S.O.T.D. w/c Sat. 4th January - Friday 10th January 2014, incl.

First travel for the restored Ever-Ready 500 PBCC brush. Next to the dam.
20140106.jpg

Dr Dulcamara said:
First travel for the restored Ever-Ready 500 PBCC brush. Next to the dam.
My goodness Dr D, where are you? I think I see ski lifts, but that building looks like a government institute....

Happy New Brushes, by the way....

Jon

Ha ha, I'm at Vall de Nuria www.valldenuria.cat It's in the catalan Pyrenees. Surrounded by mountains almost three thousand meters. There are no cars here. Only be reached on foot or by cog railway. The building is a hotel and apartments, plus a shrine and pilgrimage center. It is a mountain station. Winter and summer sports. There is a small dam that is frost now.

Nuria%2520Invierno.jpg

Webcam (actual)
nuriabarques.jpg

I am staying at the Youth Hostel Pic de l'Aliga, separated from the main buildings, more altitude, 2120 meters. Reached by cable cabin.

aliga.jpg

P4290004.JPG

Pics are not mine, nor of these days.

Monday

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
Aftershave: I Coloniali Ebano Ebano

No complaints here.

Razor: Razolution twin blade DE
Blades: Feather x2 (2).
Brush: Simpson's TSN LE P8.
Pre: Myrsol Emulsion.
Cream: Xpec.
Aftershave: Swiss Pitralon.
Aftershave balm: Simpson's.
EdT: C&S No.88.

[attachment=9268]

Still haven't quite got the hang of this razor. First impression of the brush is that I like like it a lot. :)

Morris & Forndran Chief Blonde Badger
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Muehle R89 Jet
Perma-Sharp Super
Weleda Aftershave Balm

Monday 6th January

SOTD6114_zps0ebbeeb0.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Lavender cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger
Gillette Aristocrat 16
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

A really pleasant comfortable shave today with the Aristocrat and Polsilver a good pairing.

Cold water splash
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Myrsol Emulsion

Excellent 3-pass shave with my favourite blade/razor combo.

Warm shower
Proraso pre, menthol
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Cella
Digress HD, Rapira Swedish (3)
Cold splash
Proraso AS balm

Thought I'd give the Muhle synthetic a rest today. The Simpson works really well with Cella and now I really appreciate the difference between badger and synthetic (at least, this particular badger and this particular synthetic)... but I still like them both!
Used the Proraso AS balm, rather than the AS cream I've been using... no real difference, but the balm has a lovely Aloe-based scent... might stick to this once I've used up my current supplies.
Very nice shace overall.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Le Pere Lucien (failed), then Cream: TOBS "Eton College"
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2-band "Blonde Badger", Style-1/3
Razor: E&J DE89 w/iKon handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
AS: P&G Old Spice "original" followed by Village Barber balm

Test lathers with Le Pere Lucien sample were optimistic, but a "live fire" this morning failed miserably. Built what looked like a decent thick lather but it quickly collapsed/dissipated on my face and dried out, so added more water and that quickly turned into some weird proto-lather with no volume. Washed it all off and cleaned the brush/bowl and started over with the TOBS, no problems at all.

Monday, January VI

Razor: English Gillette New
Blade: Rapira Swede
Brush: Carved Beech 24mm 2-Band
Cream: Ingram
AS: Barbershop Bay Rum
EdT: AA Bay Citrus

After two lazy days, it was great to whack the whiskers with the New. Minimal fuss, nearly maximum result and I look and feel human again.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Le Pere Lucien (failed), then Cream: TOBS "Eton College"
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2-band "Blonde Badger", Style-1/3
Razor: E&J DE89 w/iKon handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
AS: P&G Old Spice "original" followed by Village Barber balm

Test lathers with Le Pere Lucien sample were optimistic, but a "live fire" this morning failed miserably. Built what looked like a decent thick lather but it quickly collapsed/dissipated on my face and dried out, so added more water and that quickly turned into some weird proto-lather with no volume. Washed it all off and cleaned the brush/bowl and started over with the TOBS, no problems at all.

How large was the LPL sample? I thought it was great stuff... top 5 performer.

jb74 said:
Mr_Smartepants said:

How large was the LPL sample? I thought it was great stuff... top 5 performer.
It's a good sized sample. About 2 inches round and 1/4 inch thick. I'll try with some distilled water instead of tap water.

Back
Top Bottom