S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st August - Friday 6th September 2013

Friday.

Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide*
Semogue 620 Boar Brush
Mama Bear's Unscented Shaving Soap

*Have used this razor all week, and I have no complaints.

Ian

20130906.jpg

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Rapira
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech 28mm
Proraso Blue cream
Proraso Green A/S

Some days all the planets align, you know the ones where the whiskers just melt away and its all just a perfect shaving experience - well today wasn't one of those days :(

Friday 09-06-13. MUSIC: Barry White's Greatest Hits.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l77dfRVVFUI[/video]

0bcc3bac-6042-4a85-bd8c-e6a173f933b4.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Feather all stainless - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Morris & Forndran sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB GFT Skin Food sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens sandalwood.

Prep: Cold water
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
EdT: Lalique Homage a l'Homme

Weeper in need of styptic pencil, otherwise a very acceptable shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semouge 610
Razor: EJ89 with Wave handle
Blade: Lab Blue (1) (may well put the other 98 up for trade, not that great for me)

Not bad, not great, a meh sort of shave!

I have been taking a product tour of the high end British shaving soap/cream companies lately, today I get to add D.R. Harris to the list. I just got a puck of Arlington in the mail thanks to a deal that I managed to work out with a member of another forum. The puck came in a blank Proraso green tub, which I thought was an interesting reuse of a container. My first instinct was to remove it and place it in a wooden bowl, but the puck fit so nicely in the empty Proraso tub that I just left it. I really like the way Proraso's tubs can use their tops as a base, so I'll probably leave it where it is permanently and make a nice label for it.

I've smelled Arlington before, but this is my first time using it. I decided to face lather, which means that one of my synthetics gets to come out to play--today it's the Every Man Jack. I skipped yesterday's shave so that I could get a nice smooth disposable blade straight razor shave today, I love my DBSRs, but they're not really "every day" sorts of razors. More or less at random I chose the Sanguine SLiCKE for today and loaded a Wilkinson-Sword blade into it. I'm also using some Shave Secret as a preshave oil and some T.N. Dickinson post shave to ensure a nice smooth result.

Two and a half passes, wtg/atg and another wtg pass on my neck to clean up, delivered me a BBS shave with zero nicks and zero irritation. The Arlington lathers beautifully and provides a nice slick surface. The scent mixed extremely well with the Shave Secret and even continues to linger pleasantly in the background. This was a picture perfect DBSR shave; as close and effective as a traditional straight without all of the time consuming stropping, oiling, and clean up. I like my traditional straights, but I love my DBSRs.

Pre: Hot shower, warm water splash, and Shave Secret
Razor: Sanguine SLiCKE
Blade: Wilkinson-Sword
Brush: EMJ synthetic
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

are7a8u6.jpg

Friday:

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: iKon OC
Blade: Sputnik (7)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Super Max
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Andy Warhol

Very good end of the week shave.

Friday 6th September

Brush: Omega 98
Soap: Lea stick, grated, face lathered
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (7)
Post: Witch Hazel, Sierran Breeze, RSC Post Shave Soothing Balm.

A very good shave. The brush made an incredible amount of very slick and protective lather. The injector is becoming a favourite more and more every time I use it. So glad that I took the plunge now, and may be looking to move up in the injector world soon. I think that's it for this blade, as it felt a bit rough in places, but at 7 shaves I can't complain. Very happy indeed with this shave.

Razor: Fatboy set to 9
Blade: 7 o'clock
Brush: Vintage French Badger
Soap: La Toja
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

My first and only DE razor. first DE shave ever. not very impressed. might be the blades. im gonna pick up the feather blades and if that dosent give me a closer shave im done with DE :D.

DSC01425_zps95890ffa.jpg

i also picked up this vintage razor stand from france this week :)
perfect for my MK razors

DSC01428_zps3d9194b2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom