S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

Evening gentlemen,
What can I say? What am abomination of a shave!
Good tools to work with, but a rubbish user I guess.
Many cuts and weepers, my eyesight is not good enough unfortunately to tell if the brand new polsilver si blade had something wrong with it, I kept inspecting it but.
Fatip grande
Polsilver si #1
P+b bay rum soap
Kent bk4 brush
Atkinson oud save the king.
View attachment 26713
Been there.

First time I shaved with a Polsilver SI it was awful, I tried two more shaves with the same blade and they were better but I was still unimpressed. Some time later I revisited the Polsilver SI and got slightly better results, however by this point I had obtained another pack of Polsilver SI blades, I tried one of the blades from the new pack and it was way better.

Bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Proraso Red Pre Shave
Mason Pearson pure badger
Wickhams Russian Leather
Rockwell 6c/plate 3
Voskhod (1)
Peppermint witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Oud 24

The Rockwell, the blade, and the soap were all unknown to me until tonight and each were an absolute pleasure to use.
The Wickhams soap was easily lathered and has to be one of the best performing soaps I've used to date. It provided excellent protection and glide for the blade. The scent is quite complex to my nose and very pleasing.
The Voskhod blade was kindly donated in a sample pack by @Digimonkey . Well, Iain was not wrong, these blades are super smooth and efficient. I'm sure they'll become a favourite in my rotation.
The Rockwell 6c arrived this afternoon and I was itching to use it, but held off until the evening when I knew I would have more time for my shave.
First impressions were, it's HEAVY, (and it's shiny!)
It's one of those razors that does the work for you, no pressure required at all.
I started off my shave thinking I might turn the plate over to 1, but it was so smooth and tame feeling that I kept it on 3, I'm pleased I did too.
I honestly think I've just had the shave of my life. Three passes and no need for any touch ups to get a truly BBS finish.
A splash of Proraso Green ASL evoked all but a tiny tingle.
I can see this razor becoming a favourite in no time.
I couldn't resits a few sprays of Oud 24 to top off this wonderful experience.

Bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Proraso Red Pre Shave
Mason Pearson pure badger
Wickhams Russian Leather
Rockwell 6c/plate 3
Voskhod (1)
Peppermint witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Oud 24

The Rockwell, the blade, and the soap were all unknown to me until tonight and each were an absolute pleasure to use.
The Wickhams soap was easily lathered and has to be one of the best performing soaps I've used to date. It provided excellent protection and glide for the blade. The scent is quite complex to my nose and very pleasing.
The Voskhod blade was kindly donated in a sample pack by @Digimonkey . Well, Iain was not wrong, these blades are super smooth and efficient. I'm sure they'll become a favourite in my rotation.
The Rockwell 6c arrived this afternoon and I was itching to use it, but held off until the evening when I knew I would have more time for my shave.
First impressions were, it's HEAVY, (and it's shiny!)
It's one of those razors that does the work for you, no pressure required at all.
I started off my shave thinking I might turn the plate over to 1, but it was so smooth and tame feeling that I kept it on 3, I'm pleased I did too.
I honestly think I've just had the shave of my life. Three passes and no need for any touch ups to get a truly BBS finish.
A splash of Proraso Green ASL evoked all but a tiny tingle.
I can see this razor becoming a favourite in no time.
I couldn't resits a few sprays of Oud 24 to top off this wonderful experience.
A great informative write up Paul.
I too am truly in love with the 6c.
So far, I have used the Astra SP, Polsilver SI and the Gillette 7o'clock.
To my surprise the 7o'clock is in the lead. :) Silky smooth and a blade I would never have thought of using until I received a sample donated.
I have found the #6 plate outstanding with a few days growth but my "Go to" plate is definitely #4.
Enjoy my friend! :)
Wayne

aacbb3d0c9dd930a63eabff1936d538a.jpg

A great informative write up Paul.
I too am truly in love with the 6c.
So far, I have used the Astra SP, Polsilver SI and the Gillette 7o'clock.
To my surprise the 7o'clock is in the lead. :) Silky smooth and a blade I would never have thought of using until I received a sample donated.
I have found the #6 plate outstanding with a few days growth but my "Go to" plate is definitely #4.
Enjoy my friend! :)
Wayne

Thanks Wayne !

Saturday morning;

IMG_4835.png

This morning was a good one, my 3rd shave with the Merkur 37C. 2 passes, WTG/XTG to tidy up around my beard and I'm good to go. Feather didn't feel tuggy in any way but it didn't feel as efficient as previously so has been resigned to the blade bin. Thought it was a tad warm for the leathery, boozy scent of the P&B Spitfire so went with one of my newer additions and opted for the P&B Imperial Rum. As to be anticipated, it performed admirably! Lovely and sheeny-shiny, slick and spicy. Splash of Boots Bay Rum left me feeling invigorated and I continued that with some Imperial Rum solid cologne.

I could happily use this razor herein and have excellent, worry-free shaves. I could sell all my gear and just keep this razor... I could... but where would the fun in that be?

Onto the next one chaps!

Saturday morning;

IMG_4835.png

This morning was a good one, my 3rd shave with the Merkur 37C. 2 passes, WTG/XTG to tidy up around my beard and I'm good to go. Feather didn't feel tuggy in any way but it didn't feel as efficient as previously so has been resigned to the blade bin. Thought it was a tad warm for the leathery, boozy scent of the P&B Spitfire so went with one of my newer additions and opted for the P&B Imperial Rum. As to be anticipated, it performed admirably! Lovely and sheeny-shiny, slick and spicy. Splash of Boots Bay Rum left me feeling invigorated and I continued that with some Imperial Rum solid cologne.

I could happily use this razor herein and have excellent, worry-free shaves. I could sell all my gear and just keep this razor... I could... but where would the fun in that be?

Onto the next one chaps!

What brush is it? Looks very nice.

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa Red pre-share
Soap: Prorosa Red
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Shark (2nd)
Brush: Omega Boar

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

My love affair with the Shark blades continues – smooth and efficient. Only 3 passes today (with and across (both ways)).

NICE :D

Back
Top Bottom