S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 12th July - Friday 18th July 2014, incl.

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix bodger
Erasmic
WHazel
Nivea Balm
Aquatonic

Flippin eck...erasmic lathered superbly....pound for pound the best cream? Palmolive or Real Shaving Company could might have something to say regards that.

Wednesday

Noxzema
iKon Slant
Gillette 7 o'clock Black
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

I was running really late this morning so out with the Noxzema. The shave took about 5 minutes, as ever for work all I needed was a WTG and ATG for a very good result. The slant is great for an efficient shave.

Soap: How to Grow a Moustache "Eh+" Synergy 2.0 Limited Edition
Brush: Simpson Emperor E3 Truefitt & Hill in Silvertip
Razor: Thiers Issard 69 Veritable Special 5/8
AS: Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
EDT: Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Wednesday 16th July 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8ths
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

My second straight razor shave this morning and I took a different approach, a firmer touch and generally much more bold. The result was a closer shave with a little less tugging but at the expense of some collateral damage in the form of a nick on the chin and septum and my problem mole took yet another hit! I had to resort to the Styptic Stick.

Notwithstanding the facial damage a better shave than yesterday, I think tomorrow I will have to have a healing day and use something gentler like the OCMM with a rusty blade!:icon_rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0510.JPG

Prep : cold water and Proraso Sensitive pre shave cream
Brush : Muhle Black fibre
Soap : Arko sensitive cream
Razor : Merkur Progress set on 3
Blade: Personna platinum chrome

Really great two pass shave with touch up.
Wish the progress had a bit more grip though miss the knurling of the Braveheart handle.
If they only made a grippy progress. ...

Have a good Wednesday

Paul

Been rocking it out with the Empire!

Pre: Wright Coal Tar Soap
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: TOBS Pure Badger
Razor: Wilkinson Empire (not sure which exact model).
Blade: Modified Gem

Loving this beast, not quite as smooth as a 1912, dam close though and I'm getting used to the head heavy balance slowly but surely :)

Kent soap
Vulfix Bodger
Sensor Excel
Aqua Velva

An impromptu late night and few drinks with visitors left me a bit groggy this morning so decided to use a cart for the 1st time in months. BBS and zero irritation, plus a bit quicker and less concentration required. What's not to like. Just wish they sold the original Sensor carts in supermarkets as I could do without the lube strip on the Excel carts.

Wednesday

Morning, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (11)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Hard Soap, coconut samole
Aftershave: Mitre
Cologne: Professor Blighty's Spanish Lime

A seriously good shave, BBS and irritation-free.

Face wash with Pears soap
Mergress / vintage Perma-sharp
Morris & Forndran XL1
Martin de Candre Original
Witch Hazel
Diptyque Philosykos

Mmmm - Ice cream

cella
merkur 43
astra (9)
tsr brush
speick a/s

really close shave - i don't remember this razor being so aggressive maybe it's because the blade was on it's 9th run out? the weight of the razor was a surprise also - i really didn't want to drop it - the sink would shatter! will try the razor again for my next shave with a new blade just to make sure.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Grandstaff Holy Smokes
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: ATT R2 Kronos
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
After: Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS, Nivea ASB

Received this soap just yesterday so this must be the first review of it on these here forums (since this soap recipe has only just been created.)
I'd had another of Grandstaff's soap before so I was expecting something similar. I reckon I loaded too much as I had heaps of lather. Very easy to create a rich lather and superb performance, really creamy and thick, buttery even.
The scent is difficult to describe; a definite touch of tobacco but also sweet, kind of citrusy and I could sense the vanilla in there too. Not an overpowering scent but a constant pleasure.
End result reminded me of Stirling in that the skin feels oiled and moisturized.

Now the negative: my face did feel a little flushed after applying the lather for 10 minutes so I'm thinking I might be reacting to something in there. I kind of have a similar reaction to TOBS sometimes but not from any other soap. The redness faded after half an hour and wasn't uncomfortable so wasn't a problem. I'll have to use this soap some more to make be sure.

Anyway, it's grapefruit flavour tomorrow, another new variety to try :)

Have a great day folks.

STOD20140716_zps9f52dd9b.jpg

02Tiht8.jpg

#21 Aristocrat
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
TOBS Avocado
Muhle 21 mm Synthetic Silvertip
Brut AS
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin Balm

Had a long weekend away at the folks' where I was using my wee stash - not a bad setup, but definitely not "luxury". I came home yesterday to a tub of TOBS avocado that I traded with a guy in the Netherlands - a very nice smelling cream that I'd imagine would be liked by anyone that also enjoys Maca Root or Irisch Moos.

The shave was quite rough though and I'm putting this down to the blade - after 2 uses and then lying for over a week I think it had lost its edge.

Forgot to picture the Prof's balm again, but I am loving this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom