S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

SOTD 20170530

hqm7MLB.jpg

Brush: J&T® apple / Cashmere synthetic 24 mm.
Shaving bowl: Epsilon.
Shaving cream: Weleda.
Razor: Gillette Pocket Edition Old Type (serial number A947893 == 1909).
Blade: Supermax Super Platinum (7).
After shave: Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

Razor / The General Aluminium
Blade / Schick proline (2)
Brush / Semogue owners club boar
Soap / Tabac
Post / Thayers cucumber , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / Old Spice original
IMG_2734.jpg
DFS achieved, smooth with no irritation

First time I've used Tabac (I know can't believe it myself )
the soap produced a superb lather and I like the scent.
My new Tabac stick was a gift from Paul, AKA (@Blademonkey)
Thanks Paul, very generous indeed !! :)

HAVE A GOOD DAY FELLAS

Razor / The General Aluminium
Blade / Schick proline (2)
Brush / Semogue owners club boar
Soap / Tabac
Post / Thayers cucumber , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / Old Spice original
View attachment 25616
DFS achieved, smooth with no irritation

First time I've used Tabac (I know can't believe it myself )
the soap produced a superb lather and I like the scent.
My new Tabac stick was a gift from Paul, AKA (@Blademonkey)
Thanks Paul, very generous indeed !! :)

HAVE A GOOD DAY FELLAS
I'm pleased you like it Pat :)

@Electrif - Arthur, this is actually a response to something you said last week but I thought it worth posting here in case it's of use to anyone else. You mentioned about the Speick stick not being available with a travel tube as Lea or La Toja. I knew I had seen just the very thing for sale a while back - possibly at Shaving.ie and went to check. If they did they don't now. On the other hand these people do - https://www.shaver.eu/en/shaving-soaps/speick-shaving-soap-stick-in-box-50g
A Swedish based site it seems. I'd not been aware of them before now. If I remember correctly Sweden is a full EU member so there shouldn't be any delivery problems if you are in the UK or the rest of Europe. Looks like a good price - I'm tempted myself, I've never used Speick but there seem to be plenty that rate it highly. Hope this helps - cheers - I
Thanks @Digimonkey, this must be a recent thing I've overlooked. It's a great tallow based soap, great scent, and it's pink :)

Is it cold, or is it just me?

IMG_4564.jpg

Someone (I'm looking at you @Useless shaver) put the idea in my head to have a brrrriliant shave today. Cold water, colder soap and the coldest a/s I own.

Started off with a recently-acquired Gillette Super-speed, but paired with a new blade (the brand escapes me) made for a pully, tuggy, uncomfortable beginning of a first pass. Regardless of angle, I just couldn't get it right. I cracked out the Futur copy, one of the titanium coated blades which came with it, chucked it on setting 4 and was away to go! Two passes later, I'm pretty smooth all round. The blade was surprisingly good in my eyes - obviously there's far sharper, smoother blades, but for someone starting out there's not a lot which can go wrong using one!

Finished up by using some of the remaining (bountiful) lather to coat my face and neck while I dried my Maseto and then hopped in a cold, cold shower. Dried up and splashed on a liberal quantity of Fine Snakebite which kicked me harder than a bucking mule...or two... I dabbed on a bit of Argan oil to give my skin a little nourishment after it's menthol bombardment!

Needless to say I'm feeling pretty chilly right now. Little bit of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (copy) has warmed me up considerably, however.

18812075_1757180171240766_6583071059489062912_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 10015
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (2)
Soap: Figaro Black Special Edition
Post: Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Nivea 2 Phase & Duru Mandalina Cologne

A very nice shave today, have a broken hot water tap so a cold shave after a warm shower and what a lovely shave too. Minor micro abrasions under my chin but nothing I would deem a cut. Maybe the best lather with the Figaro was very nice and creamy. I love the scent, pure citrus. Lovely start to the week.

I hadn't used Proraso soap for years - I enjoyed that. Got the best lather I can remember with it. Historically the Green version tended to dry my skin out and I favoured the Red sandalwood but that didn't happen today. Perhaps because the only failure in authenticity is that I used witch hazel and no allum - then it would have been the opposite.

30/05/17

Pre - RSC Facial Wash
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - DE89
Blade - Nacet (3)
Post Shave - Alum & Witch Hazel
After Shave - RSC Balm

After reading @Digimonkey's post, I used Proraso Green for today's shave. Whenever I use Proraso Green, I always get a nice lather and have an enjoyable shave (as was today) but I've never really taken to it for whatever reasons but I can see myself using it more now the summer months are here.

First time using the RSC balm today, reminds me a lot of the Nivea one but at a fraction of the price.

Is it cold, or is it just me?

IMG_4564.jpg

Someone (I'm looking at you @Useless shaver) put the idea in my head to have a brrrriliant shave today. Cold water, colder soap and the coldest a/s I own.

Started off with a recently-acquired Gillette Super-speed, but paired with a new blade (the brand escapes me) made for a pully, tuggy, uncomfortable beginning of a first pass. Regardless of angle, I just couldn't get it right. I cracked out the Futur copy, one of the titanium coated blades which came with it, chucked it on setting 4 and was away to go! Two passes later, I'm pretty smooth all round. The blade was surprisingly good in my eyes - obviously there's far sharper, smoother blades, but for someone starting out there's not a lot which can go wrong using one!

Finished up by using some of the remaining (bountiful) lather to coat my face and neck while I dried my Maseto and then hopped in a cold, cold shower. Dried up and splashed on a liberal quantity of Fine Snakebite which kicked me harder than a bucking mule...or two... I dabbed on a bit of Argan oil to give my skin a little nourishment after it's menthol bombardment!

Needless to say I'm feeling pretty chilly right now. Little bit of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (copy) has warmed me up considerably, however.

My congratulations, sir!:D

Now, of course, I NEED to try that soap... :rolleyes:

Tuesday 30th May
RazoRock Plissoft
D.R Harris Lavender stick (grated)
GEM Micromatic OC
GEM SSC #9
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
TezayoE.jpg

Got this soap as a stick a while ago in a trade. Unfortunately the label surrounding it wasn't waterproof and disintegrated, the twist to open mechanism broke so grating was the only option. It has a fair scent, not as slick as I like and will go back in the drawer until next time. I love the open/close action of the Micromatics.

Back
Top Bottom