S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 24th - Friday 30th August 2013, incl.

Saturday:

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Pashana Bay rum
Cologne: Korres Saffron, Amber. Agarwood, and Cardomom

Total and long-lasting BBS: even now there's very little stubble to be felt. Terrific.

Kostantine, i have shaved with it four times so far. At the beginning it was a bit peculiar since i have not had any experience with kamissori style razors before. Now i am getting used it and it has moved up to my top five razors. In fact the small size, with regards to length , is very very good. However there is something that does not let me be frilled about it. I am trying to realize what it is. Maybe it is the new metal which i am not used maybe it is not as shave ready as it could be or just maybe needs a couple more shaves in order to get used to it. We will see. Most probably is the feeling of new metal because i have almost the same thoughts about my other Williams razor which is folding type.

Well today I have a meeting with someone that I have never met before (MALE) Business related so I wanted to show willing, and move forward with another blade razor combo for testing.
Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: Merkur 38C Barberpole
Blade: Feather
Cream: TOBS Sandlewood
Brush: German Silver tip
ASB: Pecksniff's
A/S TOBS A Superb Gentlemans

Yesterday I organized the blade collection into two lots boxed and singles I had been meaning to do this for a quite a while but not gotten round to it.

I had a couple of days growth and whilst organizing the blades decided on a feather for the 38c and a posilver for the EJ89.

The result is top top top class a super super BBS, knowing the reputation of the feather from reading on here I was careful but not much slower than normal.

Now how many shaves will I get from the feather before it goes off? Another 2 like today's and I will be over the moon and back.

This is without a doubt my best shave to date and by quite a margin, a very pleasant feeling.

Turkish no. 6
Fatboy on 9
Polsilver SI
Arran Aromatics Driftwood shaving soap
Floid Blue a/s

The soap's lather moved around my face. It was OK but could have been better. Razor and blade very good.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, Nanny's soft soap - Tea Tree & Aloe Vera
Merkur Progress (#3), Perma-sharp (1)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

Delightful Sunday shave. Two days growth... Progress dialled-up half-a-notch... lovely soap bludgeoned into a monster foam by the Tubby 1... what could possibly go wrong?
I sometimes find a brand new Perma-sharp a bit nicky... but not today

Gillette New 77 or 88
Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre scented
Nivea Sensitive balm
Serge Lutens Chergui edp

Back home very late last night and a first DE shave in a fortnight this morning. Acceptable. I didn't think much of the Astra SS or the Nivea balm, mind you.

Sunday 25th August

Brush: Omega 10065
Cream: Erasmic Old (thanks to Avnish)
Razor: Schick L type (thanks to Erwin)
Blade: Personna

Wonderful shave today. First use of the injector and it was truly excellent. It felt like using a cartridge again in a way, and the result was a BBS shave after 2 ATG passes. I thought it might be difficult to go ATG but it was fine, and my face is very smooth and soft. Probably the closest shave I've had in a long time. I did have more days growth which always results in a better shave, but none the less I'm impressed.

The erasmic was superb too. A great, thick and protective lather, I should have used a touch more water though, but still it was very good. This brush is the first brush I bought and using it again I do wonder why I bought any others. It will be used more often in the future I can assure you.

Well, one injector shave down, I can't wait for the next. This will lead to more purchases :(

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: MWF
Razor: CJB Kamisori
Brush: Kent H8
Bowl: Steve Woodhead bespoke
Post shave: Limes skin food
After shave: Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes

Loving the Kamisori, even getting used to it around the chin.

[attachment=8360]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377429278.360763.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377429278.360763.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 26
Sunday, 25.viii.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
vintage Semogue 650 Silvertip
Musgo Real Oak Moss
Merkur 43c
Croma Diamant
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Mennen Green Tonic ASL

P1070772.jpg

Have a great week, gentlemen!

NotTheStig said:
Turkish no. 6
Fatboy on 9
Polsilver SI
Arran Aromatics Driftwood shaving soap
Floid Blue a/s

The soap's lather moved around my face. It was OK but could have been better. Razor and blade very good.

What did you feel about the soap, apart from it moving about your face? Can't say I had any problem in that regard. For me it could be a little more slippery but not too bad. How does it compare to the Bay Citrus and what did you think of the scent?

Sunday 08-25-13. MUSIC: Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill (1972).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGG7mzdG9w[/video]

664df6d2-c716-4acb-aac2-83065366e8c3.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream vintage Proraso with lanolin - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Proraso - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Back
Top Bottom