S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 12th July - Friday 18th July 2014, incl.

imagejpg2_zps11d23c87.jpg

New Chestnut 20mm finest badger brush
Touron Parisot 6/8 ivory
MWF.

Great shave

dodgy said:
joe mcclaine said:
Tache is looking awesome. Longer than it's ever been.

Man, I cant begin to visualize having a substantial moustache on my face. Went through that phase long ago and I still remember what a pain those were. Heh, I have some pics somewhere of me with my Fu Manchu style from 1968. Was wearing a gold mohair Nehru jacket in that one. It was boss.

Martin

Oh! dodgy sir, dig those old photos out and post, pretty pretty please!

DSC06225.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
NSS Citrus Zinger (Original)
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Tabac Aftershave Lotion

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

I really wanted this to be good ...

The razor is, I think, the first of what we'd call cartridge razors. The set I got was mint and unopened. I had to, after all I bought it to shave with.

The shave was not bad, but it was not good. Not especially close and put out a few weepers which I didn't feel while shaving. It did the job, as in shaved me, but it was not altogether great ... and I did have high hopes.

Alum wash proved it was a bit rough, sadly. The aftershave stung, but who can hate Tabac for that, eh? I had to have a second helping after a couple of minutes.

Friday morning:

Feather Artist Club SS & Feather professional blades
Vie-Long, Horse & Boar, Men's Only Forum Special Edition 2014.
Stirling, Sharp Dressed Man, soap
Bowl Lather
Aqua Velva (Williams)
Davidoff Cool Water EdT

SOTD-2014-07-18-Copy_zps8ea57a91.jpg

Gillette Aristocrat #16
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Thäter 4125/1 2-band
La Toja cream, Classic
Mennen Skin Bracer

Skin Bracer is spot on for value. Good hit of menthol, skin feels good, powdery barbershop scent.

Greetings

Friday 18th July 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8ths
Strop: Neil Miller
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

My third straight shave and a further slight improvement in terms of finish, still however a pink lather shave, though thankfully my mole missed this mornings onslaught!

I did have a go against the grain this morning and found it pulled like hell and at times the razor came to a dead stop trapped against the short spiky protrusions of stubble like a car up against a traffic bollard where only the buses are meant to go!

In terms of closeness I would rate todays shave as similar to a single pass with an OCMM; good enough in fact that if a stunning twenty five year old West African model invited me out for lunch I feel I would not need a further shave! (I fantasise more as I get older!):icon_lol:

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0516.JPG

BoOA0ko.jpg

GEM Clog Pruf
GEM PTFE (2)
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Southsea Spray
Vulfix 404 "Bodger"
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin Balm

Here's another blade I shouldn't have used after leaving lying for a week - pretty rough.

Back
Top Bottom