Pre: Hot shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Prep: Tepid water splash
Brush: Grosvenor Badger & Bristle
Cream: Ingram's
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 15
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #2
Post: Alum, Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent, Simpson's Vitalising ASB
Fragrance: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Colonia

Result: Think I may be trying too hard as I suffered several weepers this morning. No problem for the alum, but not something that usually happens. Pretty decent end result though.

All the best,

Jon

Thursday

Ingrams
New Forest Tubby 2
Slim Adjustable
Voskhod
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Very short of time this morning so dialed the Slim up to 7 and did a WTG followed by an ATG pass. Results were very acceptable and the shave took about 5 minutes. Begs the question why I don't shave like this every weekday morning. That being said, my shaves normally only take 10 minutes from stepping in to stepping out of the bathroom anyway.

jYE1pe1.jpg

MRGLO
Digress HD B
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Erasmic Bristle
Wickham Super Smooth Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum

My third day with the Digress and Wickham soap. I don't usually stay with the same combination for so long, but am loving this one so much I'll probably continue for a while yet.

I timed myself today with the Super Smooth; 25 seconds to load and 60 seconds of "vigorous" lathering. This gave me another great, smooth, slick and cushioning lather. I piled some onto the brush and left it standing whilst I went to get my camera. It stood for about a minute before I got the shot:
bnBSVjE.jpg

As you can see, it has good staying power as well.

I've been trying my 3 Bay Rums with the soap this week and think that Steve's Bay Rum is the best match of them all. It has that richness, almost smokey/sweet, that goes well with Darron's Bay Rum/Cola combo in the sample.

The combination of soap and razor gave me yet another 2 pass BBS on most of my face, with a little buffing needed below my ear and chin. I may have to start raising funds to get a Digress of my own, and I'm definitely buying some more of this soap.

Thursday 27th March

SOTD27314_zps10a297f2.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Stroppe Shoppe London Morning scuttle lathered
Brush made by myself, TGN Finest badger 20mm
Gillette Thin Handle Tech
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A fine shave, very nice.

Thursday 03-27-14. MUSIC: Roxy Music - Viva!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0UvZIZLUTo[/video]

7d73d076-3f96-471a-bf73-6b306956acbd_zps8f4b46fc.jpg

Aleppo soap - Somerset Simpson Duke3 best badger - Gillette Fatboy - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Bowling Green.

Cold water splash
D.R. Harris Windsor soap
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Weber Polished / Bulldog handle
Sputnik (1)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Result: Comfortable and smooth :)

Back
Top Bottom