wbsotd2_zps93caeaf7.jpg

wbsotd_zpsb43f9fe1.jpg

Cold water splash
Czech & Speake O&C soap
TGN 2-band badger knot / Vulfix Grosvenor handle
Weber Polished / Bulldog handle
Voskhod (2)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M-Lotion

First time using my newly acquired C&S soap. Creamy, cushiony lather and an absolutely fabulous, complex scent that lingers. Well pleased :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Pre: hot flannel
Proraso pre shave - sensitive
Ever ready 1912 with chain link handle
Gem se blades - from Connaught

Arrived today and could not resist trying it before going out to meet the missus for an early supper out.
No weepers did not seem that aggressive and found angle fairly easily, it seems nearly the same as the progress.
A dfs but working out how to do under your nose and chin could take some practise. ..

Have a good Friday night, looking forward to the rugby on Sunday.

Paul

Friday, March 7th, 2014

Friday, March 7th, 2014

158886d1394210733-sun-march-02nd-sat-march-08th-sotd-07032014.jpg

Friday Morning in Milan: Mastro Livi Classic

• Pre-shave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Green
  • Soap: Proraso Shaving Cream Blue Tube
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 49
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Classic, 6/8 Half Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine After Shave

Prep - Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill No10 Cleansing Scrub
Soap - Stirling Bay Rum
Brush - Kent BK8
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Gem Blade)
AS - Osma Alum Block
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

[attachment=9826]

Decent shave, though my ability to whip up a decent lather seems to have gone missing recently...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394212296.221128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394212296.221128.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 23
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Irisch Moos
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: EJ DE89 with Templ8 custom handle
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword UK (8)
AS: Irisch Moos balm

Full Irisch Moos day today. Soap was amazing. The NOS Wilkie blade keeps on going, nice and smooth.
IMG_20140307_071132.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 rebranded Macys silvertip (flopmeister best with creams}
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Nuetrogena oil free moisture
RL 'Safari' EdT (old juice)

The J. Peterman is my second favorite cream when it comes to performance. It also has a classy scent, but I gotta be in the mood to huff it.

BBS results,

Martin

Spear321 said:
Pre: hot flannel
Proraso pre shave - sensitive
Ever ready 1912 with chain link handle
Gem se blades - from Connaught

Arrived today and could not resist trying it before going out to meet the missus for an early supper out.
No weepers did not seem that aggressive and found angle fairly easily, it seems nearly the same as the progress.
A dfs but working out how to do under your nose and chin could take some practise. ..

Have a good Friday night, looking forward to the rugby on Sunday.

Paul
Greetings

There really is no way of doing under your nose with a SE razor other than shaving across or at least obliquely, the angle of the razor head (frame) means you would just be defying the laws of physics. As a daily SE user you just get used to it.

It goes like this (at least for me) Pass one, normal shave as a DE shave other than you can only do half, or at best two thirds of your upper lip.

Pass two (across the grain) sideways on the upper lip.

Pass three, obliquely upwards on the upper lip clearing those hairs under the nose, Fully upwards if you have skin like leather!

Regards
Dick.

UKRob said:
pjgh said:
One of the difficulties I'm having with the Feather over the CJB Kamisori is that it is so easy to inadvertently adjust the angle with finger and thumb, the handle being round at the point you grip it; the CJB is most definitely square.

Next time ...

Cheers, pal.

That's why I think traditional straights are easier to handle - you get far more control having the scales acting as both a counter-balance and something to grip. I still struggle with my traditional Kamisoris because of the need to hold the sides rather than top and bottom - it alters the whole angle at which your hold your wrist and does not feel comfortable just yet. It aslo means I don't get as good a shave despite the shave edge being just as good.

I'm actually quite the contrary and find the Kamisori style feels right. I really can't get on with the traditional cut-throat - I grip too hard and I'm prone to slicing on a pivot rather than drawing the blade across my skin.

I hold top and bottom of the handle, little finger just resting on the very back keeping the blade in line with my face, something I struggle with using a traditional cut-throat. Of the two I own, I find the CJB a better fit for my hand, but I'm sure once I get the hang of this Feather it will be a far superior piece of equipment.

I've decided against converting the CJB for a scaled, folding razor ... something we discussed at the end of last year. I do have that Edwin Jagger straight, which is still very sharp, stropped on a chamois leather which was all I had to hand. I'll give that another go in due course.

Found my first razor in the wild today so i had to take it for a spin. It's a bakelite and came in travel kit. Quite aggressive and has an unusual head design. Wil post pix in a thread over the weekend.

Bakelite razor
Cella
Gillette Thai slim (1)
Lemon eo with witch hazel

Very close shave, a lot of blade exposure but i'm used to aggressive razors and got a wonderful shave from it. 5 pounds well spent!

Had some 'Me' soaps arrived from an artisan soap maker in Spain today. Shaved with the 'Granada' this evening and really enjoyed it.. Basil, Mint and Lemon balm.. smells fantastic and a great shave too.

d3f2861e29750261aa5bd80e0f5b4d62_zps0ee1ccb3.jpg

Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech.
Blade: Feather (1).
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 Omega boar knot.
Soap: D. R. Harris Almond.
Aftershave: D. R. Harris Windsor.
Balm: D. R. Harris Windsor Aftershave Milk.
EdT: D. R. Harris Windsor.

The Omega knot is a lot softer than I expected, it was earmarked for a badger but I think it might be safe where it is, an absolutely lovely brush.

Scott.

Soap - Honey Shave Soap, (formula No.7) - Wickham Soap Co.
Brush - Hog Hair Brush
Razor - Gillette DE Adjustable
Blade - Feathers

A very pleasant shave indeed, this is a really nice soap, I'm very pleased with it. I have not added scent to this, but the smell of honey and mild chocolate scent from the cocoa oil really is something.

2 Passes : BBS : Smelling Evening Fresh and very relaxed after a hectic day.

Back
Top Bottom