Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Real Shaving Co. cream
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Sputnik (2)
After: Proraso AS, Bluebeard's Revenge AB

The RSC cream has been at the back of the cupboard for a while so this Soap of the Week was a good opportunity to give it use.

The cream is very easy to use but I found it bit thin and lacking against the wee beastie Fatip. I think I should have used more cream in the mixture. Anyway I'll be using the Fatip tomorrow so I'll try and improve that situation then.
I'm really liking my new Proraso AS, kind of traditional barbershop scent.

Result DFS but with a little irritation on the neck but no complaints really.

SOTD20130901_zps07533e5b.jpg

Sunday:

RSC cream (cream of the week)
New Forest Tubby 2
Aristocrat Junior
Voskhod
DR Harris Windsor AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Dug the RSC cream out of the back of the stash and worked up an extremely nice lather with the Tubby 2. Nice shave, the RSC is good, I really should use it more often. I can put that right this week.

Jolly good!

Sunday:

Afternoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: iKon OC
Blade: Sputnik (2)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
A/S: Homemade Kölnisch Wasser splash
Cologne: Bronnley's EdT

Easy and smooth shave.

Sunday 09-01-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Heathen (2002).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA1Pp2DVMw8[/video]

84e0ddc7-85ad-4941-be26-ed02144a6a91.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Lavanda Ach. Brito - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Castle Forbes Lavender - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
'Webly'/Feather
Surrey SS ( old tallow version pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT

Tried out a new to me Stahly head today, stuck on the usual Weber handle. Just perfect.

BBS results,

Martin

Dr Dulcamara said:
Dr Dulcamara said:

Martini, do you like my KRECT "Spiral Curve"? Now another thing probably you want to have. From 1935. Portland, Oregon.

Ahhhh, thanks for thinking of me, Good Doctor,

Alwyas nice having you around to tell me what else I need when it comes to shaving crap. Very helpful of you.......sheeesh.

So I might want one of those razors if I knew what the hell it shaves like. What did you think?

Oregon is home to Benchmade Knives. Here's a pic of one called 'The Spike'. Hah, nice color eh?
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/perado/Knives/DSC00291.jpg

Martino

Sunday 1st September

SOTD1913_zps5763c32e.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Trumpers coconut hard soap bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's NEW 2 piece
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

A good clean shave from the NEW. This razor part of the 77 set was bought locally to me cheaply as it was caked in soap scum and lime scale. I spent some time with the Cillit bang and a small nylon brush getting this off and then a polish with some silver polish wadding. The clean up has brought it to near new easily the best of this type of razor I own. The case was damaged but I have a good case to make up the set.

Brian

Gillette Guard (second go)
Henk Dutch Moss shaving soap
Turkish no. 6
Floid Vigorosso

Like my first shave with the Guard yesterday, the bulk of the stubble is gone very easily in the first pass, then it's tricky to get really close. I managed a partial bbs after two more passes and touch-ups. I'll leave this razor for when I need a quick one-pass shave to look presentable

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
'Webly'/Feather
Surrey SS ( old tallow version pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT

Tried out a new to me Stahly head today, stuck on the usual Weber handle. Just perfect.

BBS results,

Martin

Dr Dulcamara said:
Dr Dulcamara said:

Martini, do you like my KRECT "Spiral Curve"? Now another thing probably you want to have. From 1935. Portland, Oregon.

Ahhhh, thanks for thinking of me, Good Doctor,

Alwyas nice having you around to tell me what else I need when it comes to shaving crap. Very helpful of you.......sheeesh.

So I might want one of those razors if I knew what the hell it shaves like. What did you think?

Oregon is home to Benchmade Knives. Here's a pic of one called 'The Spike'. Hah, nice color eh?
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/perado/Knives/DSC00291.jpg

Martino

Yes, nice color. Martino, you know my weakness. The KRECT shaves well, it is very smooth, but I think the german bakelite slant shaves better. We will see when I have the new iKon stainless slant, that is inspired on the old Mulcuto.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 11137, Cella
Feather AS-D2, Rapira SS (3)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

No complaints... a very nice shave.
I think the Omega is finally showing signs of being broken in. It now smells like a very well-groomed boar indeed... one that's been shaved with cella for a month or so. A few signs of some split ends amongst the bristle... still good fun to use though, but not time to cull the badgers just yet.

Back
Top Bottom