Olive Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P preshave cream
Nanny's Arabian Nights Soap
Vulfix Grosvenor 404 Badger/Boar Brush
Star 1912 with a stainless Gem (#5)
Alum Block
Homemade Buttermix
Myrsol Agua De Limon

Obviously the Proline and Claymore combination are working well. I only needed 2 passes with the Star to get almost BBS. The weekend starts early for me today. I leave work mid afternoon. Moon Walk tonight. It's a charity ascent of Pen-y-fan....the highest mountain in S Wales, raising money for St David's Hospice. If the weather keeps up....it should be good.
Well done and good luck for your charity walk tonight, good man :)

Greetings All,

Thursday shave (Bit late posting).

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa Red pre-share
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Shark (1st)
Brush:Omega Boar

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, ALUM, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

I do like the Shark blades – smooth and efficient and with the OSP soap, a very comfortable 3 passes and BBS, SO much better than my last shave and life feels so much better.

Hello all, Friday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and BSA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Razor (day 2).
Soap - Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - D.R. Harris Skin Tonic , followed by Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Soothing Post Shave Balm.

Lovely, 3 pass shave - back home after the holiday, nice to have access to the Den (I missed shaving with the SE1) and soft water :).

The Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha, soap and post shave balm are both delightful. I'm glad I popped into the Gentleman's Groom Room before going back to work.

I managed to pick up some IbizaAloe products when on holiday - the AloeCream is most excellent, possibly the best Aloe vera cream I have used for a post shave.

All the best,

Chris

Sotd - Thursday 6/7

Razor - Merkur 37c slant
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush - Maseto silvertip
Soap - RazoRock Emperor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Aloe Vera gel.

Result - I noticed a lot of love for the slant around here recently so I thought to use mine tonight. It really is a classic. Simple, cheap and effortlessly functional. In my usual hybrid two passes it made short work of a five day growth. No drama - no incidents. The Silver Blues work very well for me in any razor, sharp but not dangerously so and very comfortable in use. I didn't know where to go with the software tonight - but since I'm on my own this evening I could indulge in a bit of soap sniffing to see what I fancied. I mean - we all understand this but I'm not sure I would want to be caught in the act. It could appear a bit odd if not worse. So - ersatz Aventus it was. The Emperor and Platinum work well together for me. Right - I have to accept that other shaving brushes are available in my den in addition to the 30mm Maseto - yup - like the - soon to be arriving - 24mm Finest in a rather beautiful horn handle I bought tonight from a fellow member. I'm worthless and weak, I know. Only the two-band to go! All in all a really enjoyable shave - I am relaxed, smell nice and smoother than an otter with alopecia. Job done. I remember the bad old days when shaving was a chore - not for some time now thankfully. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen. cheers - I.

"smoother than an otter with alopecia" LoL :)

20170706_203306-jpg.14376

Razor: Muhle Rocca
Razor blades: Astra SP/Polsilver/Gillette Platinum
Brush: shavemac snowman
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

First impressions on the Muhle Rocca:

I'd say its one of the hardest razors I've used. I struggled to find and keep the cutting angle.
I used three different blades, one for each pass.
I started with the Astra. I didn't find it very smooth and there was a lot of stubble left after the first pass.
Changed the blade to the Polsilver for the second and again not very smooth.
Changed the blade again to the Gillette Platinum which improved things a lot.
I needed two passes ATG to get a finish I was happy with.
The finished shave was good but there were a couple places which could've been better.....To be continued.

Cheers
Rob
Would you look good with a beard? :)

Would you look good with a beard? :)

Tell me about it Paul. :rolleyes: I really was in two minds on whether to post my SOTD last night.

I'd rather tell it the way it is as my fans expect it from me.:cool:;)

I've already got a reputation as being a fussy bugger, which is well-earned though. I'm now paranoid people are reading my posts and thinking ‘'Can this bloke even use a razor''. :confused: It's starting to get embarrassing. :oops::(

Have a good weekend champ.

Cheers
Rob

Tell me about it Paul. :rolleyes: I really was in two minds on whether to post my SOTD last night.

I've already got a reputation as being a fussy bugger, which is well-earned though. I'm now paranoid people are reading my posts and thinking ‘'Can this bloke even use a razor''. :confused: It's starting to get embarrassing. :oops::(

Cheers
Rob
You too mate :)

Friday...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - EJ Medium Best Badger
Bowl - Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor - Fatip Piccolo
Blade - Personna Israeli Red #2
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Tabac Original After Shave.

Sublime. I don't often bowl lather with soaps, so I thought I'd better keep my skill levels up. Loading and hydrating brought about a tremendous lather, with the qualities you'd expect from Tabac. Plenty protection and glide provided for the Piccolo and a smoother blade.

Weekend calls, folks; have a great one.
20170707_115537.jpg

Hey gents,

Last night's shave report below, second shave with the Rockwell 6C.

I fancied changing up the handle, I have a few different handles, that look great on my bedside table, but never get any use, so last night was the day! I actually think it looks quite good on this handle as well.

Anyway, the shave. I lathered up some Frankinsence 1912 with this fantastic ATG LE 400 Silvertip. It's just a great brush. Super soft, but whips up a brilliant lather. I love it, it's probably the softest brush I own and offers me something different from the rest of my collection. The soap, it's my second use of, the first use I wasn't particularly enamoured, didn't love it, didn't loathe it, but last night the scent really grew on me. Still not in love, but for an evening shave it provides a pleasant, calming scent. Enjoyed it.

So, the Rockwell, again on number 4, the beard with, I think, 3 days growth. The first pass, wasn't as smooth as my first use of the Rockwell and there were a couple of times were it felt a teeny bit tuggy, nothing major, just not straight through like a hot knife through butter. That said, the first pass went without any drama and a good finish, even after the first pass. Tiny weeper on my Adams apple, but that was it. There is blade feel, but it NEVER feels like it's going to bite. Lathered up for the second pass, cracked on, again, no drama, no issues a very good finish, the weeper had healed up and that was that. I like this razor. I do feel like I should try a different baseplate though!

img_20170706_222322-01-jpeg.14393

Cheers
Rob
Rob. Your S2 - job done mate...:D

Back
Top Bottom