S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 24th - Friday 30th August 2013, incl.

IMG_2675_zpsc4d16788.jpg

Schick Type B (NOS) & Schick vintage (#1)
Semogue Caravella LE (#33/100)
Pre de Provence
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 After Shave (with bilberry and witch hazel)
Vaseline MenFace 'Hydrate & Soothe'
Jovoy Paris Rouge Assassin

Enjoy the weekend, boys!

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Soap Opera - Himalaya
Brush: Chubby 2 - 2 band super
Razor: DLC/Red Bronze Goliath XL

Haven't used this handle in a while and forgot how heavy and lovely it is! As for the soap, I put this in a draw ages ago and wrote it off as I couldn't seem to get a good lather. Turns out all it needed was a nice dense brush! I stand by my thoughts that Glycerin soaps don't suit me. BBS and irritation free though.

Arran Aromatics Driftwood soap
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor brush
Schick L1 injector
Schick Ultra Platinum blade
Arko Yagli Krem
Old Spice Original

After a nasty accident (several actually) with the Feather AC and Pro Super blade last week, this is the first time I have shaved since as the scabs have only just healed.
Having never used and injector before it took most of the first pass to get the angle right, after the third pass though I was left as near BBS as I ever have been. The L1 felt reasonably mild, but after getting the angle right it just worked so well and so easily I can see why people rate these injectors so highly.
I am really looking forward to my newly purchased J3 Golden 500 arriving as it is meant to be a little more aggressive (and I like that)

The Arran Aromatics soap smells fantastic, but doesn't perform quite as well as some of my others. It didn't allow the razor to glide quite as nicely as the MDC or Cella, but I have only used it a few times so I might just need to work with it a little more to get the best out of it.

All in all though a very nice shave to start the weekend off.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Feather Artist Club SS / Dorco
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
Martin de Candre Fougère
Proraso Green A/S
Penhaligons Extract of Limes Cologne

Things were gong well, then the lather turned red :icon_eek: First bit of claret I've spilt for a wee while

saturday's effort

Hot Shower
Proraso Preshave Cream
Vulfix 660 Pure Badger
Proraso Soap
EJ 89
Supermax Blade
Nivea ASB

Very nice indeed

Next shaves will be courtesy of a local barber on my holidays in Turkey! Cantwait.com

The Max Sommer is on lone from a friend in the states. very nice shaver i like the lengh of the blade and the grind. Cheers Jack.
Back to the Dubl Duck.. i didnt enjoy the edge last time so i now tryd it with a fresh edge, Wow. now i like this one alot, From Creep to Keeper :)

Friday Shave.

Razor: Estas 1286 Max Sommer
Brush: Neep Stonehandle Extra stuffed ST 26mm
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

DSC01283_zpsa88c8e2d.jpg

Saturday Shave.

Razor: Dubl Duck Special no1
Brush: Neep Tall T-shell imitation Deepmount Extra ST 26mm
Cream: GFT Coconut
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

DSC01285_zps523e5872.jpg

My holiday setup for the past week.
gfxKdyR.jpg

Ingram is working surprisingly well for me and the FS Pur-Tech is wonderfully soft.
The Aqua Velva is spiked with two menthol crystals so the shave is extra cool!

Saturday 24th August

SOTD24813_zps5b1c305e.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1930's NEW deluxe
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Lovely comfortable and fresh shave.

Brian

Saturday 08-24-13. MUSIC: Earth, Wind & Fire - The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44qLPC-e7NE[/video]

d02da9d0-d938-466e-8a3a-e0e4ccfe4e0d.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Feather all stainless - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Iberischa Sonne - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB JASÖN - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Saturday:

Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Semogue 2012 SE
FaTip Piccolo
Sputnik blade
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS

An afternoon shave before heading out for some refreshments. Great shave, Nanny's soap was spot on and the Sputnik in the FaTip is a great combo. BBS!

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Myers & Son 6/8"  hollow ground
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Cream: Taylor's Violets

A first-class shave before heading off to watch some weightlifting at the Bergson Cup, the highlight being Rebekah Tyler snatching 85 and jerking 110 at 65 bodyweight - and fourteen years old. A huge talent.

Back
Top Bottom