S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

If you are a fan of a more diminutive brush - and horse hair - have a look at the Vie Long 13120 series - they do three versions. I enjoyed using mine as a travel brush until I got a Wee Scot and then - grudgingly - accepted a synth was probably the most practical solution. You can get them from the lovely Juan at G&C - I'm sure other people sell them too. They don't cost much. cheers - I.
@nolisco
I'll certainly look into that, quite enjoy a horse hair brush although not many seem to use them which is a shame. Wee Scot was a lovely brush to use. I wish I saw this post a few minutes ago before I bought a soap, reminded me I was eyeing up another horse brush. Many thanks for the recommendation.

7448f8a15a5c9cad9630868c3e94c248.jpg

Gartbnx....

One of my ugliest razors lends credence to the adage that looks are not everything. This NEW has been abused. There is no plating left on the head and all 4 corner teeth are bent and it just looks terrible. But load a blade in it and start shaving and you can not tell the difference between him and one that is NOS or has been sent out for a replate and corrective surgery. Scruffy, as I call him does the same job as the rest of my NEW razors, leaving me BBS and AGAIG. The Sputnik blade worked fine and I finished with cold water, Lavender Witch Hazel and Clubman. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
JgiAKEJ.png

Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd July 2017
Saturday:
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Schick Adjustable (7)
Blade: NOS Dutch Schick Twin (#6)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: L'Occitane Cade Balm

Sunday:
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Schick Adjustable (7)
Blade: NOS Dutch Schick Twin (#7)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 Le Bleu
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

Shaved with the OneBlade Core on Friday and while the shave was OK I was starting to think about how different the technique required with the Core was to regular SE or DE razor. As I had a big weekend on and needed a simple but good shave I decided to pull out the Schick adjustable.

Two great shaves with the Maseto 30mm giving great face lathers, and the Schick delivering super smooth and very close shaves making the Core seem a bit lacklustre in comparison.

Sun 2nd July
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Faena Sandalwood
Schick Type N
Schick Twin [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

The Twin blade really performs well in this razor, very smooth but the twin blades are extremely
efficient. Of all the Schicks that I have used a Twin Blade in, this is my favourite and that includes
the Adjustables, which I do not use anymore.

IMG_1370.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday night

Hot bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Wilkinson's Coconut & vanilla body butter
Tabac soap
Razorock 400
EJ DE89L/ Wilkinson Sword (1)
Peppermint / witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Calvin Klein Eternity Summer EDT

I've got a stash of these old Wilkinson blades, I've not used one in ages.
It paired up well with the DE89L, and delivered a top notch irritation free three passes.
The Tabac whipped up by the RazoRock 400 created a luxurious heady scent of the 70's.
Eternity Summer is a clean fresh scent that lingers nicely

Monday

Olive oil soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Vitos Green Soap
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
Claymore V2 on a Windrose Handle with a Schick Proline-P (#1)
Witch Hazel mixed with Arko Classic Cream
Brut Musk AS

I bought my Claymore as the head only version and this was the first trip with a Windrose handle To say it has a lot of heft is an understatement. First use of the Proline blades and initial impressions are good. It just remains to see how many shaves I will get per blade. 2 pass with a touchup BBS.:)

image.jpg SOTD Monday 3rd July

Prep....Shower, lavender & olive oil soap
Razor....Ever-Ready Lightweight
Blade....Pal super carbon
Soap....Barrister and Mann Leviathan
Brush....Semouge OC Badger
Post....Thayers rose Petal - Jojoba oil
Scent....Mysteque by Al Harramain

I had to use this blade again but this time in the Ever-Ready Lightweight, I have not used this razor for quite some time basically because the head is the same as my Gem natural angle and I have not had this soap out for a while because it was hidden at the back of all my other soaps so I'm pleased I did a stock check yesterday !
Today's shave was every bit as good as yesterday's, I love this blade, it was just as sharp and so smooth, it was an absolute joy to shave with.
I applied a splash of Thayers to my incredibly smooth face and I didn't feel the need for balm I just used some Jojoba oil for a moisturiser.
The Scent is also one I have not used for a while and I don't know why because it's great, it has been a morning of rediscovery and its all been good.

Have a great Monday people........:)

Last edited:
SOTD_20170703.png

• Straight Razor: Le Grelot - 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Scheermonnik - Delfts Wit
  • After-Shave: Rituals - Samurai
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street - Luxury Cologne

Back
Top Bottom