S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st August - Friday 6th September 2013

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: Aristocrat #21
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Skin Bracer

Another lovely smooth shave, i'm not sure if i prefer the #16 or #21, both very smooth shavers!

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Fatboy (6)

Haven't shaved for over a week not sure why just haven't quite got round to it. It was very therapeutic despite my morning grogginess. I forgot just how good this brush is, had a great scrub and face lather and fat boy performed admirably.

Early Tee off today as 3 of our 4 have other things to do this afternoon.

So last evening I had a hunt about and found a Gillette Fusion and cartridge some gloop in a can.

Two very fast aggressive passes XTG and ATG first thing this morning and I'm good to go. Very acceptable result but absolutely no pleasure in the shave at all.

Greetings

Thursday 5th September 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop (Runner Guard Model)
Blade: Feather Stainless SE
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really nice shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04590.JPG

Thursday v September, 2013

Good morning, gents.

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de provence Shea butter
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur-Tech synthetic
Soap: NOS Old Spice shave stick
Razor: Digress LD
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel #3
Fragrance: Shulton NOS Old Spice ASL

Result: Not bad, losing some faith in the Rapira Swedish Supersteel. I'm going to bang in a Polsilver Stainless or possibly a Gillette 7 O'clock sharp tomorrow and see what occurs.

Jon

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Progress @2.5,2,1.5
Blade: Polsilver SS (3)
After: WH, Proraso AS, Limes Skin Food

I think in the past I'd been a bit too harsh on Nanny's Silly Soaps. This "Down Home Summer" soft soap is amazing, the thing to watch (in hard water areas) is that enough of the product is used, for me a healthy almond size. The lather is rich, slick and provides good glide and protection. During and post shave the deep scent of Vetyver stays with you.
After finishing my skin feels nicely conditioned.

A very satisfying shave, almost BBS; I blame the Polsilver blade for the "almost" part. I'll use up the rest of my stock but IMO it doesn't match the Rapira SS and Sputnik blades.

SOTD20130905_zps6f6a0bd8.jpg

Thursday,

Hot shower, shampoo beard
2/3rds my usual helping of Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera soap plus 1/3rd usual helping of Body Shop macca root shave cream - lather explosion...
MenU Bristle brush
EJ DE89
Astra SP (4)
3 pass - with across with
Cold splash
Alum
Body Shop White musk A/S balm

Didn't sting so much today but still feeling a little hot, 5th shave with this blade. Mixed soaps for a wonderful lather explosion :) not closest shave but an acceptable one that aggravates less with these blades.

Wednesday evening

Prep : Clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Ikon Deluxe OC
Blade : Gillete Silver Blue
Brush : Kent BLK12
Soap : Tabac
Post shave : Freezing cold flannel and Proraso AS

Wow what a combo the Kent and the Tabac were - loads of lather, still a shedload left in the brush after 3 passes as well. The Kent is just so much easier to lather up than the Chubby.

Third shave with the Gilete Silver Blue, satrting to tug a little on the third pass so 3 shaves and out. Have to sau shaves 1 & 2 were excellent with this blade and the third was very good. Got the pack as a freebie with the Ikon razor and have to say they are a nice combo. May get some GSB in bulk. Have to try the blade in the Progress first though.

Thursday:

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: iKon OC
Blade: Sputnik (6)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Palmolive
A/S: Brut
Cologne: Brut

Prep: Cold water
Soap: Speick (grated)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
EdT: D R Harris Windsor

Decided to compare Super Iridium to Polsilver SI in back-to-back shaves. Can't say I noticed much difference, if any. Both smooth, irritation-free and close shaves. Excellent blades!

Thursday:

Nanny's French Lavenderhard soap
Semogue SOC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Witch Hazel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Lovely job, nice and smooth.

Thursday 09-05-13. MUSIC: Ramones - Rocket To Russia (1977).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdA5BqrNb4A[/video]

64d12ab9-0fc0-4520-819e-92e053384cf8.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Haslinger honey - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe CGR - ASL Mennen Green Tonic.

Back
Top Bottom