S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered with face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: P&B Citra Royale
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Personna Blue (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase

Even though I did three passes and got BBS, still not 100% happy with the Personna Blue

Again, the Razorock 400 whipped up a storming lather.

Today's result, very little irritation.

At the mo I'm trying to decide what I'm going to take on holiday on Friday, my shave soaps are already over there waiting. Sister in law said tonight it's been 40+ over there today, really I could do with something with a cooler scent if that makes sense? :)
Totally makes sense. When the weather heats up, I typically reach for fragrances that incorporate cool & refreshing notes of citrus, mint & aquatics.

If you find yourself looking through duty free before heading off on Friday, ask one of the lovely Sales Advisors for a few recommendations & test them out.

2F444080-4379-4900-9A78-738ED6E232BE_zpsw5h6xusn.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Mondial Zagara
Razor: Merkur Futur (4) first pass, then (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
A/S: Stirling Gentleman

Mondial Zagara

This is my first experience with a Mondial soap. It is a soft white soap - similar consistency to Cella. It lathers in a typical time frame to other tallow soaps that I own, and forms a very nice, consistent creamy lather. The performance was very good - glide was excellent, and so was residual slickness. If I am being picky, I would have liked a touch more cushion, but then again, this was first use, so this may be technique-related. The entire time I was lathering and shaving, I was thinking "This scent is really familiar and reminds me of something", and near the end of the shave, it hit me - Tabac! To ensure that I was not imaging it, I dug out my Tabac puck and compared the two, and there is clearly a similarity. The Zagara is more subtle, and has lighter, brighter notes of citrus, but an undeniable similarity (to me at least!) All up most impressed with this soap.

91C39F19-1A26-4EC1-A5BD-B25232A647EE_zpsmngwlsf8.jpg

Stirling Gentleman

You can't like 'em all, and this was a strike-out for me. I am a big fan of most Stirling scents, but this one came across as exorbitantly old school and a touch feminine. Horses for courses - and many love this scent, but not for me.

A lovely three pass BBS shave, and a reminder of what a great blade the Vintage Aussie Spoiler is!

19623432_1902251470029602_103953734869975040_n.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Albion
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

Second use of the blade and only a quick two pass shave, still ended up with weepers! Starting to think maybe its the razor and dawning on me that maybe there was a reason why I sold my previous Standard... hmmm.... Lather was superb with the Shavemac and LWP bowl. I'll give the razor another go tomorrow but a different blade.

3/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - DE89
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

Replacing the boar with a synth, today's shave was the same as yesterday's. A more comfortable shave with a synth than with the boar. I don't have an allergy to boar brushes, but the synth is definitely easier on my skin.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #2)
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Tallow+Steel: Maya
Post - Cold water rinse / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave

A faultless shave, in all depts.. nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom