. I've found that when I get busy, it's shaving that takes the hit!

Anyway, with a few days growth, I opted for plate number 6 on a new acquisition for me, a Hempel Titanium Handle. I never thought I'd buy a titanium handle, but I have and it's great. Really nice feel, weight and balance, it complimented the Rockwell head really we also. Happy with it.

Lathered up with my ICShaving brush and MDC. Both performed very well indeed, the Tuxedo knot is fantastic, it has a bit less “soul” than a badger, but you can't fault it's performance, I think it may be one that I mainly use when I can be bothered to bowl/scuttle lather though as I have too many lovely badgers that can be reserved for face lathering!

On to the shave, setting 6 is pretty tasty on this razor. It mowed through the growth and did a fine job, using an Astra SP with I think three, possibly four uses under its belt. A bit of irritation on my neck, nothing to be overly concerned with though. The finish was very good indeed. I do like this razor, it's a good performer for sure. Hoping to shave again at the weekend, using a very special soap (that's) just landed, so will use plate 2 or 3 for that and then get it sent on its merry way on Monday.

Have a great Friday!

img_20170708_175608-01-jpeg.14682

20066096_158797851332682_7114443331018424320_n.jpg

Omega 40033
Rockwell 2C
Wilkinson Sword (2)
TFS Sera
Thayers Rose, Alove Vera Gel & Crabtree and Evelyn Hungary Water

Setting 1 used today, although mild it gives a good shave. A very interesting and complex scent on Sera, I am not sure of the individual components but together it is a pleasant albeit slightly feminine scent. This line of soaps has been great thus far, really been enjoying them.

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub /bloom water
Soap: SV Cosmo beta 4.2
Brush: SV 2.0 High Mountain white (faux horn resin)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate #6)
Blade: Shark (1)
Post shave: Alum block, Lucky Tiger after shave & face tonic, followed up with Trumper coral skin food

35526705870_eefb406d13_c.jpg

Another great shave. First time using a shark blade so I opted for the dependable Rockwell 6S.

I don't find the 6S to be the most fun razor to use, but you can't argue with the results. It's my go to razor to test out new blades. The shark was nice and smooth but I wish it was a tad sharper. I still got a nice BBS shave after 3 passes and a couple of touch ups under the chin.

I haven't used the soap in a while and it was good to be reminded how well it performs. I'm still loving the SV brush and have zero regrets buying it.

Zero sting from the alum, so a great, close shave with no irritation :cool:

14/7/17

Pre - Cien Soap
Soap - @phoenixandbeau vegan soap
Brush - Omega 82065
Razor - YT Tech
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (1)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

A big thanks to Kerry for sending a sample of his new vegan soap. It's unscented but smelling the soap before using it, I'd describe the soap as smelling a bit on the 'earthy' side of things which I guess might be the kokum butter, one of the main ingredients of the soap.
In terms of texture, I'd say the soap is quite soft - feels a bit like fresh play-dough for consistency.
The lather wasn't the best I have built, which is to be expected as it get generally I need a few shaves to get the water/soap ratio right but even still the soap produced a huge amount of slickness.
Post shave, my skin feels pretty good.

Early days and but I am sure I will enjoy using this soap.

Razor: Mongoose B2 w/Custom Stainless Steel Handle from England
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger
Soap: Timeless Signature Bay Rum
A/S: Floid Vigoroso
Bowl: Boise Mudworks Blue

The heavier stainless steel handle off sets the weight of the head very nicely. The handle weights in at 95.1 grams. I got a very comfortable near BBS shave today with these tools. The Floid Vigoroso is an excellent aftershave.

View attachment 26927
Hi,
Does the Razor fit in the pouch, if so where can they be purchased.
Mike B

Back
Top Bottom