S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 12th July - Friday 18th July 2014, incl.

fancontroller said:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Santa Maria Novella pre-shave
Soap: Santa Maria Novella
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: ATT R2 Kronos
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
After: SMN Pomegranate AS, Limes Skin Food

I reckon this soap tub may have a false bottom it's so tall. Even so at 220ml that's a lot of soap. In fact I'd say it's the most comfortable tub to load with; sits right in the palm and holding fingers don't get in the way.
This is now one of my favourite soaps. Milky, creamy with a smoky tobacco scent; a bit like walking into a room of old furniture in a stately home. There's also a touch of menthol to lighten the mood; so a bit like walking into a room of old furniture in a stately home sucking a mint.
If you're ever in Florence don't miss this one sold in the SMN pharmacy; a marvel to visit even if you don't buy.

Results: Luxurious BBS.

SOTD20140715_zpsacac2d81.jpg

Me at the Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy checkout.
SMNPharmacy_zpsfa5fed9b.jpg

I agree with you about the soap, it's one of my all time favourites. If you are ever in London SMN have a small boutique in Piccadilly Arcade, they sell all of the shaving products and colognes.

Pre: 4MEN shave oil (travel size)
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: MÜHLE STF Travel
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Personna platinum (1)

Travelling shave. First time with the MÜHLE brush. A little small for face-lathering, but a perfect travelling companion. Background is of the Kaiserslautern region of Germany.
IMG_20140715_160941.jpg

Tuesday 07-15-14. MUSIC: Ray Charles - The Very Best of Ray Charles.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbliNjxAEwg[/video]

96ca26ad-1ee8-4082-94a9-625934470a63_zpsb842f9a2.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep extra silvertip 26X50 - Edwin Jagger DE86RC - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nº53 - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Cold water splash
Martin de Candre Unscented
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M2 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer

Close and comfortable... can't ask for more!

Razor: Henckels Friodur n17 Pair
Brush: Mr.M Tall HWM 24mm
Oil: TOBS
Cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Todays shave was Smooth and nice.
Razor's finished on Ozuku Asagi.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3bnJOVlwaM&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA&index=1[/video]​

Tuesday

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (10)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Kell's Hemp and Aloe, Energy
Aftershave: Homemade Kölnisch Wasser splash
Cologne: James Bronnley

Very nice.

... after a fun shave yesterday going back to where I started, I thought it right to go with my second razor: the Muhle R89 (on a Merkur long handle).

DSC06213.JPG

Billy Jealousy White Knight
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Pure Badger 23mm
Muhle R89 - Bic Chrome [3]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Shower
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Again, two highly regimented passes. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between the Merkur and the Muhle.

Good enough ...

Mr.Magnus said:
Razor: Henckels Friodur n17 Pair
Brush: Mr.M Tall HWM 24mm
Oil: TOBS
Cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Todays shave was Smooth and nice.
Razor's finished on Ozuku Asagi.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3bnJOVlwaM&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA&index=1[/video]​

Great shave, great video good tunes well done Mr M

T&H 1805 cream, face lathered
TOBS Pure Badger
Ever Ready 1912
Gem (1)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Williams Aqua Velva

Been a while since I used an SE razor. Effortless shave. Barely even felt the alum sting afterwards.

Norfolkdick said:
A whole new experience for me, my first shave with a straight razor and after ten seconds it was blindingly apparent to me that I am not a straight razor natural or prodigy!

My overall impression is that I found it more difficult than I thought I would, but I am still very happy with this first amateurish effort.

I would like to think that with enough practice I will eventually make a fist of it! I won't be unhappy or surprised if the time scale is lengthy.

You'll be half as bad next time, same again the next ... and before you know it, you'll be able to get an even and good standard shave. That's about where I'm at. It feels unnatural for me, too, but I get on a LOT better with a Kamisori-style and would say I'm actually quite good with that style. Maybe it's the shorter blade?

Prep: Hot shower plus face wash with Creightons Amber soap
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Tabac stick
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Derby Extra (3)
AS:Witch Hazel
ASB: Fonex Infinity

2 passes and a DFS
Can't go wrong with the Tabac soap, just wish the 1800 will hold lather for more than 1.5 passes but easy enough to rub the stick again for the second pass.

Back
Top Bottom