S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

Pils Rasur • Cadman • Tabula Rasa

IMG_0258.JPG

First shave with the Pils. After shaving exclusively with the OneBlade for 2 months, the DE technique has to be trained a little. First impression on the Pils with a KAI blade is a pretty close shave, but not as smooth as the OneBlade. Time to practice some 'Old School technique' again :cool:

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Razor: Merkur Futur #3
Blade: Israeli Personna (#2)
Brush: Zenith B03-A26 Pure Bristle Shaving Brush
Cream: Ingram Shaving Cream
Post: Boots Witch Hazel with 5% Aloe Vera & 5% Chanel Egoiste added
AS: Billy In The Tree Argan Oil with Peppermint & Tea Tree

With the growth and across the growth on setting #3 and against the growth on #1.

Evening gentlemen.
The last of my new soap selection tried this evening, and unbelievably the first shave using a Rubie blade? Can't understand how I've not tried one before, but there it is.
So the razorock dead sea cream, huge glass jar, smells very good, but I can't pick up the cannabis or the saffron.
Very slick, easy to lather, long lasting, the aroma changes several times throughout the shave.
Now the Rubie, hmmm, maybe I had a dodgy one, or one can of Stella pre shave disabled my ability to shave without butchering myself! Great shave, but seven nicks! Really???
Oh well I smell nice. :)
Muhle r89
Gillette Rubie #1
Razorock dead sea soap
Executive shave pre oil
Atkinson's triple extract.
IMAG0637_1.jpg

I've not posted here for last week or so due to a punishing work trip/schedule and lack of shaves. I am now back home and catching up on sleep.
My last shave was interesting not so much for the shave itself, but the location; a hotel room on the 44th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai, apparently the tallest hotel in the world. Impressive - the bathroom of my room was about the size of the entire hotel room in some other joints I've shacked up in.

Pre: Hot shower; Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger

Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Horror no-name twin blade disposable
Balm : Argo Neo Gold
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

A luggage mishap robbed me of the ability to access blades for my DE travel razor (Wilkie Sticky). What a shock to use a dodgy disposable razor - I'm usually armed with a half-decent unit like a Fusion to ease the pain somewhat. The tugging was savage, and to effectively remove stubble, I had to apply significant pressure and "dig in". Applying such technique with, for example, my ATT H2, would have every vampire within 100km flocking to my window.

The Kapo Fresh cream again performed well, and the Myrsol emulsion eased things a little and minimized post-shave irritation.
Most importantly, I was clean-shaven and refreshed before embarking on the long-haul flight home to Perth.

2017-05-26%2022.06.31_zpso3igegys.jpg

2017-05-26%2020.08.09_zpswpbch4rr.jpg

Impressive indeed!

Wednesday

Proraso Preshave cream
Tabac Soap
Semogue 2000 brush
ES Claymore with a Feather Pro
Alum block
Unrefined Shea Butter
Clubman Special Reserve AS/Cologne

Ok shave today. Close....but a few weepers. I had suspected it was coming. A pity I have
so many of them...but the Feather pros are not a patch on the Superpros for me. I get about
5 decent shaves with a Pro and double that with the Superpro.

Greetings

Wednesday 31st May 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Muhle Synthetic small
Soap: Leftovers Mixture
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Guerlain Heritage (Vintage)

I have been away over the weekend and during my absence my son in law found this razor at our local car boot sale. It is a standard ER 1912 head but the Bakelite handle is not a shape I have ever seen before, the hexagonal and fluted handles are what are more usually seen in bakelite. This razor and a rough condition Gillette 'Old' British clone cost one pound so pretty good value!

Regards
Dick.

31.5.17.JPG

Last edited:
image.jpg S.O.T.D 31st May

Pre....Shower / BBA face wash
Razor.....Schick G3 1947
Blade....Schick #5
Soap....Tabac
Brush.....Cadman Bell TGN silver tip
Post...BBA post shave balm
EDC...Tabac

A very good shave from the G3 and my life time supply of Tabac, that's one big ass pot of soap! Left smooth and smelling good.

Enjoy your last day of May people.......:)

Razor // Colonial, The General
Blade // Schick Proline (3)
Brush // Semogue 620 Boar
Soap // Martin De Candre original (sample )
Post // Thayers Rose Petal , Dove ASB
A/S // Meissner Himalayan Heights
IMG_2750(1).jpg
Enjoyable two pass shave + a few little pick-ups around the lower neck.

Thanks to Rob @Blackmass for giving me the opportunity to try the MDC along with another few samples, cheers mate !
Although the MDC original doesn't have much of a scent it more than makes up for this with the wonderful lather it
provides and a little goes a long way.
After sampling the MDC, I'm now tempted to go out and rob a bank so that I can order this soap in either the fougere or vetiver.

HAVE A GOOD ONE FELLAS

Last edited:

Last night's shave:

Prep: Hot shower, L ‘Oreal charcoal face wash and Wickhams Magnum bath soap
Pre: Hot towel and King of shaves shave oil
Razor: ATT SE1 with Bamboo and Atlas handles
Razor blade: Feather Pro
Brush shavemac Two Band Snowman
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Grafton

The ATT SE1 is ANOTHER razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89 . As I'm sure most of you are aware I've been trying many of razors over the last few months looking for THE ONE. Well last night I think I just might have just found it. :hyper::dance::woot:

I'm sure you are all shocked and saying to yourselves ‘'surely the fussy bugger has found some fault with it?''.:rolleyes:
Well the only thing I wasn't a massive fan of was the Bamboo handle. It was OK but a little too long for my liking.

The first few strokes were a shock, as they usually are with Feather Pro's (rough and tuggy). My first thought was ‘‘Christ! This is supposed to mild!?''. After the first few strokes the blade smoothed out. After the first past I decided to swap the handle for the Atlas and things improved again, more responsive and easier to control. Great feedback and very efficient. The finished result was the best shave I've had for months. There was a fair amount of sting from the aftershave so I will need to improve my technique. The thing which really appeals to me is the efficient, cutting angle, blade feel it's all there and I think it will respond well to different blades.

I've used a couple of razors which have shaved as close as the SE1, including the Muhle R41 and Blackbird but they left me feeling tender. The only other razor which comes close is the ATT S2. I'm seriously thinking of selling most of my razors to buy the SE1. I was that impressed.

I would like to try the SE2 before I pull the trigger on the SE1 so……….Has anyone got a SE2 they wouldn't mind letting me borrow? I know I'm a cheeky git!:p:

Massive thank you to James who's advice and loan of his razors has been invaluable. :eek:kay::D

@Acer89 @Looney12345

Cheers
Rob

View: https://youtu.be/YXfnZ7HYD_k

Back
Top Bottom