Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

SOTD: Gillette Rocket HD 500, Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2), L'Occitane Cade, Murdock Windsor Silver Tip Badger, Post - DIY Witch Hazel/Aloe Vera lotion

170713_SOTD.jpg

Thursday AM 2017-07-13

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Jet Black)
Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest #2 (22mm/49mm)
Westphal's shaving cream (vintage)
DE Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Hexagon Helix
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

After a few days of travel and using a brushless shaving cream, it feels really good to get back to my regular rotation.
7EA9Oqc.jpg

A lemon shave for me also today :) Hope you get a good sleep soon. A friend recommended an Epsom salt bath before bed - the magnesium sulphate relaxes the muscles and promotes sleep. I appreciate that YMMV, it worked for me when I had to try it.

All the best,

Chris

@Ferry-shave @Barry Giddens

Thank you both - I appreciate that. Whisky helps too. cheers - I.

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, bloom water.
OSP Barbershop Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm synthetic.
Little Wren bowl.
Rockwell 6C (plate 3).
Shark Blade (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Barbershop Aftershave.
Nivea Balm.

A so-so shave this evening for some reason. I'm smooth enough, and there were no weepers or post-shave irritation. Just not as comfortable during the shave, and I had to work quite hard on the pick-ups. It may be that the Shark is not a good match with the 6C for me. Or more likely, it could just have been an average performance from the shaver himself. Whats that saying? A workmen should never blame his tools. But hey ho. After a good run of almost faultless shaves I was due an average one.

Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Saponeria Artigiana - Almond Shaving Soap
Omega - 10098 Boar
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Ladas (1)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Pitralon - Pure After Shave

Today I gave the Ladas blade a try in my Merkur 37C but it is not sharp as the Feather blade. WTG cuts the stubbles a bit rough at first use. Left a few litte irritations on the edges of my neck beard areas. Maybe just my over sensitive skin. The Feather and the Voskhod didn´t do that. But again I have a true BBS shave in two passes. The Pitralon Pure after shave was a great buy. It smells pretty close to the Swiss Pitralon (you like it or you hate it). Maybe a touch more flowery which I like but the care property of that aftershave is just awesome.
That Thursday morning shave was accompanied by some music of German singer Hildegard Knef († Feb. 01. 2002 in Berlin).

Great easy listening music. Think I'll have to pick up my Teach Yourself German. Anyway thanks for posting. :)

Back
Top Bottom