S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st August - Friday 6th September 2013

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Simpsons Tulip T1
Martin de Candre Fougère
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

A great effort today and smelling sweet.

Greetings

Saturday 31st August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

After a false start with a duff blade, a wonderful close shave, after yesterdays ultra mild shave the OCMM really proved itself as the 'King' of safety razors.

Regarding yesterdays shave with the Contour II, GEM's last and mildest shaving razor, although I had a good shave at the time my 5 O'clock shadow appeared at 2 pm!

Regards
Dick.
P.S. York Neil if you are reading this your mailbox is full, my PM to you bounced back!

DSC04564.JPG

Well this morning was another try with the Futur and I played with the numbers. Different cream and used 4 3 2 settings result BBS with the tiniest of nick under the nose. A very clean smooth shave.

Proraso pre
Mama Bear's Lime
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Schick Hydro-Magic
Chinese Schick blade
Arran Aromatics post shave balm
Old Spice AS
Arran Aromatics EDT (couple of hours after shave)

Nice clean shave, but I am not too sure on the post shave balm yet. Smells nice but doesn't really feel like it is doing too much for the skin. But then it is the first time for the Mama Bear's so it could be that as well.
All in all a good shave.

Saturday 08-31-13. MUSIC: Joy Division - Substance.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPgVk7Wh2I[/video]

4a6c0490-0d6b-48c2-9030-96111fe4d89c.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Musgo Real - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Musgo Real.

Saturday:

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: iKon OC
Blade: Sputnik (1)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Erasmic
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

Very good start to the new shave week. The iKon feels always feels so mild on my face that I'm tempted to go over the skin many times (I don't), but I finished with an accidental BBS and no irritation.

Gillette Guard
Imperial Leather shaving stick grated into a bowl with leather fragrance oil added
Groomed balm (lovely cooling sensation)
Edwin Jagger boar

Nice shave (my first with a Gillette Guard). There was only twenty hours of stubble but it cut through it easily although I didn't get bbs. I'm optimistic this razor will be worth keeping.

Prep: Cold water
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Super Iridium (1)
EdT: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Very comfortable, close shave. All the stars aligned :)

Saturday 31st August

SOTD31813_zpsb2bb6ade.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Trumpers coconut hard soap bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette 1920 Big fellow
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Very nice set up, a fine shave today. 3 shaves for the Sputnik and out, I have a different razor and a new blade set up for tomorrows shave.

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap - Cedarwood & Vetyver
Feather AS-D2, Rapira SS (2)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

Very pleasant overall... and left me with a very fresh Saturday afternoon feeling (???)
If I hadn't been a touch heavy-handed on my lower neck this shave could have been one of the greats. Golden rule: can't go directly AGT on the lower neck... but every now and then I have to try!

Back
Top Bottom