S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st March to Friday 7th March 2014

6YUh7tW.jpg

Joseph Elliot Straight
Black Beauty Long Handle
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
DR Harris Windsor
Vie Long Horse/Badger
Homemade AS splash

It's been a wee while since I used the straight. I need to work out how to get a good shave on the "weak hand" side of my neck - I needed to use the Black Beauty for the final pass on that side.

A great shave overall though.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Boellis Panama ilrasoio.com Special Edition
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian Butterscotch
Razor: Gold Cobra
Blade : Feather Professional
AS : Floid Vigoroso

image.php

image.php

Thursday.

Gillette Tech (Aluminium ball end)
Sputnik Blade
Semogue 620 Boar Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap

I have been sent some Sputnik blades as an extra in a recent BST purchase, and thought I'd give one a try.

Impressed. Very impressed. Works great in the Tech.

Not used the Cade soap for a while, and I don't know why. Lathers really easily/quickly, smells lovely and works very well.

Ian

Thursday 6th March, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Cream: MWF (in home made shave stick form)
Brush: Rubberset 400-3
Razor: Ikon Slant
Blade: Voskhod #2
Post: Alum, Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood ASL, Simpson's After Shave Balm

Result: No complaints, although feeling a tad raw, probably trying to force it. Even more important, I am finding it, to use light touch with the slant. MWF stick worked well and I got a fine lather, so pretty pleased with that.

All the best, gents.

Jon

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock pre-shave oil
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable @6
Blade: Sputnik (2)
After: 4711 AS, T&H No.10 ASB

Second time using this Black Beauty and it's taking some getting used to. Yesterday I tried it at setting 7 which seemed close but a bit too keen. Today at 6 the shave was more enjoyable but I didn't get the BBS I was after; whiskers under the chin and overall not close enough. I need more practice with this one. In fact I prefer the Slim Adjustable to the Super Adjustable, the Super seems hard work for me.
So far my ATT and Weber razors are still tops.

Down Home Summer, absolutely fabulous as usual but I immediately regretted putting on T&H No.10 ASB afterwards because its strong scent gets in the way of NSS. Also it feels claggy afterwards, I should have used something much lighter.

Have a great day, people.

SOTD20140306_zpsadc5d6a8.jpg

Cold water splash
D.R. Harris Windsor soap
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Weber Polished / Bulldog handle
Voskhod (1)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Excellent result :)

Shower
Myrsol Emulsion
Braveheart razor + Astra plat
i Coloniali - Softening Shaving Cream with Rhubarb
Simpsons E2
Krampert's Bay Rum

Feeling a bit sore and not the smoothest shave. It might be the blade or the soap. Will use Castle forbes soap tomorrow as I suspect it's the soap, odd smell too.

The scent of the Kramperts Bay Rum is very addictive. Wasn't so sure at first but the more I use it the more I like the scent. Skins feel soft, but again not sure if that's due to the soap or the Krampert's

Back
Top Bottom