Razor / The General Aluminium
Blade / Schick proline (2)
Brush / Semogue owners club boar
Soap / Tabac
Post / Thayers cucumber , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / Old Spice original
View attachment 25616
DFS achieved, smooth with no irritation

First time I've used Tabac (I know can't believe it myself )
the soap produced a superb lather and I like the scent.
My new Tabac stick was a gift from Paul, AKA (@Blademonkey)
Thanks Paul, very generous indeed !! :)

HAVE A GOOD DAY FELLAS

Did you like the Proline in The General?

Wednesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - warm shower, Wright's Coal-tar soap.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Astra SP (Green) (day 2).
Soap - Proraso Shaving Cream (Green).
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - Proraso (Green) Aftershave Splash.

A fantastic three pass shave today, everything clicked into place. Felt guilty for not using the Proraso shaving cream for a while, (I appreciate that YMMV) - its great stuff, a stable part of my shaving stock.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD:30th May 2017.
View attachment 25612
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Palmolive 'Classic' (Grated) Shave Sticks.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (0)

Razor:Muhle R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Boots~Freshwood A/S.

Boots~Freshwood A/S Balm./Morrisons Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

Every shave of which i've had since i started DE shaving with palmolive shave sticks has never failed to provide a rich slick protective lather, and a wonderful post shave feeling to the face. Today was no exception..

My R89/Shark S.S. was another excellent duo,a wonderful mid-aggressive smooth performance,resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups silky shave with no errors to report yet again...

In the passed i've had a few weepers with the Shark SS blades, but since i started to hand strop them before shaving , it's taken off any hidden burrs.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
That looks a dam fine set-up!

Whether it constitutes alchemy or perversion I'll leave to others to figure out but the 1914/3M taped Feather AC creature gave one of the best head shaves I've had. LA Shaving Soap SM Bay Rum + Coates Lime = a nice Daquiri. Preshave oil back in the routine. Don't judge.
09bd7dcfe62a02eaf18f6ff4bccb627c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Whether it constitutes alchemy or perversion I'll leave to others to figure out but the 1914/3M taped Feather AC creature gave one of the best head shaves I've had. LA Shaving Soap SM Bay Rum + Coates Lime = a nice Daquiri. Preshave oil back in the routine. Don't judge.
09bd7dcfe62a02eaf18f6ff4bccb627c.jpg

If it works it's all good! :)

S.O.T.D -
Pre - The Real Shaving Co Daily Face Scrub
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Ladas Super Stainless
Brush - Semogue 1470
Cream - The Real Shaving Co Sensitive Shave Cream
Post - The Real Shaving Co Daily Post Shave Soothing Balm 20170530_154630 (2).jpg nice 2 pass shave today not much to take off after last nights shave but wanted to try the real shave co stuff , the face scrub was good not really a fan of scrubs but it was ok , the cream lathers up great and is real slick I did get a little sting from the post shave balm but it went quite quick the scent of all the products to me smells like grass or plants Iv smelt worse shaving products , for the price this is good stuff and I'm happy I got it to try - Have a Nice Day :D -
update since my shave earlier I did have to wash the balm off as it started to irritate my face and went a bit red and also the scent did start to make me feel sick not something I will use again I just had to wash my brush out to get rid of the smell of the cream ... ERRRRRRR LOL

Last edited:
Mon 30 May
Omega s10065 Syn
OSP Bay Rum
ES S/S Claymore - V1
Schick Proline .Type P [ 15 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Bay Rum Splash

Amazing that I have managed to get 15 top notch shaves with this Razor/ Blade combo, which still shows no sign of wavering. Just me , I feel the need for a change of Razor. So will see what tomorrow brings ! Well a trip to Gatwick at least, probably shave after.

Hectic today. Car now officially scrapped, got new printer and set it up to work wirelessly [instructions quite clear],fetched my wifes friend from the Station.Trying to book a restaurant and their systems down

IMG_1319.jpg

Tuesday AM 2017-05-30

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest #1 (24mm/54mm)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap
DE Ink Edition AS-D2/Abernathy Elk Antler
Wilkinson Light Brigade (10)
Acqua di Parma Colonia body cream as a balm + AdP EdC

An especially good shave this morning, despite the blade being on its tenth shave. I probably could push it to another few good shaves but have no reason to do so. The antler handle, at about 32g, feels very light and comfortable in my hand, and its texture provides a good grip even when wet. The body cream has a slight "Coppertone" suntan lotion scent, but it is unobtrusive, and the EdC masks it.
Iag6b97.jpg

Tues 30th May

EVOO
PAL Injectomatic (Blades from Connaught)
Simpson Colonel X2L
Ingram Lather Shave Cream
Quorum

First shave with the PAL, virtually brand new, still had the dummy placeholder blade in it.
Quick clean with a toothbrush and some soap, load with a new blade and off I went, found the angle in no time at all, just found it a bit light so with my hamfistedness I did end up throwing it about somewhat. I'm sure I'll refine the technique in time...
Brought out the Colonel X2L, not used it for a long while. Love the handle, forgot how good of a brush it is.

I've not posted here for last week or so due to a punishing work trip/schedule and lack of shaves. I am now back home and catching up on sleep.
My last shave was interesting not so much for the shave itself, but the location; a hotel room on the 44th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai, apparently the tallest hotel in the world. Impressive - the bathroom of my room was about the size of the entire hotel room in some other joints I've shacked up in.

Pre: Hot shower; Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger

Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Horror no-name twin blade disposable
Balm : Argo Neo Gold
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

A luggage mishap robbed me of the ability to access blades for my DE travel razor (Wilkie Sticky). What a shock to use a dodgy disposable razor - I'm usually armed with a half-decent unit like a Fusion to ease the pain somewhat. The tugging was savage, and to effectively remove stubble, I had to apply significant pressure and "dig in". Applying such technique with, for example, my ATT H2, would have every vampire within 100km flocking to my window.

The Kapo Fresh cream again performed well, and the Myrsol emulsion eased things a little and minimized post-shave irritation.
Most importantly, I was clean-shaven and refreshed before embarking on the long-haul flight home to Perth.

2017-05-26%2022.06.31_zpso3igegys.jpg

2017-05-26%2020.08.09_zpswpbch4rr.jpg

Would definitely be interested. Have dealt with Bruno frequently in the past and actually got a Caravella (along with many other brushes )from him.
Well I emailed Bruno.

Hi Bruno
I have spotted a Semogue with a synthetic knot on TSR in the UK. I would be
very interested. Are there any plans to put this into production?

Regards
Brian

Hi Brian,

That was a limited edition for the Portuguese forum and it's sold out by now, sorry.
Maybe someone will be willing to sell his.
Good luck.

Best regards

Bruno

I've not posted here for last week or so due to a punishing work trip/schedule and lack of shaves. I am now back home and catching up on sleep.
My last shave was interesting not so much for the shave itself, but the location; a hotel room on the 44th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai, apparently the tallest hotel in the world. Impressive - the bathroom of my room was about the size of the entire hotel room in some other joints I've shacked up in.

Pre: Hot shower; Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger

Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Horror no-name twin blade disposable
Balm : Argo Neo Gold
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

A luggage mishap robbed me of the ability to access blades for my DE travel razor (Wilkie Sticky). What a shock to use a dodgy disposable razor - I'm usually armed with a half-decent unit like a Fusion to ease the pain somewhat. The tugging was savage, and to effectively remove stubble, I had to apply significant pressure and "dig in". Applying such technique with, for example, my ATT H2, would have every vampire within 100km flocking to my window.

The Kapo Fresh cream again performed well, and the Myrsol emulsion eased things a little and minimized post-shave irritation.
Most importantly, I was clean-shaven and refreshed before embarking on the long-haul flight home to Perth.

2017-05-26%2022.06.31_zpso3igegys.jpg

2017-05-26%2020.08.09_zpswpbch4rr.jpg
This bathroom looks the biz, would make an awesome shave den! The counter goes on for miles!

Tuesday 30th May 2017
SOTD 30th May.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C #4 plate
Blade: Rockwell Swedish Stainless Steel (#1)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Aloe Vera
AS: Nivea Replenishing Balm

The last three shaves with the Rockwell 6C were all using an Astra SP blade and apart from plate 2 being a mid too mild, plates 4 and 5 were very good. I decided to give one of the Rockwell blades a try, I can confirm that Rockwell make a better razor than they do a razor blade.

Not the worst blade I have tried, but certainly not one on a first try I find myself thinking this is one to use again. There was quite a bit of tugging on the first pass, the second and third passes definitely got better and the end result was OK but not as good as I achieved on plate 4 with an Astra SP. Not as close a finish but still no irritation, nicks or weepers etc. I think this is possibly due to the razor more than the blade. I am going to try this blade in another razor before I condemn them, and maybe try another from the pack just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom