S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 24th - Friday 30th August 2013, incl.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 11137, Cella
Merkur Progress (#2.5; 2), Perma-sharp
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

A fine shave overall. One careless moment required the styptic pencil... but a rare event now

Monday 26th August

SOTD26813_zpsfe393345.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1948-50 Aristocrat
Gillette silver blue (1)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Comfortable shave. I brought out a silver blue blade. I haven't used one for a while. The razor's quite mild but the silver blue gave me a close and comfortable shave nothing to dislike about this blade.

Brian

Well, I've had a week on the Cobra and its the fastest shave I can do - I don't know why but it feels an incredibly sure footed razor, that plus the long cutting edge means it will be my go to when I don't have enough time for a proper shave.

Today though I gave the New Style, Long Comb, Ball Handled purchase off the Bay its first run out - and it all went swimmingly! DFS only as I was really learning the feel of the razor. But for something about 75 yrs old I was amazed - we really haven't moved on too far with overall efficacy of design since those days. But I digress........

Sounds - Podcast of Leeds festival (Cost Centre #2 was there) System of a Down and Jake Bugg Sets

Pre Hot towel for a couple of mins then Shea By Nature Oil
Bowl Tottenham Hotspurs Cereal bowl (Just for fun)
Brush Franks Shaving 30mm Silvertip
Cream TOBS Luxury St James Coll - Forgotten what a fantastic lather this makes
Razor New, Long Comb, Ball Handle
Blade Sputnik (2)
Post Benjamins Bay Rum, Coral Skin Food

Have a great week everyone

Ratty

[attachment=8367]

Attachments

• IMG_8030.JPG
    IMG_8030.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 44
merkur hd
vintage minx super stainless
muhle silvertip fibre
razorock cumba cheech shaving soap
rose of bulgaria AS
penhaligons opus 1870 edt

lovely shave. wasnt expecting a great deal from these vintage blades, but... they were fantastic, a close, irritation free shave. the label said 'sheffield steel, extra smooth' and they were, now to see how many shaves i can get from them.

Monday:

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Omega 48
Shave soap: Arko stick
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Shanelle Pour Mon - Perfume Parlour's version of Chanel pour Monsieur

An easy and close shave. The Perfume Parlour's scent is very close to the Chanel's and lasts longer on me. Very pleased.

Today I dug out the Palmolive soap again :)

My shave this morning:

Palmolive Classic soap stick
Omega 10019 brush
Feather Popular razor
Personna Platinum Chrome blades
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm

I already look forward to tomorrow ;)

I'm taking my newly rehandled Schick Injector G for spin. I don't use the injectors much yet, so instead of a fresh blade I finagled the slightly used Schick blade out of my other injector and loaded it up into this razor.

I liked the way that the TBS Maca Root worked with the Pyrate Cove Coconut, so today I'm doing a superlather of Mama Bear Toasted Coconut and TBS Maca Root. I am feeling the synthetic brush bug lately, so the Muhle/TGN synthetic gets to come out and play.

I have no idea if the razor being at a different angle due to the longer handle is the issue, or if this G type head is some how less aggressive than my other G type, or if the semi-used blade is to blame, but this shave took four passes, wtg/atg/xtg/atg. The longer handle made the Schick much easier to use, but the results were way too mild. I did get a DFS with zero nicks and zero irritation, but I will need to work out the issues before I can be happy with the performance of this razor. I'll try a fresh blade next time and hope for a more aggressive shave. The Maca Root and Toasted Coconut produced a nice lather, but the scent of the Maca Root overwhelmed the Toasted Coconut...an unexpected result seeing as the Pyrate Cove Coconut is a milder scent and it blended so well with the Maca Root. Overall an OK shave with room for improvement.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Schick Injector G with cocobolo handle
Blade: Schick Platinum
Brush: Muhle/TGN synthetic
Soap: Superlather of Mama Bear Toasted Coconut and TBS Maca Root

abaza4u8.jpg

Good morning Gentlemen,

-Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
-Finest Badger (TGN) Brush, Omega Handle
-Klar Kabinet, shaving soap
-Truefitt & Hill 1805, After shave lotion

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD.JPG

Summer vacations are over for this year. I had a chance to visit the north part of Evia Island and stay in a lighthouse for a couple of days!

DSC_5425.JPG

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: Proraso menthol
Razor: Merkur 39C barbershop slant
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock
Brush: Kent H8
Bowl: Steve Woodhead bespoke
Post shave: Bluebeards revenge balm
After shave: Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes

My neck and chin has told me to have a break from learning the CJB Kamisori. I had forgotten how simple a slant is to use after the mega concentration needed of the Kamisori.

Monday Evening

Prep : Cliniqie face soap and scruff
Razor : Merkur Progress XL
Blade : Personna Platinum Chrome
Brush : Simpson Chubby 2
Soap : RazoRock XXX
Balm : Clinique post shave soother

Really excellent shave, a great soap, and the first time a favourite blade has been used in the Progress. Starting to get to grips with the Chubby as well (I think)

Mondays Effort - truly superb

Down to Sweeney Todds local barber in Kalkan Turkey

Shave gel
Arko soap - second pass had a splash of lemon cologne through it
Open razor with an Astra blade
2 pass shave then a tidy up
Haircut
Ears singed
Hair washed
massage

Not bad for a tenner!

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (old and new)
Turkish no. 6
Progress on 2
Asco super stainless
Arko Maximum Comfort a/s

Good shave. I made a thicker lather with the old PBB but both seemed to lack volume. Still did a good job though. I'm sure I managed a better lather with my silvertip badger so I'll have to try them both out again soon

N_Architect said:
IMG_2675_zpsc4d16788.jpg

Schick Type B (NOS) & Schick vintage (#1)
Semogue Caravella LE (#33/100)
Pre de Provence
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 After Shave (with bilberry and witch hazel)
Vaseline MenFace 'Hydrate & Soothe'
Jovoy Paris Rouge Assassin

Enjoy the weekend, boys!

Kindly forward that Caravela to me without delay! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom