Greetings

Friday 7th March 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Platinum Edge NOS
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: La Toja
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

This is my first use of this brush and I am very impressed, it has sufficient backbone for face lathering and holds plenty of lather, I gave it four latherings and dried it with a hair dryer when I received it which seems to have kicked started the break in process. I suspect in a few weeks time it will be a superb brush.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05320.JPG

Better shave today after a couple of disasters.

Face wash with Dove soap
Pre shave oil
5 minutes hot steam on face
Face lather with MWF using a vintage NOS bristle brush
New rapira super stainless blade
EJ89
Alum block
Face cream enhanced with Olbas oil.

Result: a shave to be proud of.

Friday

RazoRock XXX
New Forest Tubby 2
Gem Clog-Pruf
Gem blade
DR Harris Windsor AS

A very good shave, top lather from the XXX; and the Clog-Pruf delivered an easy BBS.

English Wilkie - fifth shave
Att 2012, on loan from fly3k
Wilkie stick
Turkish no. 6
Florida water

Despite this being an.aggressive head the shave was excellent (although I sliced a near flat mole)

pjgh said:
Good evening chaps,

Curiously, the Light blade I have out has had one shave. After a stroke down my cheek, it felt rough, grabby and uncomfortable, not to mention simply not shaving close. I ditched it and dropped a fresh one in. Surely I should get more than one shave out of a blade? My stubble is quite strong and this was two days of growth, but I'm finding my SE blades are only lasting 2-3 shaves and DEs gone by the third. Thoughts?

Cheers, all.

Almost certainly it's you technique at fault - not the blade. You should be getting better shaves at the 4th 0r 5th when the blade is broken in - and then going into double figures.

Tugging is a sign that your angle is too shallow - move the spine away from your face a little more and you will see a difference.

Ps - stubble is just hair - no matter how dense it's no match for steel.

UKRob said:
pjgh said:
Good evening chaps,

Curiously, the Light blade I have out has had one shave. After a stroke down my cheek, it felt rough, grabby and uncomfortable, not to mention simply not shaving close. I ditched it and dropped a fresh one in. Surely I should get more than one shave out of a blade? My stubble is quite strong and this was two days of growth, but I'm finding my SE blades are only lasting 2-3 shaves and DEs gone by the third. Thoughts?

Cheers, all.

Almost certainly it's you technique at fault - not the blade. You should be getting better shaves at the 4th 0r 5th when the blade is broken in - and then going into double figures.

Tugging is a sign that your angle is too shallow - move the spine away from your face a little more and you will see a difference.

Ps - stubble is just hair - no matter how dense it's no match for steel.

Thanks, Rob. I've been wary about increasing the angle but will certainly give it a go next time. One of the difficulties I'm having with the Feather over the CJB Kamisori is that it is so easy to inadvertently adjust the angle with finger and thumb, the handle being round at the point you grip it; the CJB is most definitely square.

Next time ...

Cheers, pal.

Friday

Aftenoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette Yellow (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Soap Co. 1902 Menthol
Aftershave: Mitre Trophy
Cologne: X-Bolt

Excellent last shave of the week.

Merkur 33c handle with new Merkur OC head
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Proraso Red
Simpsons Pure Badger
Alum & witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman

3 pass BBS. Love the new open comb head which came about through a trade with Jamesc. Tried plenty of vintage OC's with good results but was interested in trying a modern one. I was very impressed and look forward to more shaves with this razor.

Enjoy your weekend Gents.

Simpson Classic 2 Best
Muhle R89 rose gold w/ Feather
Synergy HTGAM Lime & Musgo Real Classic Cream
eShave Aftershave Soother Verbena Lime & GFT Skin Food Lime.

First time using the Classic and I'm very impressed. If you are a Simpson fan and haven't tried one, you're missing out.
More dense than my Chubby!

pjgh said:
One of the difficulties I'm having with the Feather over the CJB Kamisori is that it is so easy to inadvertently adjust the angle with finger and thumb, the handle being round at the point you grip it; the CJB is most definitely square.

Next time ...

Cheers, pal.

That's why I think traditional straights are easier to handle - you get far more control having the scales acting as both a counter-balance and something to grip. I still struggle with my traditional Kamisoris because of the need to hold the sides rather than top and bottom - it alters the whole angle at which your hold your wrist and does not feel comfortable just yet. It aslo means I don't get as good a shave despite the shave edge being just as good.

Friday 7th February

SOTD7314_zpse6c06d28.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Mystic Water Lily of the Valley scuttle lathered
Brush made by myself, TGN Finest badger 20mm
Gillette NEW short comb
Personna Lab Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Pink aftershave
GFT Ajaccio Violets Cologne

A decent shave, I had some lather that was disappearing, had to re-load mid way through quite unusual for me as I load pretty heavy.

Friday 03-07-14. MUSIC: Carlos Santana - Abraxas.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBfCj948OY[/video]

92e2468b-e023-464d-8207-e7043999fac6_zps21510138.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Sir Irish Moos - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Sir Irish Moos - ASL Sir Irish Moos.

Back
Top Bottom